Flash Drive Not Working!

I hv a 2 gb lenovo flash drive, it was working fine since a few months but today when i tried to transfer data from one pc to another in my house each time i copied data and connected the flash drive to either pcs it the system asked me to format the drive as it was not formatted and adter i copied data and connected it to other pc the same message come the and i had to format it agin and i couldnt copy data

After trying a few times, the icon of removable disk just appeared in my computer after connecting flash drive but when i try to open it it says "please instert a disk into drive X", and it was the same thing on both pc's :s ! I cant even format the drive

So how do i access the flash drive, Any solutions?

Hmmm Well may be the Disk is getting dead or already dead. Search for format softwares on download.com May be it a good formating software may find your disk and format it. Also go to My Computer folder on Desktop. Right click go to manage- Then Disk management and see if you can see your drive.

did you put your flash drive near a cell phone and a call or sms came on cell phone..

if yes then .... it is damaged by the electromagnetic pulses from your phone.....

Try quick format and then data recovery.

May be there is a problem with your port. I have one such port too. Since you said the flash drive is working fine in one PC , the problem must be in the other one.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

did you put your flash drive near a cell phone and a call or sms came on cell phone…

if yes then … it is damaged by the electromagnetic pulses from your phone…

[/quote]

Can someone second this phenomenon?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Can someone second this phenomenon?

[/quote]

this does not sound very plausible…I mean most cell phones these days have flash memory cards inside them…besides I carry my flash drive in my pocket with my cell phone all the time…never faced any issues…

ok here is the deal

attach your flash 2 ur pc

play some song or video from flash so tht the flash is in working condition

make some call or other network activity like calling to 123

then put the cell phone near the flash

then see what happens then you will believe me...

flash is way different than memory cards...

\

dont believe me???

try ur self...

My port is not damaged as i tried connecting the flash drive on multiple PC's, i can see the drive on disk management but it shows 0 bytes total and free space and the format options are unavailable so i cant quick format or regular format it

its gone. pray for it now

Your best bet is now HP USB Format utility. If that fails, then I am afraid it is time to dump the little stick in the garbage can.

^ HP's utility might not do anything here

Try the flash drive in DOS with any bootable CD. Delete the partitions and make new one. See if this helps. It worked for me once with a flash drive in same problem.

Try the flash drive in DOS with any bootable CD. Delete the partitions and make new one. See if this helps. It worked for me once with a flash drive in same problem.

sorry for duplicate posts. my net is having some problems. thats y i have to click twice.