Formatting Drive within XP, removes viruses?

I have formatted my D: drive frm within XP

I want to know that will the all viruses be deleted within the D: drive?

If virus is already resident in your system then it will not bcoz it will replicate into other drives again.

viruses are in drive c dear where windows is present... so formatting c will remove virus so u have to install windows again .... as far as i know about it virus occurs in c drive and formatting it will remove it .................

If u formated the drive D then virus might be in Drive C ? Best option is to run virus scan , Formating every other day doesnt gonna work

I have already formatted C: and Installed a fresh copy of windows but my other 3 drives are left and I am formatting it through windows itself

^ Then formatting may remove viruses if u have not accessed those drives still yet.

just do this: first of all format all drives except c then install windows then without installing any programe just run anti virus and then ur pc will be in damn good position..... i had too many problems with my pc nothing cured but this method did all well try it .....:)

Reinstalling windows doesn't help in these cases b'coz virus might be in some other drive.

If you don't have data in your drives do as following:

Repartition hard disk while installing windows and you will be free of viruses.

But if you have data in your drives then try getting a proper anti-virus, imo get Avast it has helped me alot.

Before formatting I scanned my pc with nod and was all clean except Operating memory

I formatted C: installed new windows and formatted the other drives from with-in XP

Now, the operating memory trojan is gone and after updating to latest virus signature, I will perform a full scan

ya avast is realy good it helped me too alot

The Easiest way:

1. copy your antivirus to your usb disk.

2. format your c:

3. install windows on c:

4. connect your usb disk & safely open it & install the antivirus on your c:

5. scan all your other drives (including the usb disk) with your antivirus.

6. delete any founded virus.

You're done.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The Easiest way:

1. copy your antivirus to your usb disk.

2. format your c:

3. install windows on c:

4. connect your usb disk & safely open it & install the antivirus on your c:

5. scan all your other drives (including the usb disk) with your antivirus.

6. delete any founded virus.

You’re done.

[/quote]

I have done the exact thing but befor step 5, I have formatted all drives