Firefox 3 sucks. Period!

WTH have they done to the address bar?? its big, chunky, ugly looking and it only shows like 6 websites that I've visited! the others only get shows when i type their address!

I type in “ne”, and it sorts “slashdot-NEws for NErds”, and “groklaw.NEt”, and a few other things, BEFORE “NEws.google.com”.

If I WANTED slashdot, I would have typed “sl”. If I WANTED groklaw, I would have typed “gr”.

Do the people who design these things even type at all when they use the browser, or do just they think they are helping out old people who don’t know how to use a mouse with fancy icons?????

well i like it and i thinks its very good. for me it shows 12 visited websites, and it certainly is faster than the last one, that's for sure.

i love it, hey but every one has his own opinion.

I just tried it out. It *is* faster, but while FF2.0 used

to consume 60MB on average, FF3.0 uses 85MB plus

of your RAM.

Many of my trusty and helpful add-ons are not available

for FF3.0 yet and that will probably keep me away from

switching to FF3.0.

Not bad, but hardly the sort of fireworks that the hype

had been promising. They may have made a ton of imp-

rovements under the hood, which we are failing to app-

reciate just yet. But still, hardly what you'd call revolu-

tionary.

Sheikh 'Tab Mix Plus Rules' Chilli

open 20-30 tabs in FF2 and then in FF3. Feel the Difference

You can revert to old address bar with Oldbar extension.

I believe you're one of those people who do not like to try anything new or get out of their comfort zone. But the fact is, it has many benefits. It's simple auto-complete; majority of people like it (including me).

FF3 is wonderful, a big evolutionary step forward for the browser.

Yeah, I don't know why people are hating it so much. Come on, its still a browser right? It could not have been all that people wanted it to be, but the devs have done a good job I think. It is faster and I love the AwesomeBar.

Yeah, some extensions aren't compatible, but is that really Mozilla's fault? I don't like the theme but its not terrible either.

What I'm trying to say is that its a browser, just software. If you don't like it use something else. The fan-boy fanaticism is what gets to me.

man all the extensions i use are updated

It might be a big evolutionary step forward for FF, but Opera has already been there and just upped the game with the release of 9.5. Now talk about one fast browser minus the crazy memory hogging of FF.

I have nothing against FF. I personally feel Opera to be a better browser.

i have been usin Firefox 3 to and i m lovin it all the extensions work at least for me

and i also like that in the final release they added KDE support with the default GNOME theme

so that FF3 doesnt look terrible in Kde environments

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

open 20-30 tabs in FF2 and then in FF3. Feel the Difference
[/quote]

Brilliant! 20-30 heavy websites and still no crashes on 1.8 Core2Duo. :P

It might be a big evolutionary step forward for FF, but Opera has already been there and just upped the game with the release of 9.5. Now talk about one fast browser minus the crazy memory hogging of FF.

I have nothing against FF. I personally feel Opera to be a better browser.

[/quote]

Lifehacker did a great speed test of all the latest browsers.

Opera won in startup times but FF3 had the better memory usage. Take a look, its a great writeup.

One of the commenters there posted this and boy does it bring back memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuTgi8TP-p0

But the saving the web pages is poor

^try scrapbook extension! i love it

firefox3g3.jpg

maybe they're trying everything to acheive that world record

That picture is really old. Its classic 'Firefox girl'. Nothing new!

firefox 3 indeed sucks..

i cant have my real player plugin..

i am staying with ff 2 and i have done some tweaking with about:config to make it as fast as safari..

and btw...

safari browser is GREAT TOO... much faster than FF 3

firefox 3 indeed sucks…

i cant have my real player plugin…

i am staying with ff 2 and i have done some tweaking with about:config to make it as fast as safari…

and btw…

safari browser is GREAT TOO… much faster than FF 3

[/quote]

safari is a crappy browser and real player is crap 2

Safari is a nice browser too. After all it's the WebKit engine in use there - one of the best. I'd use Safari if there wasn't a Firefox.