Fuck ptcl

my net still hasnt been upgraded i tried everything complaints through net ,phone i even went very harsh on one of the operators in the end i am left with 400kb/s speed my original subscription was 1200 512kb now it should be 1mb ...i am really sick of PTCL and there !@#$%^ lies any help as to what i should do

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

my net still hasnt been upgraded i tried everything complaints through net ,phone i even went very harsh on one of the operators in the end i am left with 400kb/s speed my original subscription was 1200 512kb now it should be 1mb …i am really sick of PTCL and there !@#$%^ lies any help as to what i should do
[/quote]

I think PTCL read your signature!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Try changing to other DSL provider!

the joker post ur speedtest result

if u are getting 400kb/s (i.e. kilobytes per second or download speed) then its really gr8

and if you are getting 400kbps (i.e. kilobitsper second) then

1.Make a complaint at 1218

2. Contact the person that is responsible for your area at exchange

if it doesnt help then goto exchange

kb/s and kbps is the same thing, kb with a small b stands for bit whereas kB with a big B stands for byte, 8bits=1byte. I don't think he made a mistake, i think he's really getting 400kilobits per second

Isn't 400 KB/s, speed for 2Mbps connection?

Unless he meant 400 kbps, which means he's getting 50 KB/s (512K connection)

He meant he is getting 400kbps(which is still low compared to the OLD Package of 512kbps) instead of 1024 kbps.....these are speeds as advertised by ptcl ...

the calculation for kB/s is (which is the speed u see when downloading)

8 bits=1 byte

400= x

8x=400

x= 400/8

x=50kB/s

he is getting download speed of 50kB/s on a 400kbps connection which is still not optimum as it should be 512 kbps(with download speed of 64kB/s) which is still not upgraded to 1024 kbps!

In marketing point of view...

when u look for a hard-drive, you will only see 200GB(not 256) harddrive.... or 500GB (not 512) harddrive or 1TB (not 1024GB) harddrive.

Similarly, ISP's also follow such formats therefore, you will hardly get 64/64 KB

about nab's speed, try checking SNR/Noise Margin/Line Attenuation values