Good news for everyone ZEROSHeLL

just download a linux shell on my p3 lol to test how these linux shell works ..

i have got two 2 mb adsl ptcl broadband lines and after couple of hours just finally configured the zeroshell server...

i have just bound two 2 mb lines to make a powerful 4 mb link .....

just heared that bonding is only possible in linux although i was previously load balancing my connections on an windows based application which was taking so much cpu usage and zero shell works just great and bond / merge my two links together and since its bonded now i am enjoying the 4 mb link just costing me 4000 Rs and actually works better then the ordinary 4mb provided by the ptcl you can also try downloading the shell on ..

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/

ooh and it also supports EVDO device also ... :D so its good for the people also who are willing to share their EVDO over LAN....

hope you like my post :D

Seems useful.

^ both smoothwall and ebox have bonding support built in and are fairly easy to setup

you are right they are fairly easy to use but just because zeroshell supports evdo devices and many other features which are hard to find and much expensive if taken as a hardware solution..

Hi , I have Few Questions , hope The seniors answers them with details

1 ) What i Understand is , We can Use 2 WAN and make output as i LAN that we can Give The Router / our network to connect . It will make it Functionality as LOAD BALANCER . so am i rite ?

2 ) can it be used as also as Fail over protection , suppose i have two DSL packages . one get off , all my connection and thread will automatically Transfer to 2nd connection without Disconnecting me from Internet . Suppose i am doing and internet call VOIP , skype etc , and one connection get off , is it will work without disconnecting ?

Thanks

bump

I need help

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi , I have Few Questions , hope The seniors answers them with details

1 ) What i Understand is , We can Use 2 WAN and make output as i LAN that we can Give The Router / our network to connect . It will make it Functionality as LOAD BALANCER . so am i rite ?

2 ) can it be used as also as Fail over protection , suppose i have two DSL packages . one get off , all my connection and thread will automatically Transfer to 2nd connection without Disconnecting me from Internet . Suppose i am doing and internet call VOIP , skype etc , and one connection get off , is it will work without disconnecting ?

Thanks

[/quote]

yes it will support the Load Balance and the Fail Safe mode so you dont have to worry about disconnection if both fails then internet will be disconnected …

by using the Default net balancer provided by the Zero Shell Services…

i guess the best way to use it will be by using ZEROSHELL inside "virtual PC"

hmmm seems nice

well there are two things I want to confirm, correct me if im wrong...

1. Using two connections in any way using any software, wont help in reducing latencies e.g. while playing some online game (it would just select the connection with lower latency)

2. If an HTTP file download does not have resume support then you would only get the speed from one connection

am I right ?

yeah what about the speed???

will it get accumulated???

^^ yeah the speed gets accumulated, like if you have two 2mbps connections you will get speed of a 4mbps connection

someone please confirm what I said in the post above

How many connections it could bound at maximum?

Means if i get 2 connections of 4 Mbps then it would accumulate to 8?????

it works with the broadband or evo????

hello alipf2002!

i have downloaded zeroshell release 1.0.beta12.

i'll appreciate if u can tell me that how to bond 2 dsl connections? it would be nice to see step-by-step configuration :D

Thanks