GFive Bravo G95

Has anyone used this phone GFive Bravo G95?

http://www.whatmobile.com.pk/GFive_Bravo-G95

I am thinking of buying it because it has such a huge screen in such low price and other great features too.

I searched a little bit and looks like this is the same phone as available on Amazon UK. It has some very good reviews there plus some negative ones but positive ones are much larger in number than negative.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-tablet-MTK6575-Cortex-standby/dp/B0081FCY46

Looks like the phone is made by Chinese company DracoTek

http://www.dracotek.com/

I asked one guy here and he said the phone is not good don't buy it. He doesn't own it he just asked his friend who has mobile shop and he said we do not keep this phone on shop as its quality is not great. He didn't go into specifics as to what exactly is wrong with it but just said the phone is bad. May be his friend doesn't have this mobile in shop that's why he was advising against it!?

my friend has a phone jiayu g3 he got it shipped from china and its awesome phone you should get it techman

^ http://jiayug3.com/

It does look nice. Is it available in Pak? Any info on price?

@TechMan It seems to have a single core CPU, but other than that it seems to be better than QM A8, specs-wise. No idea about build-quality. I suggest you check out used mobile markets & check out the phone by yourself & decide whether if it's good enough for you. Otherwise there are numerous options when it comes to Chinese Android phones.

Qmobile Noir A10 also has large screen and its dual core or you can look for its little brother Noir A8.

@Upsilon

no this phone is not available on any online and retail stores in Pak

the phone looks nice, we dont have it but i will ask couple of people for you for advice,

Adnan

For how much?

[quote="phonemart.pk, post:7, topic:18545"]
the phone looks nice, we dont have it but i will ask couple of people for you for advice,

Adnan

[/quote]

Yeah sure please do ask.

Upon further research here is what I came to know. This mobile and jiayu g3 which armada posted (by the way it looks AWESOME! it looks an iphone with its metallic finish) above are based on MT6575 platform. This platform is developed by MediaTek which uses Cortex A9 processor from ARM. Several other companies have made there own platform called System on a chip (SoC) based on this Cortex processor including Samsung. SoC is basically taking CPU and then incorporating it on a chip to make a whole system with GPU and other components and then later anyone can assembled it in a complete phone by adding LCD and other parts.

So basically GFive is just a Pakistani name given to a mobile assembled in China with parts like button, battery, LCD and it incorporates MT6575 platform from a Taiwanese (again Chinese) company MediaTek which it self uses processor from British company ARM. Wow!

he purchased online with $200 plus 30$ shipping charges total $230

he got it after 16 days from the date of order

^ The price makes sense. It definitely looks better than a regular chinese touchscreen phone & it probably has superior build quality aswell.

@Techman But is it single or dual-core? Did you ask that? In any case, personally i wouldn't recommend these chinese phones for long-term usage. If you must go for a chinese phone for long-term usage, go for the one with the best build quality.

Jiayu G3 is dual core and the best mobile in 20K price range with 1GB RAM its a killer available at allmytech

@TechMan

So, did you buy it yet or not, coz i was also kind of getting interested in getting a cheap poor-mans smartphone ;)

Not yet man!

I am more inclined towards a Windows Phone 8 now. I heard they also give Rs. 1 million life insurance when you buy GFive and if that phone is stolen then you get another one at half the price.

[quote=“TechMan, post:14, topic:18545”]

Not yet man!

I am more inclined towards a Windows Phone 8 now. I heard they also give Rs. 1 million life insurance when you buy GFive and if that phone is stolen then you get another one at half the price.

[/quote]

ROFL, its that bad? :P

[quote="TechMan, post:14, topic:18545"]
Not yet man!

[/quote]

BTW bhai, i am also looking at windows 8 phones, keep us all updated here with new midrange ones.

haha no idea!

I haven't seen this one but I have seen another GFive mobile (probably A79) as my colleague brought it in office and it looked really good to me. I will keep you updated on Windows Phone 8 if I find any news.

LOLs! and then what will they start handing out 1canal plots with every G95.
Anyways i just saw a gfive today, one of my friend had it, was some old model(unable to recongnize which) a lot squarer than g95 but the build quality looked good.

Jiayu G3 really looks nice. Armada, how is the build quality and what about the battery times considering it has 2750mAh battery installed.

Asif

Hey Guyz, I saw lots of users of this phone are rushing to sale it after couple of weeks usage..... anyone have idea WHY???? whatch below link and read opinions !!

GFive Brave specs

Jiayu g3 is also offered in Pakistan by allmytech.pk

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2