Galaxy and HDD warranty

i have purchased a WD 160GB hard disk sata in august 2009,from galaxy computers,technocity,but now it have some problem like detection problem some it it loss data and it also have bad sector,some time it did not boot,i have to install windows almost every week,i have lost the receipt of that hard disk,now i want to ask that how much is the warranty of it,i did no remembered it,was it 1 year 3 year or 5 year,and will they accept my warranty claims if i don't have the receipt of it although i have the exact date of purchase + it was purchased by so can they search the receipt and re print it if it warranty is still valid,

P>s that 160 sata hard disk is not available now on galaxy site

--

They do repair HD at Uni Plaza (II Chundrigar Rd, Uni Plaza)

and upper floors of Techno City. I am not certain how well,

because when I took mine to them, the guy said the head

had come loose inside and it was unrepairable. Tanka Shanka

they can do (although quality of work is shoddy).

You can at least get some information from Galaxy, about

how to approach WD wrt your HDD. They would have the

right contact numbers and would probably tell you the %

probability of success.

Sheikh 'This Receipt Is Proof Of Purchase' Chilli

As neoclue pointed out shopkeepers only provide free warranty service for 1 year. After 1 year you have to pay them service charges if you want to claim warranty. So the costs involved in claiming warranty or getting your HDD repaired are not worth it. My suggestion to you is to backup your data and buy a new hard disk. A 500GB seagate drive would be ideal. In future scan your HDD for bad sectors at least once every 2 months. And keep backups of important files!

edit: and please please stop selling adsense accounts. They are free you know!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As neoclue pointed out shopkeepers only provide free warranty service for 1 year. After 1 year you have to pay them service charges if you want to claim warranty. So the costs involved in claiming warranty or getting your HDD repaired are not worth it. My suggestion to you is to backup your data and buy a new hard disk. A 500GB seagate drive would be ideal. In future scan your HDD for bad sectors at least once every 2 months. And keep backups of important files!

edit: and please please stop selling adsense accounts. They are free you know!

[/quote]

if they are are free why people are looking for them for 100-1000 pkr for only one account.

i already have approved 10’s of account for 200 each

if they are are free why people are looking for them for 100-1000 pkr for only one account.

[/quote]

I don’t know. Why don’t you ask them and let us know?

I also have a WD Green 1TB drive (bought in 2009) that is almost dead (Smart status bad, excessive sector reallocation), and like in your case, I too have lost the receipt, but it is still under warranty (WD's 3 year warranty) and can be sent directly to WD for a replacement, but seeing their strict packaging requirements, I thought of just suffering the loss. I am not sure if they require a proof of purchase, but on their information pages I only see emphasis on the label on the drive not tampered, but I have not completed the RMA procedure so maybe they will require the receipt as well.

You can check if your drive is still in WD's warranty by going to http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en . But in your case, like others have said, it will be less cheap and convenient for you to buy a new one.

Receipt is the proof of purchase. If you have lost it, you can not claim warranty. Shopkeepers warranty is for a year, then you have to directly contact the company for any kind of claims. But since you have lost the proof of purchase, no claims from you would be processed.
[/quote]

@noclue, Yes receipt is the proof of purchase, thats right and seller has the right to ask for the receipt.

BUT…

The Serial number is always noted in the records of seller, and they can easily get a duplicate copy of the invoice. What if, someone has lost it, is he suppose to get an F.I.R. for that? Comon.

--