Gamer/Member Game Reviews

^ Brilliant review

AMLnB.gif

@Upsilon Nice Review.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you guys. :wub:

@jDk You've probably played the original Bioshock & it's sequel. How are those games compared to BioInf? Particularly the story. Should i play them?

Why didn't you play them first before playing Infinite :unsure: ? Man, you just missed on that "Jaw dropping" feeling when :

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

When Elizabeth unlocks complete control over her powers after the destruction of the Siphon by SongBird. Right when Songbird was about to attack them, she transports them to Rapture. At that moment, my JAW literally dropped at that Homage to Rapture. There are so many things you completely missed due to not playing the previous BioShock games. I'd very highly recommend that you play both previous BioShock games (though 2 can be skipped, as it wasn't developed by Irrational studio nor Ken Levine was involved with it in any way, but still BS2 is a good game nonetheless. After playing BioShock 1, playing infinite again, and prepare for the true revelation.

That's why I said to prepare yourself for a truly mind #$%# experience, but I'm afraid you spoiled it by not playing previous parts. In my books, this game is above 10/10. If you listen to each and every single voxphone recording, the majority of the background story's mysteries are laid bare in front of you. Especially the ending and the tears are explained in great detail in those recordings.

Don't just stand there and get yourself a copy of BioShock 1. I had aa extra giftable copy of BioShock 1 with me since I pre-ordered Infinite on steam. Had I known you hadn't played it yet, I would've given it to you ;).

[/quote]

Did you watch till the very end of credits ? Now that's some amazing work those two did. Fantastic job :wub:

where is the review i clicked back all pages and didn't see it

[quote=“jDk, post:144, topic:7438”]

Why didn’t you play them first before playing Infinite :unsure: ? Man, you just missed on that “Jaw dropping” feeling when :

When Elizabeth unlocks complete control over her powers after the destruction of the Siphon by SongBird. Right when Songbird was about to attack them, she transports them to Rapture. At that moment, my JAW literally dropped at that Homage to Rapture. There are so many things you completely missed due to not playing the previous BioShock games. I'd very highly recommend that you play both previous BioShock games (though 2 can be skipped, as it wasn't developed by Irrational studio nor Ken Levine was involved with it in any way, but still BS2 is a good game nonetheless. After playing BioShock 1, playing infinite again, and prepare for the true revelation.

That's why I said to prepare yourself for a truly mind #$%# experience, but I'm afraid you spoiled it by not playing previous parts. In my books, this game is above 10/10. If you listen to each and every single voxphone recording, the majority of the background story's mysteries are laid bare in front of you. Especially the ending and the tears are explained in great detail in those recordings.

Don't just stand there and get yourself a copy of BioShock 1. I had aa extra giftable copy of BioShock 1 with me since I pre-ordered Infinite on steam. Had I known you hadn't played it yet, I would've given it to you ;).

[/quote]

Did you watch till the very end of credits ? Now that's some amazing work those two did. Fantastic job :wub:

Well, i knew that it was neither a sequel nor a prequel to the previous Bioshock games (storywise), that's why i decided to play BioInf directly. And I'd say i made the right call as the game is rather friendly with it's story-telling. I didn't felt confused or anything about any of it's scenarios. Still, now that I've played & loved it, I'm gonna go ahead & play the previous two. As for playing this one again after that, I'm definitely gonna do that anyway, cause this game is just too sweet & memorable.

BTW thanks for the info. And yes, i did saw the 'cutscene' after the credits.

@armada

Prototype 2
h7x1.jpg

Genre: Sci-Fiction,Action-Adventure.

Platform: Windows, Xbox 360, PS3.

Presentation: 7/10

The visuals are not something of extra ordinary viewing. Average presentation on overall. The best thing is it doesn't take much time to load and save and any other thing when you play with menus.

Main Character: 9/10

The main character which was previously Alex Mercer has now changed to the villain. And a new character is introduced to play with, Sergeant James Heller, who is definitely better looking hero than Alex Mercer. And also style is of crucial importance in any game this guy has it all. Devastator abitlities make this guy just awesome.

Graphics: 8/10

Finally good graphics in prototype, graphics worth seeing. The game environment is great. The open world features great sights and more of a realistic world.

