Gamer/Member Game Reviews

Well, these are not the universal rules. But, if I ever played any more games and want to give a review, I will try to follow your laws. Well, it will take years as I don not play much games as these take plenty of time :rolleyes:

Game

Red Faction Guerrilla

System

PC

Presentation

9/10

Graphics

9/10

Sound

8.5/10

Gameplay

9/10 If you like mass-destruction games, you are gonna Effing LOVE it!!! Atleast i did, i played it in august-september 2010, and it is in my top 10 favorite games list, the game has an awesome feel to it, once you start playing it, you can't stop.

Lasting Appeal

9/10 It is a perfect PC port, no lags, interesting story, nice missions, variety of side missions, nice in-game characters, great graphics, music, atmosphere, fear, ending value, originality, everything is nicely put.

Will play it again soon, this game totally deserves it!

Desperately waiting for Red Faction Armageddon!

Game

Mafia II

System

PC

Presentation

9.3/10

Graphics

9.3/10

Sound

9/10

Gameplay

9/10 gameplay is semi-sandbox, meaning you can free-roam almost all the time but can't do anything other that what you're told to do. But still it is very enjoyable. You can drive, shoot, kill, rob, collect playboys :P, and ofcourse do the missions, but keep in mind, there aren't any side-missions in the game.

Lasting Appeal

9/10 A great 'old times mafia' game with almost everything as the way it should be, the graphics & voice-acting is superb, the story is quite interesting, the game takes scenes from old movies, such as The Shawshank Redemption & The Godfather, the game is quite filmy itself, none of the missions are boring, there are three difficulty modes, playing on the hardest difficulty is most fun. The ending is fine aswell.

Will definitely like to play a third one.

Game

Just Cause 2

System

PC

Presentation

8/10

Graphics

8.5/10

Sound

7.5/10

Gameplay

8/10 Much better than the first, simply because of the upgrade from Rico to Spiderman-Rico. LOL, the gameplay is cool at beginning, but starts to lose interest after a while, the rest of the gameplay is pretty similar to the first.

Lasting Appeal

8/10 If you like spider-man, you'll like it, If you like doing insane stunts, you'll like it, If you like driving around in a huge green island, you'll like it. the game's agency missions are good enough, but the side-missions including races are repetitive, and starts to bore you soon. The Ending is pretty fine aswell. The game is definitely worth a shot.

Game

Dragon Age Origins

System

PC

Presentation

9/10

Graphics

8/10

Sound

9/10

Gameplay

9/10 Gameplay consists of most things you'd want in an RPG, you are given alot of choices in the whole game, there are interesting battles, romance, sex, doing small to big tasks for others, including party members, you will rarely get bored of it.

Lasting Appeal

9/10 The game is a gem, there is no doubt in that, this game changed my thoughts about Bioware. The game has everything right, from a nice story to a interested gameplay. The only thing i didn't like about the game were the graphics, they are just not 2009-ish... But eff graphics when the game is so good.

I'm now considering playing Awakening DLC, and maybe some other DLCs aswell.

And i'm really looking forward to playing Dragon Age 2, which is coming this may!

Game

Call of Duty Black Ops

System

PC - Although the game runs pretty good with the latest patches, it is still not nicely optimized for PC, there are stutters every bunch of seconds. But it is very much playable.

Presentation

9/10 Presentation is excellent, the main menu, movies, music, all are t.op-notch, the game makes sure you don't lose interest.

Graphics

8.5/10

Sound

8.5/10

Gameplay

8.5 Gameplay is quite similar to Modern Warfare (or World at War to be more accurate), the shooting/combat system is unchanged, there are new weapons to use (that includes a flamethrower, yeahhh!), you get to fly a helicopter with machine guns, and shoot the #$%# outta your enemies. the gameplay otherwise is very similar. There is also a zombie mode in which you can kill zombies who are coming out at you slowly at first, and gains speed as you continue to kill them, and you have limited bullets to kill them, haha.

