Guys suggest me a new SMARTPHONE?

hello guys,

now i am thinking of buying some kickass smartphone..

i want some smartphone with kickass hardware and software...

kindly suggest some...

my price range is anything for a good phone worth the price...

P.S. : Bought a Samsung Galaxy S in the end..

What will you be using it for?

For me

Kickass Software = Android

Kickass Hardware = Sonyericsson

So if i was you i would be going for X10.

Samsung Galaxy S

Samsung Nexus S

HTC Desire HD

why not N8 its gud too..? me too looking for some gud in-fashioned smart-phone regardless of the price but gud features.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What will you be using it for?
[/quote]

i ll be using it for … hm like a phone… for calls…texting… internet browsing and managment … social networking… sometime for GPS navigation

CAMERA… video recording… and for music , videos , movies , some games… and everything that is possible with a SMART phone… :D

oops i think i just listed all the stuff that can be done with a smartphone…

and guys kindly be a bit explanatory … kindly support your suggestion with some details:)

and guys kindly be a bit explanatory … kindly support your suggestion with some details:)
[/quote]

Well, selection of a phone is almost a personal choice that is why there are many models available out there otherwise if one phone had been perfect, the other companies wouldn’t be in business.

Display Type

Best available type is Super AMOLED becasue on LCD/TFT, Black is not Black but it is Dark Grey. Thus Super AMOLED is the only display which can show pure Black and has highest contrast ratio

Display Size

Since modern smart phones are without any physical keyboards, so you will have to use its on-screen keyboard. A minimum display size is required to comfortably use the on-screen keyboard. I will not go anything less than 3.7"

Processor

At least a 1GHz processor is the requirement for today’s smart phone (and you are asking for kickass thing)

Storage

8GB is bare minimum these days. Expandability is definitely a plus point.

Connectivity

WLAN, 2G/3G, Bluetooth and MicroUSB are essentials.

Camera

A phone is a phone and a camera is a camera, but a good built-in camera wouldn’t hurt. A 5MP with good low light performance is OK

Operating System

Here is personal choice… if you like iOS then go for iPhone…if you don’t want to use your phone as per Steve Job’s instructions then chose Android. If you like Nokia, it is there with all its goodies…

All of my above suggested models (Nexus S, Galaxy S and Desire HD) fulfil the hardware criteria mentioned above except iPhone which does not have AMOLED display.

Few goodies about Galaxy S / Nexus S

DIVX/XVID support (It will play almost any file you throw at it)

4" 800 x 480 super sharp AMOLED display

Android 2.2 with many custom ROMs available

Blazing fast performance (its GPU is capable of 90 Million triangles / sec processing capability)

DLNA - Directly play whatever is your Galaxy from Windows 7 Media Player

SWYPE Keyboard - Ideal for touch phones - you don’t need to press keys - just trace a path on the letters which are in your intended word. It will detect what you wanted

Front Camera for video calls

Extremely good main 5MP camera with good low light performance

HD recording and playback

Excellent multi touch, very responsive screen better than HTC Desire

Phone is a personal preference and mine is of course Android OS + Best Available Hardware

^

Thanks alot brother... for such a detailed reply..

i m interested in both galaxy s and nexus s ... but both have some features which are missing in other.. http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3115&idPhone2=3620

moreover HTC Desire HD is also an awesome phone.. and so is sony ericson xperia x10... i m confused.. =s ...

there is no phone which has all the good features combined in it... =/

some dont have amoled screen , while others dont have 720p video recording and gyro censor , led flash , 8mp camera and the list goes on...

Sony Ericsson Satio (Idou).. its a good phone :P camera is awesome :o

Sony Ericsson Satio (Idou)… its a good phone :P camera is awesome :o
[/quote]

symbian… akkkkh thu…

You should go for the Samsung SGH i780 at $150 it is more than any phone offers in that category with high end hardware. Depends on your usage really. If you like roaming around with a womans slab of fashion assesories go for the iphone instead.

Android phones - the Huawei Ideos X5 should launch soon here and probably deliver the most bang for the buck..

I just had a look at Xperia X10 specs. The phone seems good but its TFT with 65K colors only. You know during the lifetime of your phone the display is the thing you need to see (or face it) most of the time. Tell me why people try to find a beautiful girl for marriage ? Becasue they have to see the face for lifetime... So your phone's display should be kickass.

Now Xperia is offered with only 384MB RAM and Android 1.6 (upgradeable to Eclair 2.1 only) so you will probabily never see Froyo or Gingerbread on it.

IMO one should spend few more bucks (if one can) to buy the BEST..and you need to decide which is Best for you

Samsung Galaxy S2 will be launching shortly and I hope it will have those features that were missing in Galaxy S

@ShoukaT, don't run after "features" go for the looks :D , because Steve jobs every year tell people that last year the iPhone i sold you was nothing but plastic crap, and you should buy this improved version with new iOS blah blah, same with goes with Android.

Samsung Galaxy S2 will be launching shortly and I hope it will have those features that were missing in Galaxy S
[/quote]

The Galaxy S2 seems a great phone but you need to wait. And this is never ending story becuase after Galaxy S2 there will be some other model in pipeline… so !!!

@ShoukaT, don’t run after “features” go for the looks :D , because Steve jobs every year tell people that last year the iPhone i sold you was nothing but plastic crap, and you should buy this improved version with new iOS blah blah, same with goes with Android.
[/quote]

Not only Looks, but features as well. People have already started speculating about iPhone 5 features. Here’s a short list

Attracts UFOs

Ex-foliation

Spins straw into gold

Enables time travel

Makes you invisible

Pie on demand

Get out of jail free

Predicts future, changes past

Controls weather & stock market

Makes broccoli taste like chocolate

Masseuse

Gives flu to your ex

Cures flu

Repairs appliances

Cosmetic surgery

Cleans teeth

Does your taxes & your hair

3D video camera

Plays 3D movies

Washes your cat

Is not that impressing list of features ?

3D video camera

Plays 3D movies

[/quote]

Well actually LG Optimus 3D has already got this :P

I can arrange XTE Blade for 14k brand new :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade-3391.php

Contact me if interested :)

0321-8886916

I can arrange XTE Blade for 14k brand new :)

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade-3391.php

Contact me if interested :)

0321-8886916

[/quote]

Am interested - can you post more details? With warranty or as is?