Fluorescent blacklight

AOA,

where would i be able to find blacklight bulbs (the ones that emit UV light) in karachi???

If I'm not wrong, you can make those yourself (if you want it for a night-time disco-party thing thing). You just need some material.

I remember reading it a long while back - Google it! :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

AOA,

where would i be able to find blacklight bulbs (the ones that emit UV light) in karachi???

[/quote]

Get an unexposed X-Ray negative film. Expose it and use it to filter all light except “black-light” from ordinary light. I guess it will work, I am not sure.

Btw i went to a gaming club in my town

and there he had some kinda light which showed every white colour glow like blue...

it was realy amazing..

my trouser had white stripes and it all glowed like blue..

can u tell me what was that?

Btw i went to a gaming club in my town

and there he had some kinda light which showed every white colour glow like blue…

it was realy amazing…

my trouser had white stripes and it all glowed like blue…

can u tell me what was that?

[/quote]

That was “black-light”. Basically it’s near ultraviolet (UVA).

It shows many things hidden from normal light, for example “biological” stains on cloths (even after washing from mild soap) :D

They are available in Saddar, the electronic market, cant remember the name. Near abdullah haroon road.

@wampyr

lol.. thats what i'm talking about.. neither am i sure about the x-ray film thingy.. but i might give it a go.

@shoukat

yes bro, that effect is caused by blacklight which u often see in bowling alleys etc.

@shaheerk

yes i've asked a friend to bring me UV LED, so i'll try to make it myself.. will upload the pics if things go according to the plan.

thanks everybody.... some more responces would be appreciated.

@executionist

thanks bro, i'll try finding it there.

@riazsaad

The X-Ray negative film is actually for cheap way to make a filter to block light except near UV. However, to get effects like ShoukaT then you must get proper light for it. Ask for it in your city's local electronic market.

@wampyr

i'll try to find the light but if i dont succeed in doing that then will the UV LEDs be able to perform the job??

@wampyr

i’ll try to find the light but if i dont succeed in doing that then will the UV LEDs be able to perform the job??

[/quote]

There are two kind of UV LEDs in market. Commons are those LED that give near UV light, including visible light. It means that you’ll be able to blue-violet light (using naked eye) coming out of LED. While it also emit near UV range too.

The other UV LED (expensive ones) are real UV emitters. You won’t see any difference by naked eye to tell whether LED is on or off. Only UV camera/goggles can see in them (especially in complete darkness).

I guess you would be looking for first type of LEDs (they emits blue-violet light along with UVA) to get effect that ShoukaT had or what is shown on TV/movies.

But remember that LED has focus of 30 degree angel. You should try to get UV florescent bulb/tube or incandescent bulb. UV florescent bulb will give you the effect mentioned by ShoukaT because of it has visible blue-violet and ambient light effects.

@wampyr

thanks for the elaborate reply bro. thats very helpful.

Oh - and if you want to have a little bit of fun, smile when the UV light is on, and check out your teeth XD

What kind of of The UV light which is used in Mosquito Killer Trap?

[quote=“zed2, post:14, topic:4900”]

[/quote]

205536.jpg

The normal UV tube is used in the Mosquito killer trap.

What is price is this Normal UV tube separately?

[quote=“zed2, post:14, topic:4900”]

[/quote]

Oh please, don’t use this light+electricity to kill mosquitoes. It will kill all bugs (including good bugs) but mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are not attracted to light. Mosquitoes are attracted to human “scent”, CO2 (human’s exhale it) and warmth of human body. But the most important is human body’s odor that attract mosquitoes which these light+electricity don’t have it.

In first world, there are some machines available that burn (very small flame) propane/methane (human body warmth) along with human odor, burning propane/methane also produces CO2, all these things attract mosquitoes and a trap awaits to kill them. Making of such machine is not that difficult.

wampyr thanks for such advice, I was planning to use this light for mosquito killing