Lasting Appeal

8.8/10 I personally found it to be better story-wise than MW or WaW. and the movies definitely are better without a doubt. The graphics doesn't seem to be improved than of MW2, or atleast are not as good as it should've been for such a high budget game, But they are on the quite-good side nonetheless. Music is great throughout, Movies as i said before deserves appreciation, there are a few cool twists in the storyline, and the ending is pleasing enough.

Overall a great game, I'd definitely like to see a sequel.

Game

Grand Theft Auto IV

System

PC - As you'd already know, it is a BAD PC port.

Presentation

7.5/10 Presentation is good, the intros, menus, loading screens etc are impressive & suits the theme of the game very nicely.

Graphics

8/10 As a game of 2008, the graphics & atmospheres are pretty, and gives you many 'screenshot moments'.

Sound

8.5/10 Music is one of the best parts of the game, almost any music played at anytime in the game is great & doesn't get boring, specially the theme track "Soviet Connection" deserves a applaud. The radios are subject to liking, but there's something for everyone, BUT other than that, the dialogues are lame, and doesn't stand-up to its predecessors.

Gameplay

6/10 Gameplay is when things get bad, simply put, the gameplay is very limited, and CANNOT be even slightly compared to SanAndreas, most of the cool stuff is striped in this, for example, no airplanes, no tanks, no bicycles, no parachutes, no nitros, no car-customizations, no underwater swimming, no 8-ball, no garages, no places to buy, no cameras (as in SA, which you could use to take in-game screenshots without the huds), no dancing, no haircuts, no tattoos, very few mini-games, lack of side-missions, lack of girl-friends, no hot-cofee :P, lack of pretty mush everything, so thats automatically equals to lack of interest. And off-course, ridiculous physics.

Lasting Appeal

7/10 I personally found it to be lame in comparison to its predecessors (all of them). It can at most be considered a sequel to GTA3 or Vice City, in front of SanAndreas, its sh!t, I can only wonder how much Rockstar would've paid to the game reviewers to get such excellent reviews (10/10? Seriously? :/) Simply put, GTA IV attempts to be more realistic (f*ck realism, most of us play games to get rid of reality), and thus compares best to GTA 3 as a sequel, gameplay-wise, i find Vice-City & Sanandreas to be better & much much better respectively.

And yeah, the story, well... It ain't too good either, I'm not gonna post any spoilers here, but if you've played all the previous GTA games, you'll likely be disappointed. As for the ending, there are two endings, but both of them aren't quite pleasing unfortunately.

Overall: As a sandbox game 7.5/10, as a GTA sequel 6/10, lack of everything from gameplay to missions & to story makes it end up as a bad GTA sequel.

Edit: Updated

Game

Dragon Age II

System

PC

Presentation

9.5/10

Graphics

9/10

Sound

9.5/10

Gameplay

9.5/10 The game starts with a short cutscene, and then you're quickly engaged in combat, fast, cool, bloody action. Gameplay is highly improved from its predecessor, everything from combat to questing, has been upgraded, combats are more fun & thrilling, skill/magic trees are huge, boss-fights can be brutal, there are many new & refreshing type of quests to be completed, decision-based gameplay is just as good as of the 1st if not better, the only things lessened i think are, awfully large locations, strategical gameplay, puzzles, profile-based story changes, unnecessary dialogues, sexual activity, romance (i DO miss this one) and replay value, nonetheless, the game still has a LOT to offer. The rest of the gameplay is pretty similar to the first one's.

