Golden globes

As you all might know the golden globes have been planned for today. Is there any channel on cable which is gonna telecast the award ceremony live (Star World etc)?

Star World is Showing it, but their Program Guide is off line wright now. Check after sometime for details:

http://app.indya.com/epg/asp/displaySchedules.asp?ddChannelName=starworld

India's UTV Movies has bagged the exclusive rights to telecast Golden Globe Awards in all the SAARC countries for the next 3 years. Unfortunately, Pakistan is excluded from their list. The reason is this:

http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=utv12238.htm

So, I think we won't be able to see it live here in Pakistan on any South Asian based channel. If your cable TV is airing illegal channels (like BBC Entertainment, M-NET, Super Movies, Cinema City etc), they might show it.

MUMBAI: UTV World Movies has bagged the rights to telecast the Golden Globe Awards for the next three years in SAARC region (excluding Pakistan)

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k9/jan/jan48.php

It was on Star World this morning. I turned on TV around 6:30 and they were on. Slumdog Millionaire bagged 4 awards. Good for the British and Indians.

^..India rocks..

just imagine the boy in the SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE gets the best supporting actor oscar...wowwwwwww!!!!

And what do u think would late HEATH LEDGER would be given oscar?????

^ I would not go as far as saying" India Rocks", But I would admit that at the time when we were crying over stuff like GO Musharaff Go!, they were doing somethings constructively and they are now being rewarded.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ I would not go as far as saying" India Rocks", But I would admit that at the time when we were crying over stuff like GO Musharaff Go!, they were doing somethings constructively and they are now being rewarded.
[/quote]

they didn’t do anything constructive sir… the movie was good as it was made by a british guy… it just happened to be made in india so india may take credit… the acting was crap trust me… it was apparant that everyone was uncomfortable speaking in english… the lead character had really poor acting… the only good acting that i liked was the smallest jamal and saleem… the foreign guyz trying to act indian was not that good

^ I was not taking about the Movie. I was referring to things in general.

another source of pain for pakistanis(indians winning oscars...)!!!:|

^dont worry v r better than india...v hav those things which indians can only dream...examples r dectatorship, loadshedding, corruption at its best...blah blah blah :lol:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

another source of pain for pakistanis(indians winning oscars…)!!!:expressionless:
[/quote]

even if we hate india or not… you cannot justify the travesty aka indian media… a movie that is internationally successful and has something to do with india then it is for sure that foreign hand is involved… if it was an indian director the movie would have been so avg. … and full of songs… all indian movies can do is copy stuff that is it… they have good acting(i will give 'em that) but they lack in everything else and show themselves which can only be termed as “wannabees” … and saying that their acting is good i know that the movie had very ordinary acting… didn’t deserve no awards for acting and rightly so it didn’t get any golden globes for that… it will have a lot less nominations in the oscars … a lot lot less

I agree with you on the #$%# acting note, h4tEbr33d. The first half of that movie was really awesome! I somehow felt that part was partially inspired by City Of God. what say?

Uhh... in case anyone hasn't noticed, we're getting the Middle East feed for Star World (and not the Indian feed).

Do some math on your own, and you'll see why Pakistan got Star World's beam...