Forgetting the password at startup?

If one forgets the password for the start-up of XP then what should one do??Provided

The SAFE MODE is also password protected!!!!

No software can be run and the WINDOWS CD is also unavailable!!!:|

Do you mean a Windows XP password or a BIOS password that comes before the OS is loaded?

For the XP password try Ophcrack - here's a how-to. In case of a BIOS password I think you would need to do a hardware 'crack.' I think it's something to do with the battery and CMOS...

^I am talking about XP START-UP PASSWORD!!!

when xp just starts...!!

No CD is allowed..no software..You are suggesting a solution by using software but i am asking without software...

^^The password you use for logging in?

try this, hit ctrl+Alt+Del twice and login box will appear put the username as Administrator, press Enter, remove the password of the said account, I tried that and it worked.

U software, no CD ? Do u mean a hardware solution.

Ophcrack is a program that you have to write to a CD and boot off of. I don't think there is another reliable solution other than that. If you had the Administrator account enabled, that probably doesn't have a password set, so try what FaKeeRa said.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^^The password you use for logging in?
[/quote]

perfectly!!!

download Hiren's boot CD. it has many tools for different things. it has a software which can reset the windows XP password for any user. It uses some linux method for doing this. I have been using this CD for a while.