Lasting Appeal

9.5/10 I'll start by saying that i absolutely loved the 1st one (review on post #.65), and even then, i loved this one twice as much! Yeah, seriously! I don't get why the F are the game reviewers giving it a lesser rating than the first one's, this game improves almost everything about the game. The presentation & story-telling is brilliant, graphics/musics/videos are just as good, atmospheres & surroundings are beautiful, textures are detailed, animations & lip-sync are great aswell, there are many new concepts in the game, such as, the new option of being able to choose time period (day/night) is really good, both periods provide a different atmosphere & feeling, its just too good. The camp system is completely replaced by home system, you now have to visit your companions at their homes or other hangouts to have casual conversations or get companion quests from them, I very much prefer it this way, And the best part, you get your own nice apartment, Where you can get supplies, store stuff, get letter (both casual & quest requests) & talk to/have romance with your in-game love (if she've moved in with you). The combat & questing are excellent & much more improved than the 1st one, the achievements are way cooler than the first one's too, the default main character/hero (whether male or female) is attractive, doesn't require any modifications, & suits his/her voice nicely, most of the companions are cool & likable unlike the first one's, funny sequences happen sooner & more often, while sad things happen too to keep things in balance, conversations are interesting most of the time, quest variety is great & varied, main quests are refreshing and shiny, side-missions and other types of side-missions are just as good, there are much more companion quests in comparison to the first, and they're all different from one another, the romance is however seems stripped in more than one ways, and the choices for romance aren't much great either for that matter, still pretty decent though, the best part of the series is intact, the decision-based gameplay, the story affecting decisions, the end changing decisions, just as awesome as before.

When i was playing the 1st one, sometime before the end, i found it a bit over-stretched, and was hoping for it to end soon, but this one, near the end i was wishing, NO no no no, please don't end now, just a little more... but it did end anyway, so yes, it is shorter than the 1st, but for as long as i played it, it was worth every minute. Totally Awesome!

The ending IMO was somewhat better in the 1st one's, in this, it was less "shiny", but i still very much prefer this over that, since atleast i didn't had to give birth to a demon child in this...

In the end, I personally give it the title of "The best RPG game of 2011"

Completely looking forward to play Dragon Age III!

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassins_Creed_brotherhood_cover.jpg

[image soure:wikipedia]

Genre Third-person action-adventure, open world

Platform Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

note:I played it on Windows.

Presentation 9/10

Overall game presentation is pretty awesome, but nearly same as the older part. The menus are simple and easy to access. When playing the game the side missions menus are also plain and simple but attractive. As from the First part of the game uptil this one loading times are covered up by tips, and this is also nice as a new player doesn't know different things from this game which were taught in the recent parts of this game. Also if you have a nice PC it doesn't take all of your day to load the game, loading is quick. Leaving and getting back into Animus is interesting, with the concept that our DNA stores our ancestral memories. A concept which can be thought of.

Story

The story continues from the last part, as desmond and his friends are escaping from the their last hide out towards a new one, and the search for the apple of eden still continues. Story line has got many twists in it, the doubts about Machiavelli gets us into suspicion. Specially this time ending is never like before, when i complete the game i was like this !!!BANG!!! man what has just happened here. I shall not tell the whole story as it would remove the element of surprise.

Main Character 10/10

Out side the Animus Desmond is awesome according to the story as at start he doesn't know anything and with the passage of time he gets to know everything and paths of knowing are opening to him.

And inside Animus Ezio Auditore da Firenze is above awesome! His costumes are great but i liked the Altair ibn la ahad's costume more from the ending of first part of this game. Ezio got some moves that are special, he's ways of assassination are great! magnificent. Jumping on to the building has improved.

He seems as if he is alive.

graphics 9.5/10

Game graphics are awesome, i don't know times iwould use word awesome to describe this game. Graphics are better than both last parts. Specially people, there are alot of different bodies and faces this time. Game world is real. Details of environment are great, Specially The Colosseum, looks just like the real one. I never liked the trees from the past parts but they are also improved. Except there are few glitches, very few.

Sound 10/10

Sound tracks are according to the conditions in the game. Over all game covers soft music tracks. Sound affects are marvelous as they are 3D sounds.

Gameplay 10/10

Game keys are easy to control. We need to have both control of mouse and keyboard at the same time. This time the games difficulty level is increased very much. Specially the missions in which we have to tail a target, it is very hard to follow. There are many more types of missions introduced. And the abiltiy to call assassins to your help has changed the whole scenario of the game. Leonardo's war machines missions are interesting and very difficult in my opinion. Story line is very interesting as the whole story is about getting to the apple. I loved the start of the game when we have to control the canons. And the most interesting thing was desmond's arrival at villa auditore. There are alot of types of missions to complete apart from the story, in which the main is to renovate the city of rome and we get interest from the money which we invest in renovation. :)

I think now Assassins Creed Brotherood has gotten out of the whole stealth stuff but still alot of stealth missions are here to be played.

