Good antivirus?

Guyz i am using norton anti virus from sometime now but often i feel that it is making my computer a bit slow and i have heard that norton is always heavy on resources so can you people suggest me any good antivirus which works like norton but low on resources

i dont have much experience with antiviruses on windows

but i think avast is good and plus its freee

AVG is also good

I use AVG latest version 8 and it is very good and not much to do for update. Daily even more than once in day update of vires database available.

Search this forum. There was a long discussion about antivirus software some time back.

three top antivirus IMO:

Nod32 Kaspersky And AVG

I have downloaded Kaspersky let see what it does to my computer now :) but what i have notice i am trying to update but the speed is not going more than 10KB :( on my 512K connection

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have downloaded Kaspersky let see what it does to my computer now :) but what i have notice i am trying to update but the speed is not going more than 10KB :( on my 512K connection
[/quote]

most of the antivirus program’s updaters don’t utilize full bandwidth

but i think avast is good and plus its freee
[/quote]

Avast can be good if there is no one virus in your system. If there is any virus, avast can’t clean he will delete the file, and then it will restore the file that he deletes. When u install Avast it will make backup of all files and if your system is infected with viruses and when u install avast it will delete the file.

Nod32 Ftw!

Avast can be good if there is no one virus in your system. If there is any virus, avast can’t clean he will delete the file, and then it will restore the file that he deletes. When u install Avast it will make backup of all files and if your system is infected with viruses and when u install avast it will delete the file.

[/quote]

Avast has option to scan virues at boot time which really work excellent and one can remove virues before actual windows start.

In my opinion "Zone Alarm security suite" which has a firewall and built in "Kaspersky" antivirus engine and it does not slows ur system performance like Norton! :D

for review check this link:

http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-security-and-firewall/zonealarm-internet-security-suite/4505-3667_7-32309439.html

Guys I'm am surprised that nobody mentioned Symantec Anti Virus. It is pretty cool and does not slow down the system at all.

I've used Symantec for 2.5 yrs and recently switched to Avast. Avast I find is better, offers more options, has more updates, and it does seem to be lighter on system resources.

is any of the mentioned anti virus is effective on spywares as well. i used kaspersky but some malawares got their way through. which is most effective antivirus+antispyware

is any of the mentioned anti virus is effective on spywares as well. i used kaspersky but some malawares got their way through. which is most effective antivirus+antispyware
[/quote]

kaspersky internet security

Plz suggest any good software that has abilities of firewal, antivirus and spyware catcher.

Plz suggest any good software that has abilities of firewal, antivirus and spyware catcher.
[/quote]

as suggested by other ppl on the forum kaspersky internet security does the job

though i m not sure if it can act as a firewall

but if u want u can use comodo firewall its a free firewall

firewall is always the main component of all 'internet security' softwares, it has built in firewall, parental controls, registry guard,web/mail antivirus/anti spam etc etc

well the thing about kaspersky is that it is not free and they block all the keys within one week that you usually find on torrent sites so when you update the virus database it doesn't work.

exactly.. either you can use trial reseter or use nod32