First satellites and now submarines

We usually blame ourselves, third-world, to unable to properly use modern machinery. Guess what, westerns are proving themselves more imbeciles than ourselves.

First the collision of two satellites (Russian and American). Now the news of collision of two nuclear submarines. Yesterday, while I was reading that news my thoughts were like "you got to be kidding me". I mean seriously, with all latest technology, with active sonar (because its peace time), how come you collide two submarines? Are drivers were sleeping or sonar operators were deaf to hear anything coming in their way?

I mean seriously guys, we are not talking about amateurs, they are suppose to be professionals.

Anyway, news is that two nuclear submarines, French and British navy, collided with each other while submerged. Both were carrying ballistic missiles with warheads.

Both navies are making excuse that both submarines were so good that can't "see" each other. But that's a lame excuse because active sonar was working at that time.

What do you guys think? Is it negligence or their technology is really that good to fool each other?

More details on news are here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7892294.stm

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/02/16/british.french.submarine.incident/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_nuclear_submarine_collision

Read about this yesterday. The French sub lost it's Sonar after the collision. They had to be towed in to shore. :D

They might be playing dodging submarines :D

A few days later they were say that these both collisions were done by Al-Qaida and there operatives. They dont have anyone else to blame.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

A few days later they were say that these both collisions were done by Al-Qaida and there operatives. They dont have anyone else to blame.
[/quote]

this reminds of this:

http://urdudaan.blogspot.com/2008/08/blog-post_20.html

Maybe they put submarines on auto-pilot and everyone went to bed :D

they are saying the anti sonars of each other was too good

May be the IC's and processor they used were made in China and bought from Pakistan :D

they are saying the anti sonars of each other was too good
[/quote]

Active sonar was functioning at the time of accident. There is no excuse if active sonar is working. They can hear each others active sonar.

awesome , i wonder what would be statements if USA ,uk or french submarine collided with Pakistani sub in arabian region .... lol

USA : "Submarine was hijacked by al-qaeda "

UK : "Pakistan navy should be thought how to drive "

and our stupid neighbour india : "L-E-T Terrorist were coming to mumbai from karachi in submarine"

^ [Addition]

Pakistan: "We need more funds to train our navy and fight terrorism. GIVE US MONEY!"

^^ Addition

People of Pakistan : "????????"

^

You Know Who: Give me 10%

^ Bang on target!

Im laughing out loud seriously reading the last few posts :P

I am sure they were practicing a friendly collision in order to observe there defence stratigy in case of suicide submarine attacke.

;)

ahahahha.... sticky this thread.... it has turned so funny

I am sure they were practicing a friendly collision in order to observe there defence stratigy in case of suicide submarine attacke.

;)

[/quote]

“Friendly collision” LOL. That’s funny. It’s not possible for suicide attackers to capture and control/drive submarine but practicing that situation… LOL. :lol:

By the way, I can see the defense of UK and France, if their best crew can’t drive latest technology submarines, I wonder what will happen if somebody similar to Hitler comes in power in Europe.

;)

[/quote]

May be they were checking what happens when subs collide or may be a TEST collision was being taking place . They sure know it now :P