FREE DOMAIN registration?

A Pakistan based hosting company is offering free domain registration with all of its web hosting plan !! u can see all informations regarding this at http://www.xibersoft.com

Any body who has a valuble domain ? Wana sale ? Please contact me at azeem10@gmail.com

Thanx

i think he iz spamim........

He must be marketing or sales staff

I am an IT EXPERT. I am working since last 18 years. U may ask me any IT related question specially in the following fields:

1) Domain laws (Many people confused for domain transfer, domain renewal rules & regulations)

2) DNS (Domain name server) Settings.

3) Valualbe Domain names (How to check that a domain valuable or not with respect to selling point of view, as u know pizza.com has recently sold out in $2.6 million)

4) Google page Rank checker, traffic report of any web site, backlinks of any web site, How to check any web site in past history means if u want to see how was a web site in year 2005 u can do it), how can u check "link popularity" for a web site (means u can check how many links r added in Google, Yahoo, Live, AltaVista search engines)

Thanx

alright then what command gives an application root access in linux even noobs know this one =D

" even noobs know this one" means u know nobody knows it so why u r wasting your time to ask these type of questions instead of doing some useful work if u have ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

" even noobs know this one" means u know nobody knows it so why u r wasting your time to ask these type of questions instead of doing some useful work if u have ?
[/quote]

you said to ask any question and i did and a very easy one

if u cant answer it just say so no harm in that

[/quote]

dude i just started usin linux a month a go and even i know tht… and u were sayin u r in IT field for 18 years… dude i wil get 18 next may…

I am an IT EXPERT. I am working since last 18 years. U may ask me any IT related question specially in the following fields:

1) Domain laws (Many people confused for domain transfer, domain renewal rules & regulations)

3) Valualbe Domain names (How to check that a domain valuable or not with respect to selling point of view, as u know pizza.com has recently sold out in $2.6 million)

4) Google page Rank checker, traffic report of any web site, backlinks of any web site, How to check any web site in past history means if u want to see how was a web site in year 2005 u can do it), how can u check “link popularity” for a web site (means u can check how many links r added in Google, Yahoo, Live, AltaVista search engines)

Thanx

[/quote]

What, are you still living in the 90’s? Or you think we are living in the 90’s?

alright then what command gives an application root access in linux even noobs know this one =D
[/quote]

sudo

ha! I couldn’t control myself!

sudo

ha! I could control myself!

[/quote]

Some distros also use ‘su’ but I think that might just be an alias for the whole command.

Some distros also use ‘su’ but I think that might just be an alias for the whole command.

[/quote]

both sudo and su can be used their both almost the same

both sudo and su can be used their both almost the same

[/quote]

:D i have only used linux for few hours!

had to learn that command coz i was stuck with linux and couldn’t boot into windows!

Well this is really not on-topic but relevant to the discussion context:

sudo = perform next command as super user

su = change shell to super user shell

Some distributions like Ubuntu do now allow "su"....in such cases, you have to use either sudo (for single commands) or issue "sudo su" to gain access to root shell

Some distributions like Ubuntu do now allow “su”…in such cases, you have to use either sudo (for single commands) or issue “sudo su” to gain access to root shell

[/quote]

That’s right … I often use su to change user too. Both are self-explanatory though - at least to linux users (geeks? :lol:) …

Why is this topic still here? It should be in the Websites section.

Some distributions like Ubuntu do now allow “su”…in such cases, you have to use either sudo (for single commands) or issue “sudo su” to gain access to root shell

[/quote]

the question was:

alright then what command gives an application root access in linux even noobs know this one big_smile

an application root access, there is no such command AFAIK as this is not vista where you right click and click on run as administrator!

so the sudo command looks more appropriate as an answer to that question!

Yeap...sudo it is...

I have been using linux since last 2-3 months. "sudo" and "su" unlike someone said above are not any aliases but they are completely different commands or binaries. Sudo is a newer and somewhat more secure utility towards the approach of obtaining root access. su (although some may argue it being less secure) is almost equal to using sudo with -i option. Main difference is that sudo allows one to type the user password to gain root privileges, hence being more secure while the 'su' only accepts the root password (disabled by default on some distros). Also the sudo allows finer grained control through /etc/sudoers configuration file.

azeem10 :-) with his 18 yrs exp (cough.. cough..) might shed some more light on this :-)

4) Google page Rank checker, traffic report of any web site, backlinks of any web site, How to check any web site in past history means if u want to see how was a web site in year 2005 u can do it), how can u check “link popularity” for a web site (means u can check how many links r added in Google, Yahoo, Live, AltaVista search engines)

Thanx

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OH MY GOD! Hahahaha!

What kinda IT EXPERT are you? You are barely an expert! First you tried to sell stupid domains to us with NO required information what-so-ever. You do NOT need to be an expert to know what you are “offering” to tell people here. This is a Technology forum dude, people with tech-related knowledge are not scarce here. You might wana try gup shup or dating forums for that :D

What the HECK have you been doing for the last 18 years!? Your only knowledge seems to be around domain marketing, selling and buying and even that is pathetic as your sales pitch is absolutely rubbish and my dog (if I had any) with no IT knowledge could do better than that (how cool would that be!? I’d be a millionaire if I had a talking dog)

Your point 1, 2 and 3 are completely useless. I know where you can buy even more valueable domains (sitepoint.com anyone!?) and what the hell is up with your domain laws!? You make it sound like one needs 18 years of experience to understand this crap! Hahahaha

As for your 4th offer here is my input that I learned in my intial 18 days of SEO experience

- Google pagerank checker

Your Google Toolbar shows Page Rank for each site that you visit. You can turn it on and off. Install the Google Search Toolbar and turn it on. The green bar tells it all. And if that’s not enought then…

http://www.digpagerank.com/ -

Or search for the term page rank and you’ll get MILLIONS of results

- To check Traffic Report

http://www.alexa.com

- Backlinks of any website (which is same as Link Popularity)

Use the link operator on any search engine. For example type link:www.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual URL) and press Search and you’ll have the complete report

- To check the old version of any website

http://www.archive.org/

- And here is an extra that I am throwing for people so they won’t waste their precious time reading your crap

If you want to see how many pages of your site are indexed in Google or Yahoo

Use the SITE: operator. Just like the link operator, only replace link: with site: followed by your domain and there, you have got the report.

There, I bet there are at least 10 people who will learn your 18 years of experience in less than 18 minutes!

Are we now going to get expert advice from jerks like these? Mods, please, do something about such scammers!!! They consume precious hosting space :s