Lasting Appeal 10/10

This game has every thing to keep a person seated infront of his pc for hours!

Final words:

This game is one of the must play for every hard core gamer.

Game

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

System

PC - Just like IV, its a bad PC port.

Presentation

7.5/10 Same as IV, except different main menu & loading screens.

Graphics

8/10 Same as IV, unnoticeable changes, if any.

Sound

8.5/10 Same as IV, different theme music for each episode.

Gameplay

TLaD = 6.5/10 TBoGT = 8.5/10 Gameplay is generally the same as IV, except a few new additions in each episodes, the game is divided in two episodes, The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony.

TLaD greatly enhances the bike handling, there are new options like calling for backup, in which your gang members comes to help you in whatever you're doing, while surfing with your gangs, a large logo appears on the ground, staying in which heals your player, new features, like playing card games, arm-wrestling & making bets with your gang members, the gang-wars are back, you now once again gets to go crack some skulls & gain respect, all your gang members have their own healths, as they help you, you have to help them back too, cause they can get deceased, and will take some time to spawn back, and they get stronger as you progress through the game, one of the bad things is, that there isn't changeable clothing in it, you can't buy clothes from shops, and you'll be wearing the same clothes in the entire game, there are a few new bikes that includes kick-ass looking bikes, a few new weapons like sawn-off shotgun, pipe bombs etc, and then a few other minor things.

TBoGT is the real deal here, it reintroduces quite a bunch of features found in the good old SanAndreas, such as, Dancing (its alot more fun than in SanAndreas), Parachuting, Nitro! (but only available in racing missions, to unlock it outside of races, you have to win all the races), Dancing (sexily) with random girls in your club, having (censored) sex with them if perform a good dance, playing drinking games with club members, going to boxing club & boxing or making huge bets on boxers & trying your luck (You can actually win, no matter how big the bet is), new sub-missions called Drug Wars, in which you steal drugs from other gangs in many different ways, another cool thing is the mission rating system, once you complete a mission, the rating shows up, and most of the time, you'll have to do the missions again & again to get perfect ratings, the best part is that you wont have to load the game again & again to do them, all the missions are replayable. Just like TLaD, you can't buy clothes in it either, but atleast you've got half a bunch of different clothes in your apartment to wear, which is much better than the same clothes all the time, there are ofcourse new weapons like a Blasting Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Remote Controlled Chip Bombs etc, a few reintroduced cars (No cheetah though), and a few other minor things.

Lasting Appeal

8/10 EFLC is basically the same game, with different perspectives on the same storyline, different missions & a few new gameplay additions. The best part about the story is, that they're all connected to one another, and you'll get to see the same situations in different perspectives. I'm not gonna tell anything about the story though, you'll have to play the game for that.

Between the two episodes, The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony, i personally found the 2nd one to be ALOT better, infact i found it to be ALOT better than IV aswell. TLaD basically focuses on a biker & his gang, the humor is unfunny, the missions aren't fun either, and i doubt many people would've liked it (maybe except bikers, hehe), while TBoGT focuses on a club owner & his friend, the humor & missions are excellent, and the story & gameplay is good enough to make it the best in the GTA IV series.

In the end: TLaD 6.5/10 = TBoGT = 8.5/10 Combined 8/10 IMO its better than the original GTA IV, recommended to gamers, highly recommended to GTA fanboys.

Game: God of War 3

System:PS3

Genre:Action

Presentation:

8/10,

• From the minute you play the game you are greeted with a fine intro which shows the previous games story.
  • The familiar screens the settings are all as before..which is good.
  • The stages are all properly presented and there is variety of settings to fight.
  • The story is also great but you would have to play the previous parts to truly understand it.

Graphics
    9/10,
    • Graphics are great and each thing is properly detailed.
    • Kratos on his own is a true marvel.
    • Not only him but the enemies look awesome too, from the first battle to last each enemy has been given great detail.

