Fluorescent lights flicker when Water pump turns on

In a new house that i have moved in to, the lights flicker when the water pump turns on. Can anyone please tell what can be the problem and how to troubleshoot it?

[quote=“generaluser, post:, topic:”]

In a new house that i have moved in to, the lights flicker when the water pump turns on. Can anyone please tell what can be the problem and how to troubleshoot it?

[/quote]

pump is taking a low of power...how big is it? try replacing it with a smaller one...

ask some electrician to help you out, don't ever experiment with electricity and try to be a pro.

Just one horse power!

and no i am not experiementing myself but the technicians here are idiots and are not able to solve such problems. I hope to get some ideas from this forum about what it possibly can be and then guide the technician about it.

Are yours are single phase or 3 phase, just put the pump connection on another phase and see flickering gone or not.

Could be any of a number of issues. Try changing the phase the motor is currently connected to and check if the voltage on each phase is correct and within range.

also possible,

your wires are unable to handle the load. wires are thin/small for capacity.

voltage is low in your house.

check the connection in meter , i am facing the problem because the wire connected to meter is not tight , so when i put load lights flickers...

Its a Low Voltage problem

or most importantly; check if you have proper Neutral wire connected.

Thanks guys for your help.

The problem was with one phase and i will get the motor shifted to the other.