Sound: 7/10

Well i'm a little bit disappointed by the audio. It felt little un-synchronised with situations throughout the gameplay. But heller has got great voice, its deep.

Gameplay: 9/10

The gameplay is the main attraction in prototype, the way we can handle our character, his abilities, maneuverability, the keys control, Shapeshiftings and new missions every thing seems near perfect. The intoduction of new side missions like blackwatch missions and lairs etc, creates an extra thrill in the game. while the upgraded hammerfist, whipfist and abilities like these make it more fun to play. x-bombs! o i love them! I just miss one thing body armor thing from previous part.

Lasting Appeal:

Lasting appeal for this game may be different for different users. I would like to play it 2 or three times, but i bet you'll not lose interest in the stroyline as it proceeds as there is nothing to be bored about, ooooooo you'll love the voilence and gore! B) But difficulty levels matter, as the game proceeds instead of find it hard to play, the game get easier to play. This is the main factor which makes the player make it feel like if he is going to loose interest in the game.

Final Words:

Prototype 2 is worth your time. You'll love playing it, its simple.

Game: Gone Home

Genre: Adventure/Indie

System: [Windows], Mac, Linux

SCORES:

Presentation:

7.5/10 The presentation is simple but effective. The way the story opens up is well done and helps build interest.

Graphics:

8/10 The graphics are pretty neat for an Indie game. The whole game takes place inside a large house, and there's plenty of detail put into most of the surroundings of the place.

Sound:

7.5/10 A soft tune is played throughout your exploration of the house. That and the loud sound of the thunderstorm happening outside. It works fine, but i would rather have it the other way around...

Story:

7/10 It's about a love story... I won't spoil it anymore for you, just play the game for the story.

It's a lesbian love story... My biggest gripe here is that almost everyone who played it said they loved it because it was different. I can understand people liking it because it's different than a traditional straight love story. But at the same time i wonder, if instead of that, it had been a gay love story, then a lot of people would've bashed it. So this goes to show that people didn't actually like the love story, they liked the 'lesbianism' in it...

[/quote]

Gameplay:

7.5/10 Gameplay is simple but suitable for this type of game. You go around exploring your house, while turning on the lights. You find notes and letters and other stuff to read which help you build the story and find out what happened. There aren't any puzzles in the game (other than a few lockers whose numbers you have to find in said notes in order to unlock them). The only optional objectives are some cassete tapes, you find them and play them in casette players. They're the only other music you hear in the game.

Lasting Appeal:

5/10 The game isn't very long. It's about 2 hours in lenghth which is too small for any kind of game. But since this is an indie game, and the game is more like a interactive novel than a adventure game, makes it acceptable. But once you've finished the game, there isn't much left to do other than find any notes or letters you've missed.

OVERALL: 7.3/10

Final Words: It's a good, short indie game to play if you want to play something different than your usual AAA games. It's not as good as they (the professional reviewers) say, but it's not bad either. Worth a play.

Game: The Dark Eye: Demonicon
Genre: RPG
System: [Windows], Xbox360, PS3
SCORES:
Presentation:
7/10 It's a mid-budget game. The presentation is decent for it's category. Think of it like a toned-down Dragon Age 2.
Graphics:
6.5/10 The graphics are mediocre with a few finer things in between. The CGI cutscenes (few of them) are decent. Character models aren't too bad either. Environments are bland though. Overall okayish.
Sound:
6.5/10 The title music is kinda good, resembles Dragon Age. In-game music is nothing memorable. Voice acting is below average for the most part. Only the main characters are passable.
Story:
7.5/10 It starts of as a forbidden romance story and takes different route later on. It's about evil rituals and stuff and the protagonist and his family being used for it. Overall a decent story, it opens up slowly as you progress through the game.
Gameplay:
6.5/10 Gameplay is kind of generic with a few custom touches to it. I'd say it's somewhat similar to Dragon Age 2 with less side-stories to it. There's the usual quests & combats. Combat is action-oriented, not turn-based. There's dialog trees & your replies do affect the things taking place inside the game, more or less. None of the choices affect the pre-defined endings though (there's only two of them, and if you've mastered your intimidation skills then you can select either one of them at the end).
Lasting Appeal:
6.5/10 The game is long enough, though it does get draggy half-way into the game. You find yourself doing tedious & repetitive things often. You can tell that it's filler-content to drag the length of the game, though something interesting does happen every once in a while. The game can also be replayed a second time to select some of the opposite choices, and joining the opposite faction (there are two factions in the game and you have to join one of them, though you can keep choosing the different one throughout, they'll complain about it but you can use intimidation skills to make them give you another chance until the end when you have to finally choose one of them as the winner faction). Though as i mentioned before, the endings won't be affected by them.
OVERALL: 6.7/10
Final Words: It's a decent story-driven RPG. Nothing is completely bad about the game, though there's room for improvement in just about every area. The unusually starting story gives a fresh vibe to it. There's some interesting characters in it. If you liked Dragon Age 2 then you're more likely to like this as well as long as you keep the limited budget of the game in mind.
Recommended to RPG lovers!

