Google's Android vs. the World

Android marketshare has been climbing while the iPhone's remains stagnant and BlackBerry takes a dive. Will we soon see a world dominated only by this one platform?

http://my.opera.com/portalnews/blog/googles-android-vs-the-world

With live profile, BB will suffer a very big loss

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Android marketshare has been climbing while the iPhone’s remains stagnant and BlackBerry takes a dive. Will we soon see a world dominated only by this one platform?

http://my.opera.com/portalnews/blog/googles-android-vs-the-world

[/quote]

No. See the car market, or the sabzi market, or just about any other market… many things available.

Closest to domination was probably windows with 90% penetration, but on phones that seems unlikely. Even Android will split, with companies like Amazon creating their own distro complete with their own app store, and Cinese companies their own, etc etc.

Android is hot these days. Everyone is getting an Android phone just as the case was with iPhone.

BB or WP7 cant seem to keep up with the battle of phone OS, so we'll have to wait for something new to topple Android from its current position.

Android is going to become the mass mobile OS in future. Just like Windows did for PC against Mac. I don't think WP7 or BB will be able to give it a tough time, no matter what. They will probably cater to certain segments, like BB for business. Its all about acceptance and Android is getting acceptance from every segment.

Android is going to become popular,i see the Google android he has many option to use , every thing is available in this phone if you want.

googleandroidfiguresgoo.png

World Lost

androidm.jpg

Symbian remains top mobile OS in Europe, as Android beats iOS

i'm not big supporter of BADA but i use both OS means Android and Bada

Both systems are cool I love Bada processing Android seams to be create problem if i open 5,6 apps in parallel.

my ranking

1. Android
  2. Iphone
  3. Bada

===========

Symbian s60

MAC

WIN CE

Andriod

===========

Symbian ^3

Android

WIN 7

MAC

BADA

===========

Android Froyo 2.3

Symbian Anna

MAC

BADA

WIN 7

[quote=“firecruz, post:11, topic:14172”]

Android Froyo 2.3

Symbian Anna

MAC

BADA

WIN 7

[/quote]

Android Gingerbread 2.3* Correction

[quote=“firecruz, post:11, topic:14172”]

===========

Symbian s60

MAC

WIN CE

Andriod

[/quote]

Just for information,the first Android phone (HTC Dream AKA T-Mobile G1)was released in Oct 2008.

thanks for correction! :)

btw just sharing the versions i read a min ago on android! :) seems they got some confectionaty shop near by :D

2.0 Eclair

2.1 Eclair

2.2 Froyo

2.3 Gingerbread

3.1 Honeycomb

3.2 Honeycomb

4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (coming soon)

All of OS names which Android uses are desserts /sweets.

[quote=“firecruz, post:14, topic:14172”]

thanks for correction! :)

btw just sharing the versions i read a min ago on android! :) seems they got some confectionaty shop near buy :D

2.0 Eclair

2.1 Eclair

2.2 Froyo

2.3 Gingerbread

3.1 Honeycomb

3.2 Honeycomb

4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (coming soon)

[/quote]

You forgot some more confectionery, they had offered in past :)

1.5 Cupcake

1.6 Donut

hahahha... nice! :) some yummy OS(s)

Android is present and future. Not just because Android phones are customizable (unlike iPhone) but because there are large number of programmers, especially underground programmers who are releasing unofficial updates every now and then.

My ranking of mobile devices OS:

1) Android

2) Everything else is a sh**.

Why? Because if I had bought first Android phone HTC's G1 (which came with Android 1.0) then I still can update it to Android 2.3 (heck, even update it to Android 3.0). And all thanks to underground (grey) programmers who are working for free and releasing updates yet "unofficial" OS updates for G1. Such things never happened in mobile world. If you have Nokia, Blackberry or iPhone, you are stuck with the OS and it's limitations. But all thanks to rooting and underground programmers, Android is new "MS-DOS". Because it happened in IBM-compatible PC. You can buy PC with MS-DOS 3.2 but still can update to version 5.0 and later 6.x without upgrading hardware. That's why Android ROCKS! And that's why everybody else sucks.

"....because there are large number of programmers..." <---- so true cuz this is the thing which keeps it live and lets programmer do some business without paying royalty or something!

BUT JUST FYI.....

Nokia has launched an QT app.... which can run android apps in symbian ^ OS (also on anna) :)

[quote=", post:13, topic:14172"]

Just for information,the first Android phone (HTC Dream AKA T-Mobile G1)was released in Oct 2008.

[/quote]