Galaxy computers, warranty issues

Hey everyone, im thinking about picking some stuff up from galaxy but i've heard from a bunch of people that they are horrible at covering the warranty. is there any truth to that? what's been your experience with galaxy's warranty coverage?

thanks all.

I do business with galaxy computers alot. I have never had any warranty issues with them, unless there is something which is delaying the warranty.

They have low hardware prices too

So, you should go for galaxy computers

No Probs with Galaxy, bought atleast a dozen items from them, successfully.

me to never had a problem with GALAXY

once my VGA card got some prob and they replaced it with new one.

Two myths to debunk:

1 - Galaxy is the cheapest - It isn't. There are cheaper alternatives but finding lower prices requires some additional searching. There is ONLY convenience with Galaxy in them having majority of products in one place.

2 - Warranty is excellent - It's a debatable point. even though they are the official distributors of some brand names, they DO NOT provide the complete warranty for their products. Galaxy's 10 month warranty does not equates to 5 years provided by the manufacturer. In the limited warranty they actually offer, the warranty handling is a bit above satisfactory.

a couple of friends had a pretty crappy experience dealing with galaxy, i dont want to go into details but apparently the refused to replace a motherboard because they claimed it was overclocked. but couldint actually prove it was.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

a couple of friends had a pretty crappy experience dealing with galaxy, i dont want to go into details but apparently the refused to replace a motherboard because they claimed it was overclocked. but couldint actually prove it was.
[/quote]

How should anyone prove that a motherboard was damage due to overclocking by just looking at motherboard?

I wonder what “proof” your friends might be looking from Galaxy to satisfy themselves that motherboard was damage due to overclock or not?

Regarding Galaxy's online prices shipments and warranty I have couple of questions.

Are these online prices exact or negotiable?

Once I had to buy a 1TB HD. the online price was 8800 at that time and I wanted it for 8500.

I emailed them but they denied any negotiation over the online price.

They are giving 3 years local warranty for Seagate HD as they claimed in email. Is that true?

Thay are now charging costumers with shipment charges.

They regret to drop these charges and replied that we were giving free shipment in the past but not now.

Please share your experience.

the other option u are left with is czone but galaxy is more popular and warranty is the thing galaxy should be proud of..

all here must compare the warranty of galaxy with other shops...

believe me the other shops are even worse when it comes to warranty issues....

Regarding Galaxy’s online prices shipments and warranty I have couple of questions.

Are these online prices exact or negotiable?

Once I had to buy a 1TB HD. the online price was 8800 at that time and I wanted it for 8500.

I emailed them but they denied any negotiation over the online price.

They are giving 3 years local warranty for Seagate HD as they claimed in email. Is that true?

Thay are now charging costumers with shipment charges.

They regret to drop these charges and replied that we were giving free shipment in the past but not now.

Please share your experience.

[/quote]

Prices are non-negotiable.

Seagate has 10/12 months local (fully covered)and 2 years limited warranty (where you pay courier fees to Galaxy for shipping the HDD to Seagate centers abroad) for a total of three years warranty.

the other option u are left with is czone but galaxy is more popular and warranty is the thing galaxy should be proud of…

all here must compare the warranty of galaxy with other shops…

believe me the other shops are even worse when it comes to warranty issues…

[/quote]

depends on the shop right? i’ve never had any warranty issues with the ones in sassi arcade (clifton)

galaxy have many stuff which come though baggage or in local words they bought stuff from abroad though khapiya system ..... thats why they are cheap and have warranty problem , As I want to buy 128 GB SSD and the CORSAIR SSD DRIVE 128GB (CMFSSD-128GB2D) is Rs 35000 and INTEL SSD 160GB HDD (SSDSA2M IH0160G1) Rs 62000 ..... as they said CORSAIR SSD DRIVE might have warranty problem but on INTEL SSD there will be no warranty problem as they we have INTEL pakistan.

by the way any one using SSD in pc or in labtop or in servers

Google4u

SSD has been known to speed up your operating time by hours. Even searching has been significantly improved.

For more you make check out toms's hardware they have just recntly done a review comparing normal hd to entry level SSD.

SSD has been known to speed up your operating time by hours. Even searching has been significantly improved.

For more you make check out toms’s hardware they have just recntly done a review comparing normal hd to entry level SSD.

[/quote]

Check This out ... I am only waiting till prices goes under 25K for 128 GB.

Google4u

Prices are non-negotiable.

Seagate has 10/12 months local (fully covered)and 2 years limited warranty (where you pay courier fees to Galaxy for shipping the HDD to Seagate centers abroad) for a total of three years warranty.

[/quote]

i bet if you talk to them directly in their shop, they’ll lower the prices a bit.

galaxy do not lower their prices at all bought a lot of stuff from them whtever price mentioned at thier website they will sell at tht price only. The reason I buy from galaxy is because their 1 no stuff and warranty. For small stuff you can look for alternate shop but when you wanna buy expensive gadget you may go there, I and my friends never had any problem with them.

Always keep the receipt of the product safe and normally galaxy take 30 to 45 days to process the claim.