Graphics Card Suggestion

Hey guys..I need graphics card for my old pc so i can run games on it too.Basically i don't need very high end graphics card like 8800gtx because cpu will be bottleneck then.

Specs:

Intel D915GLVG Mothboard (PCI Express Version1 Slot for Graphics Card)

1.5 GB Ram

3.0GHZ Processor with HT

Sata Hard Drive 500GB.

So i need a graphics card which would utilize full power and would work fine with this computer basically i dont want any bottleneck so i need a graphics card which is perfect for this pc.Budget is under 10k

Thanks!

What do you guys think about this card

GeForce PCX 8600GT 1GB (128-BITS) DDRII

Will it work fine on my pc and all mid level games will run or CPU will be the bottleneck and will it work on my motherbarod (It supports PCI E cards)

1 gb is too much it wont be utilised! get a 512 version with better specs if possible ddr3 version

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What do you guys think about this card

[/quote]

+1

DDR3 will be better but you will need more memory too. Your computer's memory will be too slow so it's better not to run out of graphic card's own memory.

That card isn't a bad choice. Perhaps you don't need to go for 1gb memory though. A 384mb card will suffice for most of the games (crysis uses 380mb sometimes - I read somewhere).

Ok Thanks guys.I'll buy this card with a new branded psu because my pc is using desi psu so i think it's a bad idea to run this card on desi psu.

You don't need to buy the 1gb card. Get the 256mb version if its available. With only a 128 bit interface the card cannot use more then 256mb of memory. So just get the 256mb one, and if you cant find it then get the 512mb one.

+1

[/quote]

Dont waste Your money on “86xx xx” … it sucks after a Year or may be Soon :confused: . Go For GeForce 9600GSO [ 384MB - 192 bits ] DDR-III Rs.10,000/=

it is more stronger than any of 86xx series Card Plus after O.C it is Touch to 8800GT !!

Dont waste Your money on “86xx xx” … it sucks after a Year or may be Soon :confused: . Go For GeForce 9600GSO [ 384MB - 192 bits ] DDR-III Rs.10,000/=

it is more stronger than any of 86xx series Card Plus after O.C it is Touch to 8800GT !!

[/quote]

Will it work fine on this pc?If yes then i’ll buy it.

[/quote]

I am using that card and it’s pretty good. I’m not sure if it works well with AGP though. It’s a very good budget card though.

[/quote]

Yeah sure … dont worry abt that ;) .

Intel 3.0 Ghz HT + 1.5 Giga Ram Can Boost This Card so easily . But u need a Good PSU for that (not BULK PSU and not CHINA BRAND)

XFX RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS

SYSTEM

* PCI-Express 16 x Slot

* 384MB System Memory

* Intel: Pentium 4 / Celeron / Duo

* AMD: Athlon / Athlon XP / AM2 / 939 / 940

* PCI-Express or PCI-Express 2.0 compliant motherboard

* One 6-pin supplementary power connector

* HDCP Compliant Analog / DVI Display (Optional)

* HDCP Compliant Optical CD/DVD Drive (Optional)

* IDE Hard Drive / Serial ATA Hard Drive

* PC Tower > Full Size

SOFTWARE

* Windows XP® / Windows® XP x 64 Professional

* Windows Vista™ / Vista Premium

* DirectX®9c

* DirectX®10

XFX RECOMMENDED POWER SUPPLY REQUIREMENTS

* Non-SLI: Minimum 500W or greater

* SLI: Minimum 600W or greater

*** Minimum system power requirement based on PC configured with an Intel Core2 Extremem processor QX6700

-----------------------------

all i wanna say that i just Love this Card :D . it is Powerfull (Touching to 8800 gt) Less Power consumption , Silent (no shoor sharaba :D) , Cool , O.C and its Design ;) it is a Beautiful Card ;)

I am using that card and it’s pretty good. I’m not sure if it works well with AGP though. It’s a very good budget card though.

[/quote]

This mobo has PCI Express 16x Slot

This mobo has PCI Express 16x Slot

[/quote]

Yeah i Read about Your mobo :) . and @ASAD_N the Geforce 8 and 9 Series has only PCI-Express Cards not AGP !! :P

The 8600 GT is a good enough card for your system for under Rs. 7,000. As is with all things the more you spend the more you get. If you're willing to spend all of that 10 thou for a card then the best choice for you would be the 9600 GSO. It's 192 bit, 384mb ddr 3 and it's 10 thou.

Check first though if your motherboard has a pci express 16 slot. All newer cards are PCI EX 16 if not PCI X 2.0. I think the most powerful AGP card that is still available in the market is the ATI 1650 Pro. If I remember it was ddr 2, 128 bit and around 5,000.

Even my 2 year old 7800 GT is PCX16. That is still powerful enough not to need an upgrade till next year.

The 8600 GT is a good enough card for your system for under Rs. 7,000. As is with all things the more you spend the more you get. If you’re willing to spend all of that 10 thou for a card then the best choice for you would be the 9600 GSO. It’s 192 bit, 384mb ddr 3 and it’s 10 thou.

Check first though if your motherboard has a pci express 16 slot. All newer cards are PCI EX 16 if not PCI X 2.0. I think the most powerful AGP card that is still available in the market is the ATI 1650 Pro. If I remember it was ddr 2, 128 bit and around 5,000.

Even my 2 year old 7800 GT is PCX16. That is still powerful enough not to need an upgrade till next year.

[/quote]

Hmm it has a pci e slot 16 x but i think CPU will be bottleneck.I’ll just use onboard vga.It’s better to just get a medium end core2duo with a 8800gt and run it instead of adding graphics card on this computer.I just need a comptuer which consumes less electricity and can run fine on my ups :(.My main computer only stays up for 10 minutes on ups but this computer stays up for at least 1-2 hours on ups.

Dont waste Your money on “86xx xx” … it sucks after a Year or may be Soon hmm . Go For GeForce 9600GSO [ 384MB - 192 bits ] DDR-III
[/quote]

hehe…you do know that 9600GSO is just 8800GS renamed right? see:

http://en.expreview.com/2008/04/04/name-change-geforce-8800gs-to-become-geforce-9600gso/

Its still a great budget card of course…but a “good” marketing tactic by nVidia don’t you think? ;)

hehe…you do know that 9600GSO is just 8800GS renamed right? see:

http://en.expreview.com/2008/04/04/name-change-geforce-8800gs-to-become-geforce-9600gso/

Its still a great budget card of course…but a “good” marketing tactic by nVidia don’t you think? ;)

[/quote]

I knew that and it doesn’t really matter as long as the card is good. But striker111 was referring to 86xx which is a little outdated now even in terms of performance. 88xx is a good series though.

I knew that and it doesn’t really matter as long as the card is good. But striker111 was referring to 86xx which is a little outdated now even in terms of performance. 88xx is a good series though.

[/quote]

oh…my mistake…sorry

I have intel p4 3.2 HT, with intel D86GVHZ board.1gb ddr2 ram..... and what wud be the ideal card for my machine as matter of speaking? i have only PCI slot for it, my board doesnt support AGP......

Inno3D Ichill Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS Xstriker 3===> is this card compatible with my machine??

I have intel p4 3.2 HT, with intel D86GVHZ board.1gb ddr2 ram… and what wud be the ideal card for my machine as matter of speaking? i have only PCI slot for it, my board doesnt support AGP…

Inno3D Ichill Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS Xstriker 3===> is this card compatible with my machine??

[/quote]

already Give You the Answer :)