NOTE: In the beginning of the game, there's some controversial content about forbidden-romance/incest which might make some players uncomfortable, but

if the game being fictional isn't enough to make it not bother you, then let me tell you that it turns out later in the game that it wasn't actually incest at all. Play the game for the whole story.[/quote]

[quote=“Upsilon, post:8, topic:7438”]

^ Hmm... i had played The Longest Journey 1 in 2004-05, the story was worth appreciating. except that, the graphics, gameplay, etc was not so good, but was fine for a year 2002 game.

I might play Dreamfall sometime in the near future.

[/quote]

A new dreamfall is up in works.

I would bundle 2 games for the ease of understanding.

1. Metro 2033
  2. Metro"Last Light (2013 sequel)

Genre: Survival Horror
System: [Windows], Xbox360, PS3
SCORING
Presentation:
Metro 2033= 8/10 Although the game is now 3-4 years old, it is still one great looking game. Please play this one before the Last light to truly appreciate both. The environments are ABSOLUTELY superb. Every detail is made to feel more authentic and different.
Metro last Light 8.9/10 :It improves on Metro 2033 in amazing manner and adds new means to make it even more beautiful. From ruins to water lakes and THAT subway mission!!!
Graphics:
Metro 2033= 8/10. Still looks prety amazing! it was a feat to run the game it still is.
Metro last Light 10/10: One of the most BEAUTIFUL games to be relased so far. Its very high graphics demanding and very very beautiful! Those who love high-end pretty graphics, go pick that beast up.( as for reference, my 4th generation Core i5 with 8 gb ram and 1 gb GDDR5 barely ran on medium settings.)
Sound:
9/10 both series have amazing sound quality, the howling of those beasts and the scratchy sounds of those scorpions can make you wet your pants!!
Story:9/10
Very complex story about human emotions and horror of a post apoclyptic moscow. That is filled with ghosts, aliens and haunting dreams of past!
Gameplay:
Metro 2033: 8/10 very innovative gameplay mechanis. You cannot run in open air without masks. Its very radio acive there. VERY hard if played on hard mode. You would feel relaxed when human enemies come for you because they drop ammo when they die. When you go into wild , there's nothng to be found except some corners of ammo crates. Those beasts dont die with a single bullet and they dont drop any ammo. So if you try to kill them all, you wont have any ammo left out in open.
Lasting Appeal:
Although both games are not open world, they have solid enjoyment time as you play. Have very little replayablity value. Otherwise a blast to play if you want tough and very atmospheric survival horror.
OVERALL:
Metro 2033: 8.9/10
Metro Las Light: 9.3/10
Final Words: We all know that horror games are now becoming very action oriented and very less spooky (resident evil 6 and dead space 3 were not scary). These both games are amazing in atmosphere. MUST PLAY with headphones.
as a final word, picture this scenario :
You have ride via a mini train (one with handle to move on tracks) in broken old subway tracks.On the way, you see a door which can be opened into a hall. The hall contains a 6 barrel shotgun(very useful) and ammo in it. The main issue is that the hall is filled with scorpions bigger than a dog! They dont die easily . So you cant kill them all. No matter what you do. Only way is thay are afraid of light. You have keep charging flashlight and turn on your lighter and keep the beam posted at those scorpions . they would run away for a moment but try to attack from behind. Very tense moment and its totally optional. I hope i did justice with those games.

