Myelin, Javed Laghari said last night that this digital

library, a service provided by HEC, will cease to exist,

as soon as HEC is devolved.

Sheikh 'Say Goodnight Gracie' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Where is Army?

[Roman Urdu removed]

[/quote]

Ditto. I would rather have a martial law instead of these idiots.

Two words for this decision "Educational Suicide". Although this is highly unlikely to be official BUT there are certainly strong rumours suggesting its impending enforcement. In fact, the government should hang itself even if the idea of such villainous thing comes across their devious minds!

Some **nice** implications of this preposterous decision:

There will be no tenure tracks and the Phd's will run away from government universities. Np Phd will EVER return to Pakistan(and he should NOT be for 40-50k job over here after ending of tenure track). Higher education will almost be non-existent and we will be back to where we started off centuries ago!

Who cares? The idea to focus on higher education when most of the population is illiterate was daft anyway. What you need to do is focus on primary education for the masses.

Who cares? The idea to focus on higher education when most of the population is illiterate was daft anyway. What you need to do is focus on primary education for the masses.
[/quote]

exactly. those with higher education leave the country anyway “brain drain”, thats exactly what govt is doing with doctors, 5000 or so doctors have left the country anyway. its simple when the govt. ain’t gonna create environment to for highly educated workforce to get compensated fairly so they gonna leave anyway and what you got left totally illustrate masses never got quality primary education to start with.

How many more years does this gov. have till the next election?
[/quote]

Do you really think that elections will be the solution. Do you really think they actually got those votes initially.

I hope next elections will create any change, I sincerely hope so, but dont think so.

We do not have any options to go for, no one is credible enough so far to consider voting for in the next elections.

On the other hand, our votes are not of much significance, the 70% population in the villages is what makes the difference. They all will vote for the same old stupid parties like they have before.

^I believe they have never voted before nor they will in future. So, I dont expect a change through elections.

^How many actually have NIC is the real question

^The have NIC or CNIC does not make a difference. Results are manufactured not counted. Thats what I think. Only Dear God knows the exact situation.

Well there was an interview with Imran Khan where it was found that all parties including that o Imran's had bogus votes which were verified at nadra

^Then what happened. Votes bogus, degrees bogus, does it make any difference to the government itself.

Do you really think that elections will be the solution. Do you really think they actually got those votes initially.I hope next elections will create any change, I sincerely hope so, but dont think so.
[/quote]

I don’t expect any over night change…people thinking martial law will make everything good are also deluded…I was just curious about when the next elections would be.

Last elections where held on 18 February 2008. Next, InshaAllah, after 5 years i.e. 2013.

government changes every 4 years and parliament changes every 5 yrs...

^think again.

Government is also the part of parliament.

exactly. those with higher education leave the country anyway “brain drain”, thats exactly what govt is doing with doctors, 5000 or so doctors have left the country anyway. its simple when the govt. ain’t gonna create environment to for highly educated workforce to get compensated fairly so they gonna leave anyway and what you got left totally illustrate masses never got quality primary education to start with.

[/quote]

If primary education is not given the due consideration, it implies that higher education must also be left in dark ages…?? Very stupid implication whatsoever.

Moreover, there never gonna be millions of Phd scholars in population of 19 crore rather scholars are always rare. It will be significantly destructive for small-scale research going on in Pakistan and will surely put a full stop to it.

Two words for this decision “Educational Suicide”.
[/quote]

I think the right term would be genocide! Does this affect them in anyway when their own “puppies” would be going to schools like Aitchison or Lawrence first and then, as rightly put by Sheikh_Chilli, off to Oxford or Cambridge?

exactly. those with higher education leave the country anyway “brain drain”… its simple when the govt. ain’t gonna create environment to for highly educated workforce to get compensated fairly so they gonna leave anyway and what you got left totally illustrate masses never got quality primary education to start with.
[/quote]

----------

According to HEC DG, 95% of those sent for higher

education (PhDs) abroad have returned home and

assigned jobs in academia by the HEC. That’s quite

remarkable, considering the attrition rate in general.

One can argue whether you want highly educated

and skilled people at the top to advise and arrange

academic, technical, economic, health, etc priorities

for the nation, or would you leave that task in the

hands of largely illiterate, inept, and corrupt ?.

That being said, no one can deny the importance of

early education. It needs to be funded on an emer-

gency basis, for sure. But to be fair, HEC budget is

just 0.12% of our GDP. We can chew gum and walk.

Sheikh ‘Hangami BunyadouN Pur’ Chilli