From where to buy .edu and .gov domains

I need to buy .edu domain for school. Can anyone suggest me from where i can buy .edu domain?

For my general knowledge, where to purchase .gov domain.?

Certain Domain extensions are restricted and require proof of affiliation - for example, .edu extensions require that the submitting organization prove that it is in fact an educational institution meeting the requirements for obtaining an EDU extension.

Similarly, .Gov extensions are highly controlled and the registrant must prove to the Registrar that they are in fact a bonafide State or Federal agency before the domain extension is granted.

(source:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_get_a_gov_domain_name)

but where to buy from?

You can't buy .edu or .gov from Pakistan. These Top Level Domain names or TLDs are reserved for use by Americans. The .edu TLD is for american educational institutes and the .gov for US govt. agencies and departments.

You can however buy .edu.pk and .gov.pk domains from PKNIC. According to PKNIC's site you need to be a representative of an educational institute in Pakistan to register a .edu.pk. .gov.pk can only be purchased by Pakistani government departments and not by the general public.

I gone through PKNIC website before coming here, but i have not find relevant information there. thats why i asked here. Thanks.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
You can't buy .edu or .gov from Pakistan. These Top Level Domain names or TLDs are reserved for use by Americans. The .edu TLD is for american educational institutes and the .gov for US govt. agencies and departments.

You can however buy .edu.pk and .gov.pk domains from PKNIC. According to PKNIC's site you need to be a representative of an educational institute in Pakistan to register a .edu.pk. .gov.pk can only be purchased by Pakistani government departments and not by the general public.

[/quote]

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I gone through PKNIC website before coming here, but i have not find relevant information there. thats why i asked here. Thanks.
[/quote]

You can’t register a .edu domain from PKNIC, they can only register .edu.pk for you. What information do you exactly need?

Buy from namecheap.com

We can help you with your registration of an "edu.pk" domain name for a school website.