Gamer/Member Game Reviews

Game

Final Fantasy XII (RPG)

System

PS2

Presentation

8/10, The Menu system, the presentation, and localities are all awesome. When it comes to story, its not as flamboyant as other Final Fantasy stories, but its main plot is still good, if of course you understand politics, and rules of engagement. Each character has his/her motives but not as fleshed out as other Final Fantasies. Also due to the side quests, less linear levels and long journeys through various stages, you will tend to forget your main quest and the character motives pretty quickly, which causes many players to say that the game's story is shallow (Which is not true). I do however have a gripe over the main character Vaan. He's pretty shallow and has little to no command over his peers. Maybe if SquareEnix had allowed players to switch other characters in villages and cities (like in FFVI), then maybe many wouldn't have complained about shallow characters.

Graphics

10/10 animation quality, texture design, and framerate are all top notch. 3D Character design is by the same guy who made "Vagrant story".

Sound

8/10 Dialogues are good, and well said. The music is just alright but not great, or something to remember.

Gameplay

8/10 Gameplay is great. I like how you have to choose between different weapons and how each weapon reacts to your and enemy stats. I like the license system, and especially like it cuz I can complete the board when I get to lvl 50 unlike other games (FFX grid system). I like how you can collect loot and sell it off to the Bazaar, and then earn different weapons that might not be available at that time. The instructions for getting these items are given in the clan primer once you have killed a certain number of enemies.

Of course nothing satisfies me more than my own characters doing my dirty work for me, yes you guessed it, I am referring to the Gambit system. Many players have complained that it makes battles easy, well... then turn it off!

There is a problem in the gameplay, is that the espers are pretty much useless. The enemies become soo powerful that the espers don't even get the chance to pull off their ultimate. But there are strategies to use them. Like call your esper, fight enemies till hes weak, then go out of the zone, wait for his time to get over (90 secs), go back to the zone with enemies waiting, and the esper will hit his ultimate. The other problem is that its not as rewarding as other final fantasy games were. I don't get 99 remedies or other 99 items when defeating strong enemies, which is a bummer.

Lasting Appeal

By the time you pass lvl 30, you would have played 40 hours of gameplay. (Hunts included).

I want to know this PS games name.

In video games shop known people used to play a game known as cable or kable something like that. The plot was that one or two soldiers used to start the fame and they used to get points when they break hurdels in their way which included stones. Enemy personnel which were injured, were shifted on stature and if you fire on them more points you could get. In next stages tanks and planes were also their against which you have to survive.

If you jnow that game, plz tell me its exact name. People stikk gibe it that name but found it nowhere.

Make a new thread with title

"Could you name this game ?"

BTW, the game you are referring to is "Cabal" , and its not a PS game. Its an old, yet great game from the 80s.

Sorry mistake

Game

Syphon Filter 2 (Third Person Shooter)

System

PSX

Presentation

7/10 Its just alright nothing special. The story is easy to follow, but the final villain was pretty smart.

Graphics

6/10 Its a PSX game what do you expect, For the PSX it had good graphics. But its still playable, and the animations of the characters are still pretty good.

Sound

8/10 the music fits the mood and the guns had pretty accurate sounds.

Gameplay

9/10 Excellent controls, and great level design. Basically any area you go to acts out as a puzzle. There are different scenarios, and never becomes frustrating. The downside is that you can use a silent pistol to kill enemies miles away.

Lasting Appeal

9/10 Its got a deathmatch mode which is pretty fun and the game will warrant you to play the game again and again, so that you could unlock all the characters for the multiplayer.

The Saboteur (PC,PS3,XBOX360)

Presentation

Easy to understand with about 15 mins learning curve..8/10

Graphics

Not bad overall..7/10

Sound

This is one of the good aspects of the game as some classic WW2 tunes running in the background makes you feel the moment..8/10

Gameplay

Controls are simple and the missions are challenging as there are always more than one way to complete an objective.Elements of Sabotage & Getting yourself disguised in german uniforms makes it even more interesting.Story,at the start,seems a bit boring but later on it will get you sticked to your screen to see whats gonna happen next...8/10

Although i had lots of expectations from this game But its not that best as i have wanted it to be.This game has a bit of style from"MAFIA".

But it was fun playing it.

Game

Kingdom Hearts 2 (Action RPG)

System

PS2

Presentation

10/10 Excellent story line, easy to understand menus, Interface changes with each new world. Its awesome. The intro of the game is one of the best I have ever seen. Mind blowing

Graphics

10/10 Characters, enemies, stages, animations are great, colorful, and have good fashion sense.

Sound

10/10 Very emotional, and great songs. The opening title "Sanctuary" is one of my favs. The dialogues are well told, thanks to Disney.

Gameplay

10/10 The action is good, you fight against variety of enemies, that work well together. Level designs are pretty good. Your friends fight much better, thanks to good ai, and your input. Soras special powers are pretty cool too and its wise to use them often to increase their levels and increase damage.

Lasting Appeal

10/10 With different worlds to explore, fighting different enemies, bosses, leveling up your characters, making your space ship, and solving puzzles, would take you more than 30 hours easy.

Game

Halo3 (First person Shooter)

System

Xbox360

Presentation

9/10 Great story if you have played the previous games, otherwise without any description of the back story noobs might not have any feel for Cortana. The atmosphere changes from time to time, which is good. The menu is easy and fast to navigate.

Graphics

9/10 great graphics. The animation and textures are top notch, but I feel the lighting arent as good as most other games were when it was released. The game doesnt slow down in intense battles, only and except when you fight aerial battles is when you feel a little slowdown.

