Got new laptop! But no windows disk

Hi guys, I've had my new Sony VIAO vpcea15fa laptop for about 2 days now and overall I'm very happy. However, in the package there was no Windows 7. Is that usual that no windows disk is given with a new laptop? (this is my first laptop).

If so, how do I go about re-formatting my laptop.

Moreover windows key is and genuine label bla bla is written under the laptop but I wanted an original windows CD and not a pirated after spending so many bucks.

Nowadays many laptop manufacturers don't include the operating system disk. You have to order it separately from them at an extra cost! You can also check Sony's website to see if you can download it.

Also note that the disk given to you by the manufacturer is not just the operating system, but a complete recovery disk meant to reformat your laptop to the original state it was in when you first purchased it. If you look at the bottom of your laptop, you might find a sticker with the Windows key printed on it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi guys, I’ve had my new Sony VIAO vpcea15fa laptop for about 2 days now and overall I’m very happy. However, in the package there was no Windows 7. Is that usual that no windows disk is given with a new laptop? (this is my first laptop).

If so, how do I go about re-formatting my laptop.

Moreover windows key is and genuine label bla bla is written under the laptop but I wanted an original windows CD and not a pirated after spending so many bucks.

[/quote]

Congrats Man, From where did you buy it? Mostly pakistani shops don’t provide with the Windows disk!

Yes! nowadays the OS Install Disks are not packaged with the laptop purchase. But if the laptop is having a pre-installed licensed version of OS, then it should also have a recovery disk drive on the hard drive which you can use in any kind of failure.

^ and you can create recovery disks from the recovery partition, if you want.

Ahh yes. I completely forgot about the recovery partition! Yes the people who posted above are correct. In fact after a bit of searching around, it seems Sony Vaio's come with a 'Vaio Recovery Wizard' using which you can create a system recovery disc as well!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Congrats Man, From where did you buy it? Mostly pakistani shops don’t provide with the Windows disk!

[/quote]

UAE

Thats what I was going to ask about recovery disk when my Yateem's signal got off due to a pigeon sitting on my device. :D

Let me check whether I could make a CD from it or not.

Anyways thnx to all beloved members.