Google Translate Introduces New Languages

Google Translate has just introduced several new languages to their translation service. Adding to their already impressive list which has included difficult languages like Arabic and Chinese for quite some time, they now add to the list the following languages:

* Bulgarian

* Croatian

* Czech

* Danish

* Finnish

* Hindi

* Norwegian

* Polish

* Swedish

Of course we know that the translations any automated service offers aren’t perfect, and in fact, sometimes they’re way “off.” What they do help with though, is getting the general idea of what is being said. We’ve been able to use Google Translate on several occasions to be able to read websites in other languages. Without a translation service, this would not be possible. Another problem with translation services is that a lot of words change depending on the context that they are used, in every language, and at this point translation services aren’t so good at determining context. Google’s service is impressive, just because there are so many languages that they offer, and in all there are 506 different translation combinations.

Google Blogoscoped also points out how the design has been changed a little. They say, “Instead of a single HTML combo box showing the available language pairs, you now get two DHTML combo boxes each containing a language for more free mixing of source and target languages.” In other words, now you pick your starting language and your ending language in separate boxes. There’s also a “detect language” option for when you’re wanting to translate a web page. For example, I decided that I wanted to translate CyberNet News, so I entered in the URL and told Google to detect the language of the page, and then translate it to Finnish. Google detected that it was English, and then had no problem translating it to Finnish.

Source: http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/08/google-translate-introduces-new-languages/

Why not Urdu?

Thanks 4 info

hope 4 urdu to come soon

may b there are no web pages in urdu thts y there iz no urdu

man ur post count iz recently boosted u did it or mods..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks 4 info

hope 4 urdu to come soon

may b there are no web pages in urdu thts y there iz no urdu

[/quote]

it doesn’t depends on how many urdu websites are there , you can also translate english website to english

btw there are not too many websites i hindi too

man ur post count iz recently boosted u did it or mods…
[/quote]

what do you mean by that?

why would mods do that?

Center for Urdu Language Research and Processing Lahore, was working on Urdu. They managed to get Microsoft Office released in Urdu. Hope they help Google add Urdu translations. By they way Google.com is already available in Urdu

By they way Google.com is already available in Urdu
[/quote]

yup i know about but this a diff thing using google translation you can convert every site to urdu

I just translated

Google Translate has just introduced several new languages to their translation service.
[/quote]

to hindi

गूगल ने अभी शुरू अनुवाद करने के लिए कई नए भाषाओं में अनुवाद अपनी सेवा है .
[/quote]

quite funny. It reads "google nay abhi shuru anuwad karnay kay liye kayee nayee bhashao mai anuwad apni sewa hai"

I just translated

to hindi

quite funny. It reads “google nay abhi shuru anuwad karnay kay liye kayee nayee bhashao mai anuwad apni sewa hai”

[/quote]

can you read hindi?

how will I translate english into hindi?

how will I translate english into hindi?
[/quote]

just go to the website (translate.google.com) type the text and choose english in the first drop down box and hindi in the second and click translate

screenshot:

http://i25.tinypic.com/jfc328.jpg

can you read hindi?

[/quote]

yep 80 to 90%

yep 80 to 90%

[/quote]

wah where did you learn it from?

btw the urdu translation would be much better than the hindi one coz hindi is much more hard and complex than urdu

Apart from script, i guess both are same if you substitute Sanskrit in Hindi with their simpler forms used in Urdu. Interestingly, Urdu contains hindi words also. For eg in previous example 'bhasha' and 'anuwad' once replaced with 'zaban' etc. Its urdu.

I visit india time to time due to my roots, and once u recognize their alphabets just a little effort to read billboards and posters can help you read hindi.

wow Saadibrahim you can read hindi.....

it doesn’t depends on how many urdu websites are there , you can also translate english website to english

btw there are not too many websites i hindi too

what do you mean by that?

why would mods do that?

[/quote]

man u hav 35 posts per day

and thts too much

u just came into competition and just bloomed by the doors of ruhaan

and thts too much

[/quote]

hey man both me n saad already said we r not in some sort of “Posts” competition so leave it at that

wow Saadibrahim you can read hindi…
[/quote]

No i cant :)

abdulsami can

and thts too much

[/quote]

i just post what info i have got i don’t just post meaningless stuff just for the sake post counts

@ saad and ruhaan

i was just kidding guys...

keep it up

@ saad and ruhaan

i was just kidding guys…

keep it up

[/quote]

say whatever you want to and then say i was just kidding :confused: