GIT : Link LANs together over INTERNET for Network Gameplay

morpheus-logo-a.png

GIT : [GAMER's INTERNET TUNNEL] | Connect LANs together over the Internet for network gameplay |

Gamer's Internet Tunnel (GIT) is a freeware utility provided by morpheous to link LANs together over the Internet for network gameplay by tunneling packets over the internet via UDP, TCP, or even through a socks proxy.

screenshot.png

D E S C R I P T I O N

It can also be used to bridge many configurations of IPX or IPv4 packets and frames from one point to another. Formerlly known as the Gamer's IPX tunnel, GIT now tunnels TCP and UDP ports as well, in order to work with modern games.

gitcfg.png

It is very configurable, allowing only certain frame types, IPX packet types, IPv4 protocols, IPX socket destinations, or TCP/UDP ports to be forwarded.

Unlike many other tunnel programs that send all packets over the internet, GIT is very friendly to low-bandwidth users, by not forwarding NetBIOS or other unneeded sockets by default.

gitadvcfg.png

It can also be used to bridge many configurations of IPX or IPv4 packets and frames from once point to another. Formerlly known as the Gamer's IPX tunnel, GIT now tunnels TCP and UDP ports as well, in order to work with modern games.

New in GIT v0.99 is the configuration wizard, which allows you to answer a few questions to easily set up GIT for a particular program.

• .git files can be run and will start GIT or talk to an existing GIT to display the wizard pages needed for that script.
  • Please note that the Auto Configure button for the scripts will re-use all of the saved settings from the last time you ran that script, so if your IP address or any remote IP addresses have changed, you will need to run through the wizard again instead of using the Auto Configure button.
  • See the file "Wizard Scripts.txt" for information on creating your own scripts. There is also a Save Profile option that will save all your current settings to a wizard script that you can easily restore using the wizard later.
  • The host list can be stored as-in or the profile can create a textbox that will prompt to edit the host list when you run the profile script.
  • GIT puts your ethernet adaptor into promiscuous mode in order to sniff all ethernet packets and analyze which ones are part of your network game traffic.
  • GIT then sends these packets to another instance of GIT running on the opposite LAN, which will receive the packet and broadcast it onto that LAN as if the two were physically connected.

Only one computer in each LAN needs to be running GIT for the entire LANs to be linked together.

You must install winPCAP.jpgbefore installing GIT.

Although GIT also has winPCAP.jpg embedded in its setup file.

D O W N L O A D

DEVELOPER :

morpheus-logo-a.png

free-download-a.png

winPCAP.jpg (must be installed before GIT, Read Instructions first)

F O R U M (Kindly see forum if you find any problem setting it up)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provided by : WasiqJaved@gmail.com

thats nice

Nice find.

Hamachi is a similar software. Free for non-commercial use.

you can also play legacy games... like IPX supported.

I played Cricket 97 Ashes Tour Edition on WAN link with my cousin. In normal game setting, it's not supported.

Just to inform everyone, I tried to use this software on VISTA, but it's giving some sort of error. Anyone got any luck yet?