Flickering CRT SCREEN

i bought a brand new 17" philips crt 4-5 months back.... currenlty its workin fine but the edges satrted to flicker ..... or vibrate wth ever u like to call it... well its not a big issue but if you are a person like me who spends a major part of da day on the computer this get a little annoying....

wht could this be????

should i claim it under waranty???

where do you take philips moniters for waranty???

Could be something wrong with the power. Check all (yes, all) plugs connected to or near your computer are tight and fixed properly. For example, if I move my printers plug even a little bit, the picture on my monitor starts waving, so it could be something like that.

Increase refresh rate of your monitor if it supports it. Go to Display Settings > Advanced, look for Refresh Rate there, have it at 70 at least. 17" should support that refresh rate. Remember to check the box that says HIDE REFRESH RATES which are not supported by the monitor

---

Right click Desktop then click Properties > Display Settings > Advanced Settings > Monitor, make sure there's a check the box that says, "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" then select 70 Hertz or more and the flickering problem should disappear.

Hope that helps you.

sk90y, check if ur speakers are too close to ur monitor, the magnetic field can create interference and u'll see flickering display. Also check if there aren't any power adapters anywhere near the monitor, caz if they aren't shielded well, they can interfere with the monitor.

@joker

well i m usin ubuntu and already havin issues with resolution setttins but ill try the refresh rate in windows first curently i m usnin 65 both on ubuntu and XP

@ wzub

i changed my moniter's power cord a litle while back when i noticed this first time.... didnt help.... ok will try it again..

@AbbasJin

ok my speaker are placed away from my moniter... any way i dont use speakers much mostly use headphones..... cuz i dont like others to get disturbed....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ wzub

i changed my moniter’s power cord a litle while back when i noticed this first time… didnt help… ok will try it again…

[/quote]

It won’t necessarily be the monitors own power cord. If you’ve got your things hooked up to an extension wire or even a stabilizer, any loose connection will cause the screen to flicker. Check all the connections for stuff attached to your PC. Printer, scanner, speakers, whatever.

^ oki will do....

u can try:

-increasing the refresh rate. if it doesnt solve the problem, decrease the resolution.

-If your monitor has a degauss function, use it once in a while

Solved or not sk90y?

^

yaar i m busy these days... when i do get farigh i do not have energy to check anythin so i just boot my PC instead....

will tell u when i do test it... INSHALLAH today

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

u can try:

-increasing the refresh rate. if it doesnt solve the problem, decrease the resolution.

-If your monitor has a degauss function, use it once in a while

[/quote]

well i have tried all of these suggestions when i first noticed this issue… plus my moniter degaus itself every time it turns ON. i am usin 1280x940 in XP and 800x600 in ubuntu… the resresh rate in xp is 50 and in ubuntu its 65…

plus i have been usin 1280x940 @ 65 in xp since i bought this moniter a few months back…