Googld maps mobile?

I have installed google maps version 2.3.1 in my mobile and also used it. The problem is it doesn't show street view of pakistani cities. I hav searched other cities like dubai, cairo etc and it shows labelled streets and main spots. But for pakistani cities lahore islamabad even karachi street view is not aavailable.

Anyone used it or someother software that shows detail map of pakistan.

This is because street level data for Pakistan isn't available (yet) on Google Maps or on Google Earth. Lets hope that in the next update it becomes available. (updates are usually every month)

Street/location data is only limited to the user-uploaded Google MapMaker for now.

If your mobile supports the Garmin Mobile XT software (Windows Mobile, Palm, Nokia, etc.), you can grab the free GPS maps from http://pkmaps.freeforums.org and they'll give you routing with voice navigation for street level data.

c'mon man do you want your google maps to tell you

this is phajja street

this is gamma street

this is dactar nayaz wali gali and blah blah

we dont even have our streets registered properly in our govt records and u want google to get them for you...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

this is phajja street

this is gamma street

this is dactar nayaz wali gali and blah blah

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL… and names like Du Mori Wala Pul. :D

Once Ali Azmat, in an interview, told some weird Punjab’s town’s name. I forget that name. Can anyone else recall it?

we dont even have our streets registered properly in our govt records and u want google to get them for you…
[/quote]

correct in the sense but…

here comes the open source technologies to use. the main function and facility of open source technologies is just that to modify in your own way.

and so these are being used to get Pakistan deeply in roads and streets in the Google Maps

not only with pakistan but Google is not doing on its own with many other countries. these countries are not in there but the local developers are going a great job with Google Maps APIs.

http://naqsha.net/ I hope you would like it.

detail of cities Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi and some others are available there. also other cities are being added. they have also GPS products for your cars

[/quote]

and with more, that these packages are published on the Google Hosted Services to view Globally when google Authorises it. and also these packages are able to be configured with local Maps Softwares and also is usefull for GPS in pakistan.