Game: Watch Dogs
Genre: Action-Adventure
System: [PC], Xbox360, PS3, XboxOne, PS4, Wii U
SCORES:
Presentation:
7.5/10 The presentation is fine in general. They've tried to imitate a 'buffering' look for the menus which actually ends up looking like as if the game is experiencing graphical glitches or they're some kind of driver issues. That thing is also apparent in some of the 'memory' cutscenes which is kind of annoying.
Graphics:
8.0/10 (vanilla) / 8.5/10 (modded) The vanilla game looks pretty good itself, but the real deal starts when you install the "e3 mod" and perhaps a few additional mods from nexus mods which makes some notable improvements to the graphics. Ubisoft seems to have put a lot of time into building the city as the imitation of Chicago is rather impressive. There's a appraise worthy amount of detail put into it and it really looks like a virtual representation of the city. The overall animations also seem to be on the better side as you find people doing their stuff as you roam around the different areas of the city. You find people indulging themselves in various activities of their own and all that makes things more interesting.
Sound:
7.0/10 The game seems to be performing rather average here, there's nothing memorable about it. I just finished the game and can't seem to the remember the theme music, so there you have it. The radio stations are mediocre as well, nothing really good to listen to & there's no option to play our own music unlike GTA games for PC. The voice acting seems to be decent though but that's kind of expectable from a game with such a huge budget anyway.
Story:
7.5/10 Hmm... It's a revenge story, but there's not a whole lot of interest in it. The main character is bland as hell which doesn't help the story in anyway. There's some emotional stuff here and there which is kinda good but the majority of cookie-cutter missions don't let you get all that much interested into the plot. None of the characters make an impression on you. Still, the story is better than... say any saints row game... Not sure if that means much but you get the point. Some of the emotional cut-scenes with the protagonist and his sister are rather well made though, so I'm appreciating it specifically.
Gameplay:
6/10 The gameplay is rather disappointing IMO. As mentioned before, the majority of missions are rather uninteresting, that also applies to side-missions (there are a lot of side-missions, but most of them are the typical Ubisoft kind where you're doing the same thing again and again). The shooting is annoying, the gun shaking is meant to look realistic or something but actually ends up ruining your experience. The driving is also poor, they've actually managed to make worse driving than the Saints Row games. The cars have no physics to them at all. Turning and Speeding is generic at best, there's no fun in it. The AI is unrealistically good, the cops/fixers are always circling you in chases, it is annoyingly hard to lose them at higher levels. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the AI being good, I'm complaining about it being unreal, it has never been a big deal to make the AI hard, the thing is to make it believable, and that isn't being achieved here.
Talking about the Hacking aspects of the game, well hacking is fun for a while but then it loses it's charm. You can hack into people's bank accounts, listen/spy on their conversations/chats, stuff like that, some of it is interesting, other not so much. Some of the devices are pretty cool though, I in particularly love the BlackOut device. It does what it says and well, that looks pretty awesome.
Lasting Appeal:
8.0/10 Lengthwise, the campaign is pretty decent, lasts about the same as your typical Assassin's Creed game, and just like that you have the Ubisoft kind of huge set of repetitive side-activities to do, if you're into that than this game should last you a pretty long time.
Final Words: It isn't no GTA alternative to be honest but it is definitely a decent game for any Sandbox fan. I'm expecting Ubisoft to fix the issues I've mentioned in upcoming batch of it's imminent sequels.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:152, topic:7438”]

Game: Watch Dogs
Genre: Action-Adventure
System: [PC], Xbox360, PS3, XboxOne, PS4, Wii U
Final Words: It isn't no GTA alternative to be honest but it is definitely a decent game for any Sandbox fan. I'm expecting Ubisoft to fix the issues I've mentioned in upcoming batch of it's imminent sequels.

[/quote]

Completely agree, one moment its easy as ducks . The final levels go extra crazy difficult:

Pro Tip: Maximize the heicopter disability hack. Use it when riding a boat. Escape easily.

Audio wise, The songs were amazing specially the Invincible song.

Playing with gamepad would surely increase the immersion due to vibration etc.

Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Genre: ARPG

System: [PC], PS4, XBOXONE

SCORES:

Presentation:

9/10 Presentation is top-notch. Everything from menu dynamics to story presentation & cutscene quantums are all high class & pure grade stuff.

