Grand Theft Auto 4 business sales more than 500 million $'s

NEW YORK (Reuters ) - Take-Two Interactive Software Inc scored more than $500 million in global sales of criminal action game "Grand Theft Auto 4 " in its first week, marking what it said on Wednesday is one of the most lucrative entertainment events in history.

The interactive software publisher, which is facing a takeover offer from rival Electronic Arts Inc, said it sold about 3.6 million units globally at its debut on April 29, and some 6 million units in total in the week.

Retail chains such as GameStop Corp and Best Buy Co Inc took advance orders for weeks of GTA 4, which has been lavished with near-universal accolades.

.......complete article.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2298495,00.asp

here is same story on different sites

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080507.wgtGTAsales0507/BNStory/Technology/home

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=498944

the game received 10 out of 10 points at gamespot.com. i've never seen a game scoring so much points at this site in 4 years.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the game received 10 out of 10 points at gamespot.com. i’ve never seen a game scoring so much points at this site in 4 years.
[/quote]

even on metacritic it got a 99

metacritic compiles reviews from diffrent reviewers and gives a score and 99 is amazing

i also read the GTA 4 broke halo 2s reacord for sellin or somethin

yeah! its halo 3 actually which was a little more than 400 million dollars. if you read the complete article its there

yeah! its halo 3 actually which was a little more than 400 million dollars. if you read the complete article its there
[/quote]

oops made a typo error

from what i have read the story of GTA IV is also pretty good

Is it really that good? Jeez i must buy this game for my PS3 !

I liked GTA games but i didnt really see what difference this version has over the previous 3D versions of GTA. They all look pretty much the same to me.

And please, Rockstar cant you make just one good looking guy as the Main Character in the game? I mean this guy in GTA 4 looks totally crap, looks to me like some beggar? Lol. And the guy in GTA San Andreas was pretty sucky too.. Black guy with a cartoon like face. The Liberty City guy was good enough. I dont know why they cant make a decent enough character. Nothing against the game though.

Am gonna buy this game after a month. Right now people at Dellawalla and Forum would probably be charging 6000+ for this game. They sold Fifa 2008 on launch date for 6500rs to a customer infront me :o. It was also eid time though back then.

the game received 10 out of 10 points at gamespot.com. i’ve never seen a game scoring so much points at this site in 4 years.
[/quote]

Gamespot later accepted that their pointing system for GTA4 was buggy that’s why it stayed at 10/10 for several days.

I am big big big GTA fan. The game looks awesome in trailers and in pictures. Can’t wait till its released on PC.

What i like most about GTA games is the extend you can MOD your game to, on PC.

I wish the company earn billions from this game, caz most of the times, they get no benefit from us south-Asian gamers. As a gamer, i personlly would love to spend on LEGIT copies of my favorite games like Tombraider (beat Anniversary yesterday :P), GTA, Tekken and NFS… but none of these are legally available here :-/ so we’ve no other option but to play the unauthorized versions.

^the vicecity guy was decent :)

And please, Rockstar cant you make just one good looking guy as the Main Character in the game? I mean this guy in GTA 4 looks totally crap, looks to me like some beggar? Lol. And the guy in GTA San Andreas was pretty sucky too… Black guy with a cartoon like face. The Liberty City guy was good enough. I dont know why they cant make a decent enough character. Nothing against the game though.
[/quote]

GTA 4 has a single player mission control as well and the guy is not a begger but an illegal immigrant.

the initial GTA’s main idea was to earn respect of different mobs in the city by doing them favors mostly by stealing cars and running amok. They hav shifted from that point when vice city was launched.

GTA 4 has a single player mission control as well and the guy is not a begger but an illegal immigrant.
[/quote]

Yeah well i know but he Looks like a beggar.

Whatever the story of the game, i feel the main character should at least be good looking? I mean look at Uncharted? Tomb Raider?

Still i dont think it shoulf affect GTA 4 in anyway. The game is great, Just that they should really work on the look of the Characters.

Very addictive.. People have to drag me from my Xbox360 :P

Yeah well i know but he Looks like a beggar.

Whatever the story of the game, i feel the main character should at least be good looking? I mean look at Uncharted? Tomb Raider?

Still i dont think it shoulf affect GTA 4 in anyway. The game is great, Just that they should really work on the look of the Characters.

[/quote]

well actually he is more like a villain (stealing cars, doing dirty works, planting bombs etc etc) and not all villain are good looking.

well actually he is more like a villain (stealing cars, doing dirty works, planting bombs etc etc) and not all villain are good looking.

[/quote]

Yea but main characters in a game :)… Anyway does anyone know how much this game costs in karachi? I think ill buy it next month.