Flea powder spray for cats and home

Is there some flea powder or spray available for cats and home? My cat is a real dirty one.....roams outside....and it has lots of fleas which then roam freely in home :P

Can you suggest some solution like I have heard we can do vaccination of cats after which there will be no fleas!? Some kind of powder/spray available in local market which I can use on cat....and also for home like mortein mosquito killer which I can spray around in rooms!

^ You want to kill your cat ? :P Why don't get a dog :D

wash the cats with detol mixed in surf excel in a washing machine :P

@satan22o4

haha..yaar I don't want to kill it but its fleas

@yuronline

that washing part is the main problem...otherwise I would have done it....because it's a full grown cat...and it will certainly hit me with 'panjas' if I try to give it a bath! :P

you can find flea powder/sprays easily at 'upmarket' stores...otherwise you could always try your local vet they have stuff like this stocked...but I would not recommend the spray, you are liable to get hit by panjas :D...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Is there some flea powder or spray available for cats and home? My cat is a real dirty one…roams outside…and it has lots of fleas which then roam freely in home :P

Can you suggest some solution like I have heard we can do vaccination of cats after which there will be no fleas!? Some kind of powder/spray available in local market which I can use on cat…and also for home like mortein mosquito killer which I can spray around in rooms!

[/quote]

use Mortein Coopex powder … put it on the rug where he/she sits and the ticks,fleas wil die in no time and this product is very safe to use .cheers

^ never i repeat never do that

cats have curious noses and if the cat inhales that spray your cat is pretty much gone

to take care of flees just give your cat a bath with loads of shampoo mixed in the water do this every 2 days and your cat will be fine

edit: just read your post abt the panjas part theres a solution for that give the cat some bruefane the medicine that we use when we have a fever that should numb your cat a bit but dont give too much as it may be dangerous to your cat 2-3 drops will do it

^ bruefane for cats? What would do that? And why not aspirin or paracetamol. lol.

Flea & Tick powders for both dogs & cats are available from vets and at Aghas (Clifton, Schon Circle)

^ bruefane for cats? What would do that? And why not aspirin or paracetamol. lol.
[/quote]

usually its used on cats when they have a fever but sometimes it can also be used as a mild sedative

never give a cat asprin, it is toxic to cats...

oh and never give a cat chocolates to eat...they'll eat them, but it's toxic for them....now u know!! lol

anyways, if you're afraid of your cat's claws, you may need to tame your cat a lot more.

I've got a pretty fat but cute male cat (billa) and it goes crazy when i bring it near water, but it has never tried to use it's claws against me lol.....just calm it down by making soothing noises or kissing sounds (trust me it works) and calmly pour water on it and wash it real slow...it takes a lot of effort!

oh and don't pour water on the cat's face, use a wet sponge to dab the face and clean it.

Washed my cat yesterday and put flea powder :D

Will need to repeat it several times in coming days to fully remove fleas.

Is there some flea powder or spray available for cats and home? My cat is a real dirty one…roams outside…and it has lots of fleas which then roam freely in home :P

Can you suggest some solution like I have heard we can do vaccination of cats after which there will be no fleas!? Some kind of powder/spray available in local market which I can use on cat…and also for home like mortein mosquito killer which I can spray around in rooms!

[/quote]

use spray but it would be called “Re-Painted”