Getting Domain, Creating Blog - Suggestions!

AOA Everyone;

I am planning to make a blog site of my own. Since, It would be my first one, therefore I really need suggestions n advice in this regard to successfully launch n run the blog.

Though earning through blog is not number 1 on my list, but I would not mind earning few bucks in process. That is why I have decided to purchase a .com domain.

Now, I have two routes to purchase a domain, either I buy it through to someone from my city dealing in websites or I buy it online.

If I buy it locally, is there anything special that I should keep in mind n should check about ? and If I buy it online, which site would you recommend me to buy domain address from? Should I use pre-paid UBL visa card or open an account in UBL permanently (for later use)? Should I make payment for single year or more?

Another thing that confuses me and I want to ask about is, will I need to keep paying for my domain address, every year and forever or will this end at some point.. after 5 or 10 years ?

Should I also purchase hosting along with domain ? Do I need it while I use wordpress for blogging? and is wordPress a fine option for a person like me, who is not so good at languages?

Once the Blog is up and running, which Site would you suggest me to go for ads, adsense or something else? Which earning method to choose? especially, Tips for payment routes and its procedure for a Pakistani.

Thats a whole lot of Questions all together. But, I really need answers to them, since there are not much help on these topics available on net from a Pakistani perspective.

mmm.. and If there is anything that I have not asked about, which you think anyone in my position should know about, then please tell it..

regards,

arif.

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2006/02/14/blogging-for-beginners-2/ This answers most of your questions.

Buy the domain and hosting online of course. You can safely use dreamhost.com as they're one of the most popular hosts.

For monetizing, start with AdSense as it's the easiest to setup and you'll get started in no time. They have Western Union as one of their payment methods which suits Pakistanis the most.

Good luck with your blog.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2006/02/14/blogging-for-beginners-2/ This answers most of your questions.

Buy the domain and hosting online of course. You can safely use dreamhost.com as they’re one of the most popular hosts.

For monetizing, start with AdSense as it’s the easiest to setup and you’ll get started in no time. They have Western Union as one of their payment methods which suits Pakistanis the most.

Good luck with your blog.

[/quote]

It was not enough, but aleast someone answered. Thanks a lot for that, specter.

4 DAYS, I have googled a lot, and I think I know a lot more than before, but still not all. But whatever I have, I will try to share with others, sooner than later…

Even though, I have come to know about some good alternatives like wordpress domain mapping, Good cheap but limited hosting for 1.00-1.99 /month and free trial hosting, but i have decided to go for good paid unlimited hosting. Both Dreamhost and Bluehost seem good with few pros n cons.

Bluehost has far better user reputation and is giving hosting for almost 75$ per year (using coupons can you one can get it for almost 35$/year for first 2-3 years). Dreamhost is giving it for 120$ /year, but alot of their users say they are facing a lot of outages since last 1 year. Moreover Dreamhost users feel that Dreamhost is lot more strict in their actions and policies and often blocks sites even without warnings. Apart from that they are almost same as both have unlimited plans, almost every unlimited.

But what attracts me most to dreamhost are their promo coupons. Bluehost is offering only 1 free domain with their package, where as if i am not wrong, Dreamhost is offering upto 4 or 5 free domains for life (on use of special coupon codes) with their packages. That saves almost 40-50$ a year. They currently are also special package of labor day, under which they are offer first year full hosting and domain for just 10$. Which mean they are giving discount of around 110$ (but just for first year, after that you either pay 120$ /year OR you move some where else! :confused: )

I have opened account in UBL, and will get visa card in few days. Once I get it, I will decide with whom to go with…

PS Specter: Do you also use dreamhost as your hosting solution? What are your experiences? Tell me your id over there. Maybe, I will put your id over there as a referrer, so that you can earn some rewards through it… and dear thanks for the good luck. I guess, I need it. :)

regards,

arif.