First time shopping online | cannot get package through:(

Hey guys:)

I hope i get some local help from my fellow pakistanis over here.

This is what my case is .

...i just recently brought an item from the website http://www.jamaicanb...castoroil.com/. I made the order on 5th of December and the site profile shows that my order is completed. The shipper says my package is sent via shipping method United States Postal Service - Priority Mail International. I have been given a tracking number or shipping label.

I click on the http://trkcnfrm1.smi...LabelInquiry.do on the site and its provide me with the status as under (screen shot provided below).

http://img825.images...712/testmei.png

On the screen shot you would see under the class section it says First class mail international so im also confused about the medium of transfer?

Today is 20th of December when i click on the site to track my status everything is same my status is not being updated it has been more then 15 days now and I'm worried :(.

When i try to query about my package via http://ep.gov.pk/track.asp I get an error message it says they don't have an item with such tracking id.

Is it normal to wait for such long? Any suggestions as what should i do next? I just fear not buying from amazon or ebay was a good idea:(..

Hmmm dude it does take time.. lets hope custom people didn't do anything to it.

Items containing liquids will almost certainly be held up at customs. If you're lucky, you will receive a notice from them saying that the item has been held and they will give you a tracking number; whereby you will need to go there and sort things out. Hopefully, your bottle will get through. Good luck!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The shipper says my package is sent via shipping method United States Postal Service - Priority Mail International. I have been given a tracking number or shipping label.

I click on the http://trkcnfrm1.smi…LabelInquiry.do on the site and its provide me with the status as under (screen shot provided below).

http://img825.images…712/testmei.png

On the screen shot you would see under the class section it says First class mail international so im also confused about the medium of transfer?

[/quote]

If you read the message in the screenshot, you will notice that USPS is clearly saying that it is just a reservation and does not mean that package has been handed over to USPS. This is just advance booking or intimation to obtain the receipt number.

Regarding the service “First Class International Mail”, this is the cheapest and having longest delivery time option without any tracking. Priority Mail (which shipper claims) takes 7-10 days to reach Pakistan.

Have a look to compare the different services for international shipping: http://www.uspsinternationalshipping.com/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

When i try to query about my package via http://ep.gov.pk/track.asp I get an error message it says they don’t have an item with such tracking id.

Is it normal to wait for such long? Any suggestions as what should i do next? I just fear not buying from amazon or ebay was a good idea:(…

[/quote]

I doubt if the package has been really shipped, wish you good luck.

Most probably this service “First Class International Mail” will reach after about 1.5-2.0 months.

[quote=“hashimk, post:3, topic:16209”]

Items containing liquids will almost certainly be held up at customs. If you’re lucky, you will receive a notice from them saying that the item has been held and they will give you a tracking number; whereby you will need to go there and sort things out. Hopefully, your bottle will get through. Good luck!

[/quote]

I don’t believe this sorrie man my sis buys tons of oils and such items you classify as liquids they all pass through and are received in perfect condition. I mean why would a castor oil bottle be opened in first place tis not nuclear fuel? right

[quote=“hashimk, post:3, topic:16209”]

Items containing liquids will almost certainly be held up at customs. If you’re lucky, you will receive a notice from them saying that the item has been held and they will give you a tracking number; whereby you will need to go there and sort things out. Hopefully, your bottle will get through. Good luck!

[/quote]

I don’t believe this sorrie man my sis buys tons of oils and such items you classify as liquids they all pass through and are received in perfect condition. I mean why would a castor oil bottle be opened in first place tis not nuclear fuel? right

[

The shipper says 14 days not 2.0 months. Anyhow, i read that this tracking number is not updated. It may very well be the case that items reaches you with that status still be in that given state. These scans are not updated to what i have been told. Probably if it was an express delivery i can get real-time updates.

Is there a way i can file a complain on the usps site? I DNT find a valid email address..

Thanks for your help.

[quote=", post:5, topic:16209"]

[/quote]

It has not worked for my company in the past. We have invariably always had issues when receiving liquids. As an example, one of our clients in the US sent us some pet bottles of water, with their own logo printed on the bottle and even that got held up. It’s not about being nuclear fuel; it’s mostly about customs being anal and some shmuck(s) wanting to make a quick buck.

I don’t know if it may be because quantity is larger in our case, but we end up having to go through our clearing agent. Since you say it’s worked for your sister though, I hope your order comes through just fine. Good luck!

[quote=", post:7, topic:16209"]

The shipper says 14 days not 2.0 months.
[/quote]

Then trust the shipper, not the USPS. I am telling you from my personal experience.

[quote=", post:7, topic:16209"]

Is there a way i can file a complain on the usps site? I DNT find a valid email address…

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]

Usually the shipper who has paid to the USPS will lodge the complaint.

[quote=“hashimk, post:8, topic:16209”]

It has not worked for my company in the past. We have invariably always had issues when receiving liquids. As an example, one of our clients in the US sent us some pet bottles of water, with their own logo printed on the bottle and even that got held up. It’s not about being nuclear fuel; it’s mostly about customs being anal and some shmuck(s) wanting to make a quick buck.

I don’t know if it may be because quantity is larger in our case, but we end up having to go through our clearing agent. Since you say it’s worked for your sister though, I hope your order comes through just fine. Good luck!

[/quote]

Well yeah size or quantity does matter probably that what the case is but on 40 dollar bottle how much these customs guys can make? I mean this is way worse then imagined if it happens in my case i would be angry as hulk:(. So if my shipment is held at custom how would i be informed. Would i get a call?

Thanks for your help…

[quote=", post:9, topic:16209"]

Then trust the shipper, not the USPS. I am telling you from my personal experience.

Usually the shipper who has paid to the USPS will lodge the complaint.

[/quote]

the Pakistan post has opened my case and has asked me for the particulars such as item date, tracking id and etc I hope they can get some Intel about the package. Thanks guys:(

[quote=", post:11, topic:16209"]

the Pakistan post has opened my case and has asked me for the particulars such as item date, tracking id and etc I hope they can get some Intel about the package. Thanks guys:(

[/quote]

Good Luck

[quote=", post:12, topic:16209"]

Good Luck

[/quote]

One side question does the delivery time includes weekends too? or just 5 days / week.

The tracking number of under reference article indicates that the article

has booked as an ordinary and any postal department has no record of an

ordinary letters. You are requested to kindly lodge a complaint to USPS

through the sender to find out the factual position of the letter as there

is no record of the article in Pakistan Post.

This is the response i got from pakistan post.

I don't know what does ordinary letter mean? CAN you explain?:(

AFAIK, it means Air Mail was used to ship it.

If USPS does not show any indication of your parcel being in transit, the shipper hasn't sent it yet.

Well usps does show my item i have included a screen shot above. It says there international letter that it.

Read the text. It wasn't shipped.

[quote=“Asad, post:17, topic:16209”]

Read the text. It wasn’t shipped.

[/quote]

No as i check the website itrack it says the package is “in-transit”. I don’t know what to believe.

If it now says 'in transit', then its been handed over to the postal service by the shipper.

[quote=", post:18, topic:16209"]

No as i check the website itrack it says the package is “in-transit”. I don’t know what to believe.

[/quote]

Now it should reach you, sooner or later.

Once a seller on Ebay used this cheaper option and I didn’t get the package. I gave him a neagtive rating. After about two months I got the item. Still I feel sorry for him/her but can’t do anything.