Geo Super warns cable operators over WC telecast

KARACHI: Geo Super has the telecast rights for the matches of the Cricket World Cup 2011 and it has warned the cable operators not to show these matches on other tv channels.

Full Story

there are many int'l channels who have the rights and will telecast world cup series

Watching cricket on GEO super is really painful.After every delivery there will be a commercial :D

^ well said Koder its ture it will be world cup of advertisements

there was a bidding for the telecast rights who ever wins with higher bidding will have the every right to show the WC in Pakistan but the problem is in Pakistan no one cares about the copyright or for the rights of telecast thats why we dont have any company or foreign inverters in DTH

Yar...stupid GEO & stupid GEO SUPER... Ads every other ball. Retards

i hope my cable operator has a secondary channel for CWC

^^^

good days are gone. The way geo super is telecasting cricket i guess soon we will only have one or two balls to view in an over and rest are commercials or may be we only get score at the bottom with commercials in the background, haha! what a f****** channel. World cup is for commercials and marketing purpose when specially its here in subcontinent. Geo super here and star in india ensured since the last year that no one other than their channels broadcast world cup leaving people with no option and my above prediction can apply too in that case. Geo super even tried to disallow Ptv our national channel from broadcasting world cup which is seriously not fair. Each and every national channel has this exclusive right to broadcast international events. I guess geo super is going mad and seriously it sucks big time.

I don't really understand why they have to pepper their telecasts with so many advertisements...

Can't they just increase the prices for their advertisement slots instead of increasing the number of advertisements?

That will ensure they make their money as well as give good coverage. It's not like they will have any problems selling a cricket match in cricket crazy country like Pakistan.

I will watch online :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I don’t really understand why they have to pepper their telecasts with so many advertisements…

Can’t they just increase the prices for their advertisement slots instead of increasing the number of advertisements?

[/quote]

My dear, they will do both. :).

I will watch online :)
[/quote]

Do you know any good site to watch the world cup online?

^ I've been utilizing http://crictime.com/ to watch cricket in office for a while now...quality sucks but its pretty reliable.

I would obviously prefer some other channel if supplied than Geo Super cuz of painfully long advertisements on geo super. btw Geo super sucks anywaiz, they did'nt even aired the warm-up matches. Shame on Geo Super.

my dishTV is the best... i will watch on star cricket... yahooooooooooo

btw Geo super sucks anywaiz, they did’nt even aired the warm-up matches. Shame on Geo Super.
[/quote]

I think they showed the ones that were covered…and I believe only the warm up matches involving India are being covered…all others are not.

@iconsourcing

agree with u there 100% my friend.

@firestorm

Yup u r right there. Warm up matches being played by india were supposed to be covered as its an exclusive espnstar coverage not geo super. So no other country served except which played with india incidentally which were Aussies and Kiwis. However its hilarious that geo super said that they contracted for only those two matches, u gotta be kiddin me seriously. Why u r not telling the truth and of course why would u cauz u are saying that watch world cup exclusively on our channel, fair enough. Anyways bottomline is that geo super is just concerned with money making and like i said earlier soon we gonna see only commercials and score at the bottom like today's warm up match scorecard of Pakistan. I will watch on hotbird or internet streaming cauz I wanna live longer and keep sane.