GPS for Pakistan?

i have seen few gps for sale on few Pakistani web sites, i m just currious what map they have? AFIK there is no gps map for Pakistan.

am i missing something here or what????? can some one please through some light on it??????

yeah pakistani gps automated voice instructions

go straight 1 kilometre you'll see dhobi ghaat make a let turn

then go half kilometer at left when tanveer lassi shop comes then make a right

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

go straight 1 kilometre you’ll see dhobi ghaat make a let turn

[/quote]

:lol: that’d be awesome. I’ll get it if its out there

hehehehehhehehehe thats nice one,

i think i should pass these valuable information to TOMTOM if they make Pakistan map then put these info in map. :D

go straight 1 kilometre you'll see dhobi ghaat make a let turn

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahahahahahahahaha man loved that

i would have added u reps if punbb had this feature

Do they mention the map is for Pakistani City(ies)?

would love to learn how to make map,

and it can be most laughing map of the world.

Get serious guys.

some private ppl did make pakistan maps. they can be found at http://pkmaps.freeforums.org/

the corolla altis and now the civic do offer gps navigation systems. iv seen the one in altis and it really does have voice instructed gps maps in it.

There is no navigation software as far as I know but Google Maps are pretty accurate

Use Google Maps on Android - you can now get HTC Android phones staring around 14K brand new, at least in Karachi. The nicer ones keep going up in price all the way to 40-50K though.

^^ FYI: I have successfully installed Pakistan maps from pkmaps website in Garmin Mobile XT running on a generic Chinese PNA. Unit cost me around $150 on eBay and it is running pretty well (at least in major areas of Karachi). However, map routing is pretty lame, due to supposedly speed limits put on smaller streets.

[/quote]

I don’t think there is any thing to laugh at. If these are the names you usually tell people to direct them about locations, then why laugh at it, if a machine directs you in the same way?

i have seen few gps for sale on few Pakistani web sites, i m just currious what map they have? AFIK there is no gps map for Pakistan.

am i missing something here or what??? can some one please through some light on it???

[/quote]

Which sites have you been on?

AFAIK, Garmin Devices are the most selling in Paksitan by Vehicle tracking companies. And naqsha.net is the one who is making maps of most of Pakistani cities for Garmin devices for local tracking companies. They are not free of cost. The people at naqsha.net, according to my knowledge, are making Garmin maps based on Google Maps data using Google Maps APIs. but they sell it with Garmin devices or for Garmin Mobile softwares based on paid licenses. Local tracking companies are using these licensed maps in their Garmin devices.

For free Garmin maps you can visit http://pkmaps.freeforums.org/. but they are not as much in quantity as naqsha.net has done with it. PKMAPS at freeforums are provided by volunteers, contributing their efforts for you but they are individuals making maps in same or different ways. you can use the stuff they are using already to make maps yourself.

Use Google Maps on Android - you can now get HTC Android phones staring around 14K brand new, at least in Karachi. The nicer ones keep going up in price all the way to 40-50K though.
[/quote]

The only two things which encourage me not to use Google Maps as for GPS Navigation are

1- It requires the internet connection to show Google Maps. It however a PLUS feature as Google Said but mostly there are not so many updates on the Maps which really needs to be updated in your device. So in here I think it’s less as a feature and a big loss of GPRS/EDGE cost.

2- Google Maps does have an option to work with Digital Compass only on an Android phone. AFAIK, no other version of Google Maps is having Compass feature, so no navigational use is powerful with it if not used in an Android phone… Tell me if I missed some thing regarding that…