For 2011 any news if LDN will increase the speed?

for 2011 any news if LDN will increase the speed?

I didn't heared anything like that.

May be if PTCL did than no option left for them too.

ptcl would need to offer 2mbps at 1000 rs in order for LDN to take action

^Have you ever got some time to check LDN rates?

Their rates are equal to PTCL but their service and CS is far better than PTCL.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

their service and CS is far better than PTCL.
[/quote]

their CS is annoying as hell…

- they send me s-hit load of emails, that PDF monthly bill sometimes i get 3 emails for same month bill.

- if you call them the customer survey emails for the call i made to them WTF even sometimes later i get 3 to phone calls back for the survey along with emails

- and most annoying is that two times a month they restrict my internet with LDN homepage reminder that the next month bill is due and thats starting like 25th when new month is not even started, if i am away from computer and something is downloading the it will get stuck until i manually fill out the form on that page.

- 50 rupees extra charge for the guy to pick up money from my home while MAXCOM (KARACHI) and WORLDCALL pick up money from home at no extra charge.

Well in Jhelum we are quite satisfied with their system.

No need to get the bill in email.

We pay the bill in Meezan Bank (they have vouchers) on time and send them a snapshot (taken by mobile camera)in email and our DSL never gets off.

You didn't share your city.

And if you are not happy then you can always try to find some alternate.

^Have you ever got some time to check LDN rates?

Their rates are equal to PTCL but their service and CS is far better than PTCL.

[/quote]

yes i do know that is why i said PTCL needs to offer 2mbps at 1000 rs to drive LDN into competition. Becuase LDN has better rates than PTCL they are giving 30% discount to any one.

Well in Jhelum we are quite satisfied with their system.

No need to get the bill in email.

We pay the bill in Meezan Bank (they have vouchers) on time and send them a snapshot (taken by mobile camera)in email and our DSL never gets off.

You didn’t share your city.

And if you are not happy then you can always try to find some alternate.

[/quote]

i am in karachi, as for alternate well PTCL got great offers but again if something goes wrong then getting it fixed from giant bureaucracy like PTCL is scary. for example i had MAXCOM (local ISP) before LDN they had the great service but few months back they were bought out by PTCL then the service went into the gutter thats the reason i changed to LDN. and there is WORLDCALL they got disconnection problems due to load shedding no electric then no internet since their junction boxes run on electric from electric company and their backup batteries which those junction boxes died years ago and they haven’t put the new ones in. so i guess so far i got no other choice

Email LDN regularly. afaka ho ga. :)

LDN can't compete PTCL

LDN can’t compete PTCL
[/quote]

They can if Mobilink is eager to help them upgrade their infrastructure.Their service is very good (I am using it right now) and the aftersale support is even better.If only they support ONU lines,then they will become a real competitor for PTCL.After all,we need more competition.

mbhashmi, what pings are you getting from europe and chicago servers? do you have any data loss issue?

- and most annoying is that two times a month they restrict my internet with LDN homepage reminder that the next month bill is due and thats starting like 25th when new month is not even started, if i am away from computer and something is downloading the it will get stuck until i manually fill out the form on that page.

[/quote]

Agreed to this. Its so bloody annoying. Its strange that they start asking money like beggars 7 days “before” the due date! Its very annoying specially when browsing the web on an Android device. :(

But their service is alright and my experience with their CS has been satisfactory until now.

mbhashmi, what pings are you getting from europe and chicago servers? do you have any data loss issue?
[/quote]

I will post the result as soon as I overcome the “unable to perform package loss test” error at pingtest.net

Recent rumors and from some PTCL and LDN employees I have confirmed that PTCL and Linkdotnet are doubling customers Internet speed.

1Mb = 2Mb (In PTCL one MB package will not be upgraded)

2MB = 4MB

4MB = 6MB

For Linkdotnet they will double students package speed too, for PTCL I am not sure but yes.

Linkdotnet and PTCL have started doubling customers speeds in phases. Some PTCL customers have already gotten double speed. And some Linkdotnet users can also see double speed information for their DSL in DSL modem connection status screen, but their speed is not double yet. My own Linkdotnet speed is showing 2MB to my 1MB student package since last two or three weeks, but I have tested speed with speedtest.net it is still 1MB. Today I sent PTCL double speed information SMS to one of Linkdotnet employee and he replied that Linkdotnet will also double speeds soon.

In Pakistan DSL internet is already cheap even compared to popular internet country USA (According to a survey in past), but now Pakistanis will get even more speed connections in same old price.

[quote=“MbHashmi, post:11, topic:13584”]

They can if Mobilink is eager to help them upgrade their infrastructure.Their service is very good (I am using it right now) and the aftersale support is even better.If only they support ONU lines,then they will become a real competitor for PTCL.After all,we need more competition.

[/quote]

Your kidding right ?

[quote=“Faisal, post:16, topic:13584”]

Your kidding right ?

[/quote]

about mobilink helping LDN or their services?

[quote=“nirma1230, post:15, topic:13584”]

Recent rumors and from some PTCL and LDN employees I have confirmed that PTCL and Linkdotnet are doubling customers Internet speed.

1Mb = 2Mb (In PTCL one MB package will not be upgraded)

2MB = 4MB

4MB = 6MB

For Linkdotnet they will double students package speed too, for PTCL I am not sure but yes.

Linkdotnet and PTCL have started doubling customers speeds in phases. Some PTCL customers have already gotten double speed. And some Linkdotnet users can also see double speed information for their DSL in DSL modem connection status screen, but their speed is not double yet. My own Linkdotnet speed is showing 2MB to my 1MB student package since last two or three weeks, but I have tested speed with speedtest.net it is still 1MB. Today I sent PTCL double speed information SMS to one of Linkdotnet employee and he replied that Linkdotnet will also double speeds soon.

In Pakistan DSL internet is already cheap even compared to popular internet country USA (According to a survey in past), but now Pakistanis will get even more speed connections in same old price.

[/quote]

Thats a great rumor! Finally they are planning to increase their speed.So sad that I am not one of the first to get the upgraded speed :(

[quote=“MbHashmi, post:17, topic:13584”]

about mobilink helping LDN or their services?

[/quote]

No, about competing PTCL… using PTCL’s infrastructure … As far as I know All the DSL ISPs use PTCL’s line to provide DSL. (That includes Nayatel as well which has its own laid fiber and GPON network in ISB). I wouldn’t even call it comparison let alone competition

[quote=“Faisal, post:19, topic:13584”]

No, about competing PTCL… using PTCL’s infrastructure … As far as I know All the DSL ISPs use PTCL’s line to provide DSL. (That includes Nayatel as well which has its own laid fiber and GPON network in ISB). I wouldn’t even call it comparison let alone competition

[/quote]

Yeah…that part slipped off my mind.But just like WorldCall did by laying out their own cable broadband infrastructure, it is possible that LDN can do that.One can only hope :).