Getting f**king speed on DSL

I have a 1mbps connection and previously i used to get 105KB/s and now I get about 36-40KB/s, what's the problem, I have tried calling 1218 but they don't take any serious action

same here i can hardly browse !!!

Check ur phone line.....

many members are reporting issue, i am facing it as well, i thing it is something with PTCL , itself ........ i am close to exchange but from last 1 week speed is pathetic,,, getting round about 60KBps on 1M connection

Same here, it started about 2 months ago for me. Has anyone tried switching to bridge mode?My problem was solved but for the last 2 weeks I m getting slow speed even in bridge mode after 7 pm.

i think ptcl has got too much subscribers for 1mbps package, so it's getting slow

PTCL Down .. Wateen stil Rocking .

515916146.png

I get 30kB/s max when downloading via Rapidshare or utorrent. I applied the portforward to utorrent and now the speed sometimes goes up to 40-50kB/s on utorrent.

What can I do to get the max speed? Oh and on speedtest I get almost 1mb and browsing is also good, just not getting speeds on download :(

Huawei%20Modem%20Statshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Trekker56/Huawei.jpg

utorrent%20speedhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Trekker56/Torrent.jpg

^dude the problem with you is about seeder just look at the seeders there are total of 3000 seeders from which active are only 3 this is the point dude the download does not depend on the number of seeders but on the active number of seeders more are active the more speed you get look like you are new to torrents and by the way your connection is great the snr margin and attenuation is just perfect dude i hope you got the point..

i have recently got a new onu line and u can see my stats in stats thread browsing is really f***d up so the downloading sometime speed got stable but again problem started to appear and after seeing that much complain im sure it is on the PTCL end. may main line is cut again like other previous times.

^lol

In Islamabad line cut problem also exists. That means I should not complaint in Jhelum if such things happening in Islamabad.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^dude the problem with you is about seeder just look at the seeders there are total of 3000 seeders from which active are only 3 this is the point dude the download does not depend on the number of seeders but on the active number of seeders more are active the more speed you get look like you are new to torrents and by the way your connection is great the snr margin and attenuation is just perfect dude i hope you got the point…
[/quote]

I know about the seeders, but the problem is even if the seeders are in the hundreds, I still don’t go upto 100kB/s as I should, but the max I get is 40-45 kB/s.

And what about Rapidshare? Is there some sort of cap that PTCl has put on its downloading?

The only reason I shifted from 512k Worldcall was coz for the same price I was getting 1mbps from PTCL. But now I am regretting my decision if this is the max speed I will get.

^run a speed test and check your speed

yeah Run a Speed test

http://speedtest.wateen.net/

541087661.png

Huawei%20Modem%20Statshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Trekker56/Huawei.jpg

[/quote]

dude this screen shot shows that tou have a 4mbps connection so do yu really have 4 mbps connection???

check the rate tab in the modem status.

it shows down speed of 4093 and upload of 1020

541087661.png
[/quote]

and the speed test shows that you have a 1 mbps connection and the rates are just fine

The port speed shouldn't always be considered as the ultimate speed. The 4MB could be because of Smart TV as well.

but he didn't mentioned he had smart tv

1 Mbps Result of Speed Test if Fine. it doesn't matter he had smart tv or not. Problem is how they are showing 2 Entirely Different things.

1. 4096 Kbps On Modem :o

2. 1024 Kbps On Speed Test :o

Awww.. PTCL USER ... :P Check your phone line...

OR SImply switch to wateen... WE CONNECT ;)

541620651.png