Sound

7/10 Music is as always great, andthe voice acting is top notch but the voice in cut scenes are always overshadowed by the music, which makes it hard to understand what they are saying.

Gameplay

9/10 The gameplay is varied and the weapons are great. But somehow the enemies felt different from the last ones. While there were variety of enemies, I did kinda miss the cool invisible enemies with the sword. Overall the game was excellent.

Lasting Appeal

10/10 Theres still plenty of online battles out there, and the local multiplayer is still very good.

Game

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

System

PC

Presentation

8.3/10 Good Story, the way the game is presented is nice, realistic feel, beautifull eye candy atmospheres, simple but cool menus.

Graphics

8.2/10 Lovely graphics, most of the time you'd want to take a look around instead of doing your job/mission. The weather is great, the snow, rain, dust, wind etc effects are quite realistic. To put it simple, the game has quite some eye candy.

Sound

8.1/10 Great musics, you never get bored of them, the voice-acting is great aswell, you'll love to hear the conversations you hear, or briefings you're given.

Gameplay

8.5 The gameplay is what i liked most of the game, its not all about killing, there are other things you'll have to do too, such as sneaking into the enemy base. and the way you do that is simply great, the whole radiation thing makes it harder and better. There are quite alot of weapons to use, alot of badass enemies to kill, you just never get bored of it, and after ending it, you'll wonder why did it had to end so soon.

Lasting Appeal

8.4/10 The game is worth every penny you buy it with. The game is not very long, so it'll end soon, but when it does, you can try the multiplayer mode, or better yet........ you can play Modern Warfare 2! cause thats what i'm gonna do.

Game: The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Adventure)

System: PC

Presentation: 7/10

Graphics: 7/10

Sound: 7/10

Gameplay: 6.5/10 The gameplay isn't anything special, the game is easy most of the time, there is not much to do (acceptable for a point&click game i guess), fine plot, fine graphics & sounds, generally "good".

^Its a puzzle game with great humor

^ Which one have you played? the original one or the remake?

Here's the difference between the too:

Original:

MISE_2010-07-03_23-23-05-80.jpg

Remake:

MISE_2010-07-03_23-23-07-72.jpg

didnt know they had a remake of the original

Game: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Action-adventure)

System: Mobile (Java)

Presentation: 8.5/10

Graphics: 8.5/10

Sound: 9/10

Gameplay: 8.5/10 This has to be the best mobile action-adventure game i have ever played, it is almost perfect in every sense, the graphics & sounds (especially musics) are pretty nice for a mobile java game, the gameplay is amusing, it never bores you, the story is slick, the action & puzzles are great, every element of the game is 8+. the game lasts about 1 to 2 hours depending on the player, and then there are 3 difficulty modes "Spoiled Prince" (Normal), "Mighty Warrior" (Hard) & "Legendary Hero" (Hardest), the second & third modes unlock one by one.

Lasting Appeal: 8.7/10 the game makes you feel as if your phone is a GBA & you're playing a GBA game. It is downright awesome. Totally Recommended!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

didnt know they had a remake of the original
[/quote]

Well now you know, if you played the original one a long time ago, then you might wanna play the remake now.

Game: Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge (Adventure)

Presentation: 7.5/10

Graphics: 8/10

Sound: 7.5/10

Gameplay: 7/10 The gameplay is improved in comparision to the first game, the game difficulty is harder too, the story is not as good as of the first one but still quite good, the graphics & sounds/musics are better than the first one, the conversations are funnier. I didn't liked the ending, but... oh well. To put it simply, Its a nice game.

Here's the difference between the original & the remake:

Original:

http://i.imagehost.org/0045/Monkey2_2010-07-17_14-39-47-50.jpg

Remake:

http://j.imagehost.org/0445/Monkey2_2010-07-17_14-40-06-94.jpg

Game: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Action-Adventure)

Presentation: 6.6/10

Graphics: 6.5/10

Sound: 6.7/10

Gameplay: 6.8/10 The 2nd worst POP game yet. (1st is POP 3D)

Game: Mirror's Edge (First person, action-adventure)

Presentation: 6/10

Graphics: 7/10

Sound: 7/10

Gameplay: 6.5 its simply a annoying Running FPS game, yeah, most of the time, you gotta run run run. well that doesn't make it bad, what does make it bad is that its repetitive & dull, well you CAN fight too, but you WOULDN'T want to, because it really doesn't LET you. the whole gameplay & actions are dull & boring, there isn't much story in it, the fights & puzzles are just crappy & annoying. the cut-scenes are also boring. As for the graphics & music, well they're OK at most, the graphics are not even close to realistic. But then again, the game have nothing to do with realism.

Playable, but not really worth the time.

Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (First-person shooter)

Presentation: 8.5/10

Graphics: 9/10

Sound: 9/10

Gameplay: 8.5/10

Lasting Appeal: 8.75/10 It takes Modern Warfare one step ahead, it begins where the first one ended, gameplay is quite similar to the first one except that it adds and subtracts somethings, such as there's no option to plant a C4 on a tank (or any other vehicle for that matter), but to make up for that, you can blow doors and kill the enemies inside in slow-motion. There are now a few missions where you even drive vehicles. (YES!!!) The story & missions are similar to the first one, many new weapons/features have been added, there's even this whole new "Special Ops" mode added, in which you have to win challenges to gather points. The game has mostly been improved except a few things, but keeping in mind that nothing can be perfect, i'll give it the title. "the best FPS game of 2009"

Can't wait for Modern Warfare 3 to come! :cool: