Free all the way to Canada

(Was posted on WCCK)

-

Free all the way to Canada

RAWALPINDI, July 28: An employee of PIA took the national carrier’s slogan of “Come Fly With Us” to his heart and stole a free ride on PK-781 to Canada this week and sought asylum there.

A source told Dawn that Sarfraz Tanoli, assigned to help the sick and old passengers to board or disembark a flight at the Islamabad airport, used his aircraft access privileges to get into a Toronto-bound PIA 777 on Friday.

The source said the loader slipped into one of the toilets, changed his uniform and remained there until he was sure that the plane had covered a long distance with no possibility of turning back to drop him.

On reaching Toronto, Mr Tanoli contacted the immigration authorities and sought asylum, the source added.

A spokesman for the PIA, Mohammad Latif, confirmed the incident and said experts were investigating on different lines to trace out the channel the helper had used to embark the flight.

“We have been trying to bring him back and to trace the people behind him,” the spokesman said.

A top-level investigation has been launched to ascertain as to how a PIA loader flew to Canada from Islamabad on a scheduled PIA flight and later applied for asylum.

According to the spokesman, there was no deadline for the investigation, however, a report will be sent to the PIA head office in Karachi to fix the responsibility, if anybody’s involvement was proved.

The source said as part of the inquiry, the authorities had been questioning the PIA staffers, who were on duty on Friday, and also examining the service record of Mr Tanoli.

-

http://www.dawn.com/2008/07/29/nat16.htm

:lol: This guy is brave :lol:

The guy is brave without doubt, but where were the airport officials who check passport and visa etc?

Can't blame Mr. Tanoli, My best wishes to him and good luck to him, He has all the right to better his life, In a country where people like Mr. 10% and Sharif brothers are living in air conditioned mansions and driving around in Mercedez freely with billions in people's money, what chance this poor loader Mr. Tanoli and his family has to succeed, at least he'll be justly rewarded for his hard work in Canada.

Mr. Tanoli good luck, you rightly deserve asylum 'cause you are in true sense refugee.

^ But thats just one man, what about the rest of the suffering country? And some people are still crying without thinking "Judiciary this judiciary that". I mean seriously country has got a hell lot more serious problems than that.

Sorry for off-topic post though, couldn't help it.

:lol: … But what’s the point of doing that!

@arshadmunir: Just because a handful of people are corrupt in the country does not automatically give everyone else the right to be corrupt and dishonest. People work very hard to emigrate to other countries for a better standard of living, and they DO succeed. He just took the easy way out.

if u people will encourage him for his effort then i think you are telling people to run away out of this country instead of staying here and strugle for the development of country if the country is at critical point

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@arshadmunir: Just because a handful of people are corrupt in the country does not automatically give everyone else the right to be corrupt and dishonest. People work very hard to get emigrate to other countries for a better standard of living, and they DO succeed. He just took the easy way out.
[/quote]

My man from canada please answer my simple question, Mr Tanoli is a poor loader from pakistan, look at the economic situation in pakistan and also the political drama, coming from country like Pakistan does Mr. Tanoli fulfill the criteria of your country for asylum YES or NO?

The way he got there I agree with you that its not the right way, but desperation make people do things you can’t imagine in when you have a well fed stomach.

good luck to that dude. he deserves to enjoy his life in a better environment. he took the risk and succeeded.

Wrong is wrong and dont appreciate those wrong activites which also give bad publicity to Paksitan and all Pakistanis and dont forget that we are all also Pakistanis.

that's not bravery that's corruption!

that’s not bravery that’s corruption!
[/quote]

how it is corruption?

how it is corruption?

[/quote]

he misused his power (not exactly power but his post)

he misused his power (not exactly power but his post)

[/quote]

saad man come on yar i don’t want to get into this typical ghissi pitti stuff man. be happy for the man, he took so much risk just imagine how miserable his life would have been here, and on top of it if he would have been caught at the airport or airplane would have turned around just imagine what govt would have done to him.

saad man come on yar i don’t want to get into this typical ghissi pitti stuff man. be happy for the man, he took so much risk just imagine how miserable his life would have been here, and on top of it if he would have been caught at the airport or airplane would have turned around just imagine what govt would have done to him.

[/quote]

how do u know his life wont be miserable in kanadda?

^

^

this topic is unnecessarily dragging, just wait and see what happens to him in coming days, anything we talk beyond what we have read in news article would be speculation. when new news will come out i thinks then we should further this debate.

Qasam khuda ki yaroo

yeh log jo mulk chor ker bhag jate hain aur foreign countries main ja ker paise ke liye jitney mehnat kerte hain ager itni mehnat usi kaam per pakistan main karein tau Pakistan USA se b agey nikal jaey

sory for roman urdu cuz thts what my heart said

[/quote]

that’s a different story altogether but what i posted is a fact, don’t you agree?

that’s a different story altogether but what i posted is a fact, don’t you agree?

[/quote]

yeah i agree with saad he abused his power

Yeah I agree too. But unfortunately very few people in Pakistan don't abuse their power.