Fraud or "hidden offer" of 3 months internet for 2 months payment?

From last few months, I am getting phone calls from a person from a franchise in Rawalpindi, who is offering me an "offer" that if I pay him 2 months advance payment of monthly bill then I'll get 3 months of internet (one month free). He insisted that somebody will come to my home to collect the money. I find it suspicious because I don't see any such promotion on Wateen's website. And as usual, Wateen's customer service is so lame to clarify on it and their answer is ambiguous.

Do any of you got such offer through phone call?

Does anyone avail such offer? Was it legit or fraud?

Because I suspect such promotional offer without any reference on website as fraud. What do you guys think?

no company collects money in cash outside of its branches, its clearly looks fraud don't fall in his trape,

[quote=“wampyr, post:, topic:”]

From last few months, I am getting phone calls from a person from a franchise in Rawalpindi, who is offering me an "offer" that if I pay him 2 months advance payment of monthly bill then I'll get 3 months of internet (one month free). He insisted that somebody will come to my home to collect the money. I find it suspicious because I don't see any such promotion on Wateen's website. And as usual, Wateen's customer service is so lame to clarify on it and their answer is ambiguous.

Because I suspect such promotional offer without any reference on website as fraud. What do you guys think?

[/quote]

I amazed that you had to ask this .... :D

I guess Chuna lagwaney ke mood main hain app bhi :P

[quote=“wampyr, post:, topic:”]

[/quote]

Yes, this offer is 100% valid. I can say this because I availed this offer myself. Actually it is kind of tricky offer, you need to pay 3 months in advance and you'll get 4th month for free.

I cannot explain it how they make it sound like you're paying for 2 months advance and will get 3rd month free, but its actually different.

I paid 3 months payment and got 4th month free then again recently I paid 3 months advance and will get 4th month for free :)

Secondly, Wateen now offering its customers to get their account recharged at their doorstep, you don't need to go to buy scratch cards. Just call helpline and they will send you their representative of your area. Once the representative come you can save his contact number and next time just give him "missed call" to come and recharge :)

When he will be recharging your account, you'll instantly receive SMS alert about the payment, its like, "Dear Customer, Rs. xxxx has been transferred to your account successfully, receipt number is xxxxx". Then you can give payment to the representative, otherwise wait for the SMS or you can check your account balance on selfcare.wateen.com too.

For example you pay 1000 Rupees per month, then with the 3 months payment you'll be paying Rs. 3000 but your selfcare.wateen.com account should show Rs. 4000, it shows that you'll get the 4th month for free.

Hope my detailed reply will help you and others :)

Pakistan zindabad

You can send me all payments in advance. Please PM me for details.

Thanks

Send me 3 months electricity bill payments in advance and you will get 3 extra months free electricity

Pm me your details my man will collect the cash

I'll give you 6 months free if you pay for 3 months in advance.

[quote=“attock, post:5, topic:21265”]

You can send me all payments in advance. Please PM me for details.

Thanks

[/quote]

[quote="armada, post:6, topic:21265"]

Send me 3 months electricity bill payments in advance and you will get 3 extra months free electricity

Pm me your details my man will collect the cash

[/quote]

[quote="attock, post:7, topic:21265"]

I'll give you 6 months free if you pay for 3 months in advance.

[/quote]

I think I have explained everything clearly about it, now you guys are wasting your time arguing about it.

Now they are giving 4 months free if u r paying 6 months in advance :)

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:9, topic:21265”]

Now they are giving 4 months free if u r paying 6 months in advance :)

[/quote]

Yes, Wateen representative just called me and told me about this AMAZING offer. Its really great offer but paying 6 month's payment will be huge amount :(

I pay 1,767 Rupees per month, so 6 months advance payment would be 10,602 Rupees... I am thinking to borrow from someone :D

Are you going to get this offer?

i think they are in need of money :) 66% savings !

one will save 66 percent if he is gona pay 6 months in advance (including the current month too)

I have been informed of this offer multiple times in past by their CSR, and also through calls (allegedly) from their offices like you said.

After their recent offer of 4 months free line rent as Nadeem mentioned, they have updated their site to reflect these: http://www.wateen.com/forme/latest-promotions/free-internet-offer/

I once availed the 1 month free promotion. They add your package's line rent (minus the monthly rent of device I think) in advance after you have deposited 3 months worth of line rent in your account during a single month. I always use WCards to pay my bills, so didn't have to worry about getting scammed at the door, though I am aware that they do offer doorstep bill payment services.

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:11, topic:21265”]

i think they are in need of money :) 66% savings !

[/quote]

May be... but at least their offers are for "current" customers and not only for "new" customers just like PTCL who always make exciting offers to attract new customers and don't care about their existing customers.

I am BIG fan of Wateen :)

yes wateen is number one wiMax with 99 percent uptime

they can give one more thing to existing clients . the double speed in night times :)

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:15, topic:21265”]

they can give one more thing to existing clients . the double speed in night times :)

[/quote]

Are they offering double speed at night or you are suggesting this offer?

i said "CAN"