Google will have image adds in image search

Google - now with more ads!

Google Image Search will soon produce picture-based ads, Google announced Monday. Just as web searches from Google.com produce text advertisements on the right-hand side of the results page, ads will also be incorporated into Image search results.

There is a "direct connection" between image search and commerce, R.J. Pittman, product management director, said at an event held at Google's Mountain View headquarters. "If we can align the nature of the images from the advertisers with the nature of the images from Image Search, it will help users find more of what they're looking for. You'll see that these renderings show a fairly seamless user experience rather than just a stack of ads across the top."

No word on when the ads will debut, but while I was checking Image Search this morning to see if the ads were showing up yet

Source

in my opinion this will be a lil annoyin

well google is providing so many services for free. i think they have right to do these sort of things.

adblock plus!

Good news for advertisers, bad for IE users!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

adblock plus!
[/quote]

Unethical!

Unethical!

[/quote]

so what?, it makes the browsing experience so much better

i disabled adblock plus for 5 minutes yesterday and i was annoyed like hell

Unethical!

[/quote]

Is it? I think showing annoying flashy ads is more unethical than blocking them.

Is it? I think showing annoying flashy ads is more unethical than blocking them.

[/quote]

Ditto

Unethical!

[/quote]

I agree, google ads should be under trusted list.

so what?, it makes the browsing experience so much better

i disabled adblock plus for 5 minutes yesterday and i was annoyed like hell

[/quote]

haha lol yeah. i still remember that emoticon ad which kept yelling "o my god, no way"

good to be ad free

haha lol yeah. i still remember that emoticon ad which kept yelling "o my god, no way"

good to be ad free

[/quote]

and it used to scare the #$%# out of me when sometimes my volume used to be full

Google won't use flash ads. Those _are_ annoying, agreed. I think they'll be static images. And besides, how many ads do you see on Google.com.pk anyway? Not many, compared with Google US or UK or any other Google site.