Gamer/Member Game Reviews

^ Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to keep it up.

Game

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Genre

A-RPG

System

PC

SCORES:

Presentation

8.5/10

Graphics

9/10

Sound

8.5/10

Story

8.5/10

Gameplay

8/10

Lasting Appeal

9/10

OVERALL: 8.7/10

SHORT REVIEW:

The gameplay is similar, but improved over Witcher 1. Combat system is highly improved, both the main quests and side quests are very interesting, the story is intriguing & very dramatic at times, nothing is disappointing in any way. The Graphics are astonishin, but require some high-end hardware to run at higher settings. The music, dialogues & sound effects are excellent too. The gameplay is mostly non-linear, and varied. There are two different stories, depending on a choice you make early in the game, And both the stories are completely different from one another, and thus after finishing the game with the first story, you can play it another time, and have a complete new story to enjoy. Overall a excellent game.

Game

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

Genre

A-RPG

System

PC

SCORES:

Presentation

9/10

Graphics

9/10

Sound

9/10

Story

9/10

Gameplay

9/10

Lasting Appeal

9/10

OVERALL: 9/10

SHORT REVIEW:

This is by far one of my most favorite Action-RPG games ever. I liked every single thing about this game. The setting is marvelous, the graphics are atmospheric & very pleasant on the eyes. The musical score is extremely catchy, most of the tunes will stay in your mind for a very long time. Your character is voice-less, but the dialogues of other peoples are great. The story & it's presentation is glorious. The game is extremely non-linear, and there are tons of interesting, and rewarding side-quests for you to do. At the beginning of the game, you make or choose your own character, you can select any gender, and the customization is pretty vast. There are 3 character classes, swordsmen, archer or mage, but you're not limited to that, you can master your skills in all fields & be the ultimate warrior. The magics & skills in the game are excellent, and you'll be using them quite a lot. Heck, your character can even mindread FFS. The RPG-elements of the game are vast & balanced, there are many intriguing puzzles in the game. There are many choices in the game too, you get to choose what to do at certain times in the game. Later in the game, you even get your own castle, with your own servants. It is quite awesome. Now, the best part about the game is (as you should be able to guess by the game's name) that your character becomes a dragon, and you can switch yourself between the human & dragon forms whenever you want, except in dungeons or closed-environments. Being a dragon is epic. You can fly, turbo boost into the air, burn flying enemies with your mouth-fire. This game is just awesome on all levels.

^ Are the requirements for divinity II lower than witcher 2 ? I read it has some game breaking bugs left in it. Did you encounter any ? What about replayability ?

^ Yes, officially they're lower. But the frame-rates weren't fully smooth on max settings, unlike Witcher 2 with 2.0 patch. But then again, they use completely different engines, and Divinity 2 is much more open-world, and action-oriented, and their gameplay styles are very different too.

As for any bugs, i don't remember encountering any, so there'd hardly be a few.

Replayability? Well... the game is pretty long itself, so unless you don't complete all the side-quests in your first play, i don't think you'll want to play it again so soon. There are some side-quests in which you have to choose what to do, and you can do the opposite of what you did on your first play. In either case, it'll last you long, And if you like fantasy stuff & dragons, you'll love it.

Game

To the Moon

Genre

Indie-Adventure

System

PC

SCORES:

Presentation

8/10

Graphics

7/10

Sound

9/10

Story

9/10

Gameplay

7/10

Lasting Appeal

6/10

OVERALL: 8/10

SHORT REVIEW:

This is one of the best indie games I've ever played. The scientific-romantic story simply drenches you in the game, and the game's emotional set of music gives it a life. All the characters are interesting, especially the two protagonists. The dialogues are very well written, which easily makes you happy & sad at different times. Graphically it looks like an old-school RPG, But the art design is still pretty good. The gameplay is simple, but is perfectly fine for the game. The game has a few easy but nice puzzles too. The only downside is that it's very short, But the experience outshines it's shortness. Highly recommended to fans of the genre.

Where did ya get it from?

Torrent?

Steam?

^ Torrent. "To the Moon v1 1 cracked-THETA"

But I'm considering purchasing it, as it's developer's definitely deserve support.

^ Aye. That's a good point. Support the games you truly love to play. Don't feed the trolls the likes of EA & Activision. They don't care about your money either way, as evident from lack of servers for the South Asian market.

^ Yeah. Not sure about EA, but there's no way I'm giving any of my money to Activision.

Game

Need for Speed: The Run

Genre

Racing

System

[PC], PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii

SCORES:

Presentation

6/10

Graphics

8.5/10

Sound

8/10

Story

4/10

Gameplay

7.5/10

Lasting Appeal

7/10

OVERALL: 8/10

SHORT REVIEW:

After having read the reviews, i didn't had any good expectations for it, but once again, like many previous times, the reviews turned out wrong for me. Infact, this turned out to be one of the best NFS games I've played. I liked it much more than Hot Pursuit (which i liked too), although this may be due to the fact that i prefer a linear story-based gameplay over a non-linear non-story based gameplay.

I played the lame PC port version, which is locked at 30fps, no mouse support, etc but i still enjoyed the game very much. Also, I'm not sure but i think the PC version actually supports & utilizes DX11, cause the graphics are the best in the whole series, there's nice amount of details in the environments & atmospheres, and the weather effects are pretty cool too, though it all would've looked better with 60fps. The Music & Soundtrack is pretty good too, though not as good as Most Wanted or Underground 2.

