Fiverr possible scam, please read and help if possible!

So, I'm back again, with an even more annoying problem. Possibly a scam. This happened to my friend who is not so good with withdrawal methods and stuff. He worked on Fiverr for a couple of months and earned $250 by selling gigs. Alright. Now when he tried to add his Payoneer MasterCard that he made via my referral link, Fiverr didn't allow him so his money was stuck. After writing to them several times and receiving no help, he noticed that his money was sent to a PayPal account. Now he is DAMN sure that he did NOT add a PayPal account EVER as he knows nothing about it.

Wrote to the customer support again and every time they give the same **** "you withdrew your funds to a PayPal account and we cannot give you its information because of the security reasons but you can log into your paypal account to CLAIM your funds as they are still showing as UNCLAIMED" I told them 10 times that PayPal doesnt exist in Pakistan and i have never entered a PayPal account in the Fiverr account so how were the funds sent to a PayPal account that does NOT exist??? I get no relevant response....

So.. I'm asking you guys who have worked on Fiverr, to help my friend, please. Any information or help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hamid

I don't know much about Fiverr but I do know that it is not a scam. If the funds were withdrawn, that means your friend's password and access credentials were used and that could be due to leak, trojan, telling someone else, or simply a too easily guessed password.

The responsibility to keep passwords safe and secure rests with the user.

Bottom line: The funds are GONE, and are not coming back, unless he somehow convinces Fiverr administration that his account was compromised and not due to his own mistake.

someone has entered his account and added their paypal address to withdraw the amount.

i know for a fact that fiverr doesn't scam because it is such a huge company and name now, i also worked there for more than 2 years.

the money is gone now and there is nothing your friend can do. just tell him to change his fiverr password.

money comes and goes

I have earned few thousand dollars on fiverr and withdrew using both payoneer card and paypal.

Fiverr asks for confirmation when you widthdraw amount by sending an email.

[quote=“forum, post:5, topic:21999”]

I have earned few thousand dollars on fiverr and withdrew using both payoneer card and paypal.

Fiverr asks for confirmation when you widthdraw amount by sending an email.

[/quote]

someone must have access to both his fiverr and email address. lot of people use the same password for every account on the internet, so if in this case someone had access to his fiverr he probably opened his email with the same password.

also ask the person to request fiverr to remove the pp account address from his account.

Sorry guys but ALL of you got it wrong. I think I didn't put it right... Here's the problem... The password is NOT compromised... The problem is that the funds are sent to a PAYPAL account that doesn't exist.. and the transaction shows as 'completed' in Fiverr. That's the real problem.

Let me put it this way. Fiverr shows that the funds are sent to a PayPal account with the same email that he used on Fiverr signup. Let's say that email is abcd@gmail.com. According to Fiverr, the funds are sent to a PayPal account with the same email i.e. abcd@gmail.com. While I AM SURE that NO PAYPAL account was ever entered as a mode of withdrawal in Fiverr.

Additionally, the funds are still unclaimed, if the account was compromised, The funds would have been claimed long ago. Need help from someone who uses Fiverr regularly.

Sign-up to PayPal using the same email address. If the transfer did indeed take place, Paypal must have sent an email to the same email address, which the user might have overlooked (or perhaps landed in SPAM and got deleted). Don't worry about Paypal not being available in Pakistan. Use some USA address.

This way at least you will have the amount claimed and available for online spending. Better this than no money at all.

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:8, topic:21999”]

Sign-up to PayPal using the same email address. If the transfer did indeed take place, Paypal must have sent an email to the same email address, which the user might have overlooked (or perhaps landed in SPAM and got deleted). Don't worry about Paypal not being available in Pakistan. Use some USA address.

This way at least you will have the amount claimed and available for online spending. Better this than no money at all.

[/quote]

Great idea. That's exactly what I was going to do, as a last resort. And yeah I know how to use PayPal in Pakistan, been using it for over a year or so.. :P

Also note that Paypal returns all unclaimed funds after 30 days. So, it could mean that fiverr.com will get the funds back, and will probably deposit them back to your account in fiverr. Or in worst case, it would mean that you will no longer be able to access the money even on PayPal.

It's just ridiculous how such BIG websites are defrauding people like this. Elance is a heaven from every aspect.

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. (2:153)