Fixing voltage stabilizer

i have a 2000W voltage stabilizer its input is working but output is not when i swtich it off then on output current comes for just only second and then gone what could be the problem?

voltage stabilizer has a card inside too which i think is faulty! can i remove the card and attach cables direct to each

please someone give me rough guide i'll fix it myself :unsure:

I am also facing such problem with my Voltage Stablizer

but i guess no one is going to help us people mostly living in major cities hates us thats why do don't reply in our threads

thats what we got as being a member on an paks top notch tech forum Thanks geeks

i as nob will take my voltage stabiller to mechanic tomorrow

please admin lock down this page

Instead of getting a "JHATKA" or "SHORT-CIRCUIT" going to a mechanic and spend Rs.200-300 is worthy.

i am running a deep freezer big one on 1000VA stabilizer ,believe me its working fantastic.

[quote=“armada, post:, topic:”]

i have a 2000W voltage stabilizer its input is working but output is not when i swtich it off then on output current comes for just only second and then gone what could be the problem?

voltage stabilizer has a card inside too which i think is faulty! can i remove the card and attach cables direct to each

please someone give me rough guide i’ll fix it myself :unsure:

[/quote]

Check if there is an output fuse somewhere. A broken wire inside can also cause this.

In order to repair this PCB, you need to have some tools and know how. If you have, I can help you repair it.

BTW: The relay on the board shows 5A current rating while stabilizer is 2000W, so if you had put some heavy load then relay contact might have burnt.

as a side not what is the functin of voltage stablizer ?

do i need it ? and for what ?

here in my house i always get 245 volts ac .. and sometimes high.. and i had a lot of devices damaged on itself..2 tv sets ,, one monitor .. some have just fuses blown other not sure .. still in need of repair..

and whats its technical name /

i have one lying in my house since last 2.5 decades ..we would be using it with sensitive equipement and it was giving jhatka/current so we stoped using it..

[quote=", post:7, topic:17311"]

Check if there is an output fuse somewhere. A broken wire inside can also cause this.

In order to repair this PCB, you need to have some tools and know how. If you have, I can help you repair it.

BTW: The relay on the board shows 5A current rating while stabilizer is 2000W, so if you had put some heavy load then relay contact might have burnt.

[/quote]

fuse is alright

But i had put heavy load on it while it was supplying power to a ups i pluged air cooler in it which i think is more than 300watts

can i change relay with more than 5A ratings? i don’t have soldering tools but if you do say i can get one its cheap in bazar

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:17311”]

fuse is alright

But i had put heavy load on it while it was supplying power to a ups i pluged air cooler in it which i think is more than 300watts

can i change relay with more than 5A ratings? i don’t have soldering tools but if you do say i can get one its cheap in bazar

[/quote]

If this is to be the first time you will be soldering something, I will not recommend.

Instead take it to some mechanic and ask him to change both relays. This kind of relay is about Rs. 30-50 only.

And remember, never fiddle with the adjustable resistors (variables) on the PCB. All the calibration (if any) will be screwed up and then you will need a Variac transformer to adjust it back.

my stablizer output is direct.i change the relay and timer ic but its same situation.when i switched on out put also shows on startup