Today was the last date for filing Returns with FBR. I wonder how many of you guys have filed it?
Anyways through the course of filing this return i learned so many things about Withholding Tax or Advance Income Tax.
We can get following of our money back from Government if we file Returns:
- 10% withholding Tax on Mobile Recharges
- withholding Tax deducted on Telephone Bill
- income Tax deducted on Electricity Bill
- withholding Tax deducted by Bank on Transactions above 25K
- withholding Tax deducted on Domestic Air Tickets
- Income Tax paid with Motor Vehicle Tax
- Income Tax paid on Motor vehicle purchase
- Income Tax paid on any Import of Gadgets
there could be more, but thats what i've learned so far.
I know most of above might not apply to you if things are not registered under your name , but i believe some of it can be claimed like mobile phone recharges.
It is not necessary to have an income in order to File Return. You just need an NTN number which you can get if your older than 18 Years.