Graphics:

9/10 The graphics are rich. Everything is highly detailed. Textures are crisp. Animations fluid. Special effects attractive. My only gripes here are with the art-style. It looks great but it's oversaturated. Too gloomy. This kind of art-style belongs with games like Fable. Witcher has always been dark and mysterious. It was like that in the previous Witcher games... in fact it was like that in Witcher 3 initially (go watch original E3 footage), but then unfortunately the game went through some redesigning and downgrades, along which came the art-style change. But that small issue aside, the game still looks gorgeous and very explorable.

Sound:

9.5/10 The OST of Witcher 3 is close to phenomenal. Absolutely absorbing and memorable. Something truly dynamic and deserving of critical acclaim. It's just too brilliant. Best of all, it blends well with the story, as if they sync. CDPR has really outdid themselves here. Witcher 2 had exceptional music itself, but this takes it a step above. Really amazing & mesmerizing stuff. That aside, the dialogues and sound effect are top notch as well. Every single voice actor has done a fantastic job at their lines. Really put effort into bringing emotions & depth into the quotes. No complaints whatsoever. This is as good as it gets.

Story:

9/10 The strongpoint of Witcher series has always been it's glorious stories, and that has remained it's top perk. It's emotional, gripping, conjectural yet rewarding. Unlike the predecessor that focused on Thrones, this targets Bonds, and that makes it that much more identifiable. Simply put, it's about a man that would do anything to protect those he loves. There's a lot of other matters involved which must be addressed before doing so. In the game you'll face everything. Action, joy, tragedy, love & redemption. All at it's peak. My only gripes here are with it's disconnection with Witcher 2. It's like the choices i made in that game have little to no effect on this game. I understand they made it this way to make it less complicated for the newcomers (mainly console peasants), but as a PC gamer who has followed this series since the beginning, i felt nothing but dissapointment in this regard. Still, at least they haven't cut out any important characters from the series, and the beloved redhead is available for pursue, even though the game goes out of it's way to push the other one your way. That aside, the characters are well-written. Everyone remains their distinctive identities throughout. Ciri is a brilliant entry into the series. Although it remains to be seen which characters will remain relevant in future entries of the franchise.

Gameplay:

8.5/10 Gameplay is similar to Witcher 2 except in a open-world. There are some Mass Effect 2 inspired quicktime events as well. Combat has been much improved over previous games, it's much more action-oriented now. Diolog choices are there as usual, which affect some outcomes in the story. Unlike the 2nd game, there are not 2 story paths to choose from, just one. There are two main romances though (more if you count one-night stands). There are 3 endings (36 total endings if you count small variations in-between). The 2 main positive endings are both satisfying (although i recommend the Witcher one). These things aside, the gameplay largely remains similar to Witcher 2, which is perhaps not the best, but nothing to complain about either. It's great on it's own right, just lacking some diversity and sandbox aspects.

One thing that particularly bugged me throughout the game were the bugs (pun intended). I started the game with Patch 1.07 & midway upgraded to 1.08 but even with these new patches i periodically encountered issues like getting stuck in objects. GPS malfunctions. Quest failing without reason. Quest stuck updating until restart. Occasional texture flickering. But these periodic issues aside, i had a smooth playthough.

One thing I'd like to applaud CDPR for is the optimization. The game looks phenomenal but still runs relatively well on the usual gaming PCs. Unlike some recent games that demand overthetop hardware & still manage to run like crap & look inferior.

Lasting Appeal:

9/10 The campaign is pretty long. Took me weeks to end it. There's tons of side-quests to do if you're interested. Some of the side-quests affect the ending, others are just there to gain experience or add playability to the game. Some are hilarious, other the usual kind. All in all it'll last you a long time, but once you do finish it, you might not want to play it again right away as there's only one story path, but give it some time, and you'll find fun playing it again with some of the meaningful alternative dialog choices.

OVERALL: 9.3/10

Final Words:

It's a brilliant game, with a brilliant protagonist, memorable characters, astonishing graphics, incredible music, and entertaning gameplay. It's the most ambitious game CDPR has ever made & it has made it's mark on the top of the genre. If you truly love videogames, then you owe yourself to play the complete Witcher series.