The gameplay is very linear, you just keep racing non-stop from start to end of the game, although there is some variety in the races. There are the typical races, then there are the chase races, and survival races, etc. The survival races are the most refreshing, thrilling & fun. There are cop cars in most of the races for you to avoid or ram onto, so fans of Hot Pursuit might enjoy it too. Although there is no choice in the races, there is choice in the cars you can drive. There are many cars from many different brands, and there are more unlockable cars too. The game's excellent driving physics make sure you enjoy each car for what it is.

The game is lacking in story & presentation departments, as there isn't much to praise. There isn't really a story, just small cutscenes in the beginning & ending of the game that acts as a story. There are some semi-interactive action cutscenes about resisting arrest in the middle of the game too, and they look cool, but doesn't really suit up with the game.

The game is relatively short compared to other NFS titles. But there's some nice driving action going around in it until it lasts. The driving & drifting is a lot of fun. Infact, the drifting is the best in all NFS games. You can actually drift like how they do it in Tokyo Drift (movie). After finishing the game, there's still the challenge mode left for you, which is basically some extra races for you to do if you're interested.

Overall It's a fine racing game, to say the least.

^I haven't played it until now! didn't had time to play.

The only thing that is preventing me from downloading it is the humongous file size and shitty 30 fps cap. I also heard the main campaign is less than 2 hours long o.O

^What!!!!!

^

[quote="jDk, post:113, topic:7438"]

The only thing that is preventing me from downloading it is the humongous file size and shitty 30 fps cap. I also heard the main campaign is less than 2 hours long o.O

[/quote]

Yeah well it is 14.9 GB. So, that'll suck if you're on slower connections. The 30fps cap IS ridiculous, especially in a racing game, but thankfully it doesn't look so bad. And as i said in the review, it is pretty short. But the 2 hours X minutes is the total recorded time, not the actual playing time. The game lasted me a day. But my recorded time was 2:11 or something.

Is it better than Hot Pursuit, or Shift 2 ??

I need to buy it for me xbox360

^ It depends on your preferences, i liked it more than Hot Pursuit, but many other people would find it the other way around.

If you want a non-linear racer without a story, too many but repetitive races, and the option to play as either the racer or the cop, then Hot pursuit is your deal. But if you want a linear racer with a little bit of story, less but exiting & varied races, each played on a new location to keep things refreshing & desirable, and an excellent thrilling driving experience along with amazing drifting fun, then The Run is the clear choice. And i haven't played Shift or Shift 2 so can't say about that.

^ Both titles simply sucked in my opinion. I don't know why, but the racing genre has totally lost its charm. Its the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Game: Max Payne 3

Genre: Third-Person Shooter

System: [PC], PS3, XBOX360

SCORES:

Presentation:

7.5/10 The transition from a comical presentation to action cutscenes takes away the max payne affect. It still looks good, and have it's own vibe, but just not what a die-hard max payne fan would prefer.

Graphics:

8.5/10 The graphics are really pretty, though they lack the dark tone of the previous Max Payne games. The lighting, shadows, bloom, etc all look pretty good. The fire looks inadequate though, along with vehicles shown in the game. The game also utilizes DX 10 & 11, and has a handful of option to customize as desired. The game is well-optimized for PC too, even at maxed-out graphics, it ran smoothly on my i5 with a HD6850. I also tried it on a dual-core, and it ran fairly good on it aswell.

Sound:

7.5/10 Thankfully, the original Max Payne theme music is again played in this one too in the main menu. The rest of the in-game musics are nothing remarkable, but are decent & suitable with the game's overall tone.

Story:

7.5/10 'Max Payne goes to Sao Paulo to get rid of his payne, but things don't go as expected...' Yeah, that's the basic plot. The story isn't much attaching, neither are the characters. You play most of the game trying to protect & rescue members of a rich family. Not much interesting of a plot, really.

Gameplay:

8/10 The gameplay is similar to it's predecessors. The whole shoot-em-all thing is pretty much the same, along with the bullet-time mechanics. New features would include cover mechanics, bullet-shot physics, the ability to dual-wield different weapons, etc.

New collectable items may include Golden Guns, which are many, and of which various parts are scattered throughout the different chapters, and after collecting all parts of a gun, it will replace the regular one with the golden one... Another new collectable item is Clues, which are also scattered around the chapters, they can be anything from notes, PCs, blood-stains, or other objects.

Lasting Appeal:

8/10 As with almost all shooter games, the game lasts only a few days at most. But it is still quite a bit longer than the average shooter game. Even after finishing the game, you have 2 unlockable harder difficulty modes to play with (if you want to), other than that you have the Arcade mode to play with, which has quite a few challenges for you. And then there's the multiplayer too, but you need to buy the game for that...

OVERALL: 7.8/10

Final Words:

Is it a bad game? No way! Infact it is a pretty good game. It's just that it doesn't really feel like Max Payne. Infact if you change the game's & protagonist's name to anything else, it would make much more sense, and it wouldn't dissapoint anyone anymore. Cause this game doesn't really have much of a connection with past Max Payne games. Not only is the presentation different, you don't even get to see any of the previous games characters in it. Heck, it doesn't even have the sexy Mona Sax in it...

As a 3rd-person shooter: 8/10 (or 7.8 as rated up there). As a Max Payne sequel: 6/10

^ I wrote all that, and i don't get any reply, not even a damned 'like'... Yeah, not gonna write long reviews anymore. -_-

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2