Sound

9/10, Music is the same as before, which is good and the voice cast are great.

Gameplay

9/10,

• You cant question this game on gameplay.

• Although the weapons are similar, it has enough differences to make your attacks more tactical.

• The enemies are in variety and play well, and also some familiar annoying enemies also appear that were missing in part 2.

• Puzzles are a plenty but not as complicated as the ones in part 1.

• New to the game is the ranged grab which allows you to grab and slam any opponent, including that of minotaurs. this makes the fighting slightly easy as you can use this to escape enemy attacks as well.

Lasting Appeal

8/10, You can download extra costumes to change the way you play the game, and you do have the challenge mode available.

Bottom line: Buy or play this game once in your life

Game

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

System

PC

Presentation

5/10

Graphics

5/10

Sound

5/10

Gameplay

4/10 Its very basic co-operative gameplay is quite disappointing, too repetitive, buggy, & unoriginal.

Lasting Appeal

4.5/10 The game starts mediocre, then slowly starts losing interest, gets boring, stretchy, and ends up turning into poor. There are numerous bugs, including but not limited to, lagging, freezing, character stucking, etc. The combat is very repetitive, the special abilities/magics are just ok, the cutscenes are average, the puzzles are too simple and boring, the side-quests & achievements are dull & exists just for the sake of existing. Over-all, its lame.

Game

The First Templar

System

PC

Presentation

8/10

Graphics

7.5/10

Sound

7.5/10

Gameplay

8/10 The gameplay is great, it is co-operative, but unlike Hunted, it is executed nicely. The majority of the gameplay consists of intelligent combat, which can be performed either stealthy or flagrantly, other gameplay aspects varies from exploration, item collection, puzzle solving & achievement unlocking. The combat system is refreshing & realistic, no elemental bullsh!t, the actions/moves of the main characters are cool, especially of the hot chick.

Lasting Appeal

8/10 The game started below average, and kept on getting better & better. Everything about the game was atleast good, even though the game developer isn't famous, there wasn't any noticeable bugs in it. The presentation & story was pretty good & somewhat refreshing. The main characters were interesting & good-looking, the cutscenes were good, the puzzles were refreshing & interesting, the graphics, texture detail, environments, musical score, voice acting, dialogues, sound effects, and anything related was pretty good most of the time. IMO The only thing that needed improvement were the character animations. The Ending was fine, but it could've been better too. (the game have 2 endings, though the only difference is a small change in dialogues.) So overall, this is an highly underrated action-adventure game.

^Genre?

^ Action-Adventure, though it has some rpg elements in it.

Vid kinda reminded me of Pirates of the Carribian

^ What? Lego Pirates of the Caribbean? :rolleyes:

Game

Lost Horizon

System

PC

Presentation

8.5/10

Graphics

7.5/10

Sound

7.5/10

Gameplay

7/10 Well, its a point-and-click game, so it isn't much different than any other same-genre game. But any fans of its genre will like it, there are some pretty good puzzles in it, and some special scenarios too, that you don't usually see in this genre.

Lasting Appeal

7.8/10 The presentation is great, the graphics & music is better than the usual games of this genre, the characters & their dialogues are interesting, especially of the main character (Fenton Paddock), his sense of humor is great, he cracks funny/witty jokes every now & then in the game. He even has a romance (basic) in the game with one of the characters (Kim). You get to control a few other characters in the game aswell. The story is pretty good, much more interesting than the usual games of this genre. The game's length is long enough, and you don't get bored anytime in between. The last chapter is brilliant, the ending is good enough, and there is a pretty epic chick with chick fight, in which you get to control how Kim fights. After finishing, you unlock the bonus mode, in which you can play 3 mini-games, a jigsaw puzzle, a different version of the game, and the chick fight. (yeah, you can play that as many times you want). You can also get a special medal if you did something in the middle of the game. Overall, the game is pretty good. A must play to the fans of its genre.

great review Upsi..

Wish I had enuff time ta play...but alas...

^^any official links to the game site?