Goodbye Geralt, it was amazing to encounter your journey...

^ Oh c'mon, I'm receiving likes on s*** i don't care about, but not one like on something i put time and effort into writing? Ugh! <_<

^^^ great review man, i heard a lot about Witchers series games, i don't play games anymore just some which run on the pc i use do for me now....... like far cry 3.

i am a fan of far cry series, maybe you should review it and i will love to read your through review.

maybe you can review the newer one far cry 4, which might motivate me to go to market and buy a graphic card for my system, which is pending for three years now since i bought my core i5 second generation machine :P

^^ Liked :P

@kamrani dont like witcher type games which are slow and too many spells and crafts to build. neither do i like far cry new take on the game, with all the hunting to build skills.

Farcry 2 was THE BEST one ..Far cry 3 is slow.

Far cry 4, however is quite unique, with a very strange and involving opening sequence. and only halfway through the game you realize WTF is going on and why are you important..

Graphics for 4 are absolutely amazing and huge... HUUUUUUUUGEEEE.. vast environments..variety of wild life., and despite such heavy level of detail, the game actually runs very smooth even on medium rigs. ..plus there are tons of "Maan behn ki Gaalian in hindi" so you may also like that.. :D

even hunting for crafts, and skills are easier and less stupid to understand as they are divided into 3 main groups.. so more involving.. also the predator system and tagging with zoom makes it easier than aimlessly random wandering to find a shark as in 3..

i havent completed the game, only half way through yet.. and despite not liking such types, this one is much better that 3. and definatly deserves a graphics card upgrade.

[quote=“MrKamran, post:156, topic:7438”]

^^^ great review man, i heard a lot about Witchers series games, i don’t play games anymore just some which run on the pc i use do for me now… like far cry 3.

i am a fan of far cry series, maybe you should review it and i will love to read your through review.

maybe you can review the newer one far cry 4, which might motivate me to go to market and buy a graphic card for my system, which is pending for three years now since i bought my core i5 second generation machine :P

[/quote]

Far Cry 3 was good but i didn’t like the protagonist, he was a p****y throughout until the end, and then he completely loses his mind.

Far Cry 4 was much better, Ajay Ghale (that’s the protagonist, i even remember his name, so he wasn’t so bad) was more reasonable person with a balanced personality. The gameplay was largely the same as part 3 except some additional activities, vehicles, animals, etc. The graphics of both parts are great, but part 4’s art style & landmass diversity is much superior.

Overall the Far Cry series is one of the better games to come out from Ubisoft, so yeah, go ahead and upgrade your PC and play em all. Then once you’re done with your favorites, do give the Witcher series a try, Witcher 3 is open-world & kind of relates to Far Cry 3/4 in terms of exploration, so maybe you’ll like it as well.

^^^ thanks both of you for shedding some light, and both of you are correct. i am more of FPS kinda guy, so i like to play games like COD, BF & Far Cry, Specially the one's which have open world environment like far cry 3 and 4.

Your review nails pretty much all the aspects of the game that I loved. About your small gripe, I did share a ReShade preset with you that took care of that problem. Infact I played the game all the way through with that preset. It brought down fps quite a bit, but was well #$%^%$# worth it. My absolute favorite tracks from the game are "theme of ard skellige" and "Kaer Morhen" when you arrive at Kaer Morhen for the first time. These 2 tracks are so well placed at their places that I simply stand there listening to it for hours, admiring the view and stay absent-minded till I'm attacked by either bandits or monsters.

Believe me, this was one game I never wanted to end. The quests are bloody brilliant, every one of them. The amount of lore and attention to detail is absolutely staggering. This was 85$ dollars I absolutely do not regret spending on this game (base game+season pass). Can't wait for the 2 expansions that are coming (one in october this year, the other next year).

Besides the game, CDPR released 16 pieces of free DLC, that includes armors, weapons, outfits for triss and yenn, quests etc...

Fallout 4 has some pretty damn big shoes to fill. It better not disappoint :P

EDIT: BTW, I have complete OST in FLAC format in case anyone wants it. All you gotta do is ask. Courtesy of CDPR themselves.

EDIT 2: Lel, angryjoe's review is hilarious as heck :P (Warning: NSFW)