Getting Learners License

Well I wanted to know how to get learners license, I'm 18 and eligible for it and i'm in Islamabad.

So from where can I get learners license, and what documents etc are required ?

and any other thing one should know when getting learners license

Are you talking about Vehicle Learners License :P

Because for other kind of learning you dont need a license ;)

I once got mine, and then never went for a permanent ... because in Lahore they can Write you a traffic ticket on your NIC, so why bother for the learner or permanent license...

Any way you will be requiring the NIC and its copy and some post office tickects, their value differers as the license type...

about where to get it, i cant say anything may be some one from isb can help, or ask any Traffic Officer ... :D

^^ ty for info

yes im talking about vehicles license

info about Location of their office in Islamabad, and office timings would be really helpful

ITP office is on right side of 9th Avenue opposite capital park when going toward the Margalla hills. Visit between 9AM and 3PM.

TY, that was what I really wanted to know.

Just go there to the office and you'll understand what to do yourself. No need for any kind of documents other than your original NIC. Good luck.

do we have to give test for learner license or not?

No test for learner license, also Tues, Wed and Thursday are usually least loaded days, i.e. lesser wait in queues and thus lesser time in getting it done.

what are the disadvantages of learner license as compared to the other one

I asked my uncle i wan't a learners license, after two days he handed me my learners license and only document he asked for copy of NIC. It was just like asking my uncle i want a candy! :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I asked my uncle i wan’t a learners license, after two days he handed me my learners license and only document he asked for copy of NIC. It was just like asking my uncle i want a candy! :P
[/quote]

Your uncle was there to help you but what about people like me who got no source :expressionless: I waited for my license for over 8 months hmmm…nothing is fair phew

^WTH.........8 months for learner license? :mad:

Your uncle was there to help you but what about people like me who got no source :expressionless: I waited for my license for over 8 months hmmm…nothing is fair phew
[/quote]

You know Pakistani people Love Quaid-e-Azam Very much, so you should give them some snaps of him :D

and you will be having the license in 8 hours :P

There is so much wrong misleading information in this thread...

First, ITP, for the most part, is not like police in other cities. If you try to bribe an ITP officer, you could very well land yourself a ticket for pre-paid visit to a cell and some heavy fines.

Secondly, for a learner's license, you just need to take your NIC (and a few copies, if possible) to them, fill out a form and get the card within minutes. There are no tests for a learner's license.

When you go for the proper license, you will need to give a verbal test followed by an actual driving test. They might get a brief medical examination from you (eye sight, blood group, etc) at that time.

There is so much wrong misleading information in this thread…

First, ITP, for the most part, is not like police in other cities. If you try to bribe an ITP officer, you could very well land yourself a ticket for pre-paid visit to a cell and some heavy fines.

[/quote]

May be ITP people are angels… :P

but dvbox lives in Abbottabad, so the angels have no access there.

so there is no misleading info or is it?? :D

The OP is in Islamabad. Stick to the procedure in Islamabad.

I am about to go to their office in few minutes. Will let you people know about my experience when I come back.

Ok so I got near ITP offices at almost 9:30, kept following the boards but still took me about 15 mins to finally get to the ITP office, due to ways blocked(security reasons)

The system was quite organized there, but it could have been better. All I needed was my CNIC and 1 photocopy of it. Getting a learners license costs 190rs.

It took me about 20 mins to get my learners license, 15 mins waiting for my turn to come, and 5 minutes in the registration process.

and yeah i did not had to fill any forms.

now, I have to wait for 42 days and then I will be eligible for Permanent Driving License

^congratulations

i hav one question..how much validity this learner licenese have n can v extend or reapply for the learner license??

You don't really have to wait for 42 days, you can go in a week and give your exam right away, no money will be charged if you fail exam and appear next day.

But please do learn for the exam, and if you fail, chances are you did fail the exam. The traffic officers also get annoyed if you go unprepared, do not provoke or annoy them. They go through a lot of #$%# every day.