[Firecruz] Some illogical happenings with PTCL

Well.

Since it's Pakistan so maybe we have our own logics of PTCL lol.

Here is a detail and kind of a question.

Today I got my ONU line setup. Usually, the Port speed is on your username/password but before I even entered the password, I could see the DS/US rate which was 8mb/1mb . Why is that first of all ?

Because I have more usernames and each username when entered shows a different DS/US rate .

Now for the actual question.

I understand the US/DS rate is indeed the total attainable speed.

Here is what I got with PTCL :

"On my copper line I had 4mb connection. The profile set for my port was also 4MB. Now when I downloaded anything it gave me full speed ( But only with download manager ) and half speed with browser ( Maybe because it requires more resources ) . When I pinged a website parallel with the download, the pings fluctuated until I stopped the download ( Because 4MB connection/4MB attainable port was being fully used ) . I got the problem's base then . Problem was that the Port 4MB was being fully occupied by the download leaving no space for the ping. So I asked them to increase my port to 6mb keeping my connection ( speed ) to 4mb which they did and I was able to get same speed in both the browser and download manager. Then I had Stable ping with parallel download."

Now on this ONU line,

Port is set to 8MB while I have a 4MB connection. Since the port is big enough, I can get stable pings even with a parallel 400kb+ download speed. But if I download through Browser, speed is just 200KB although speedtest.net gives 4MB . This is just some illogical thing that I can't understand because last time increasing the port fixed this issue but this time the port is already big. I will ask them for the issue but what do you guys say about this issue ?

Also, please answer that Why does my friend's 4MB connection gives me 1MB speed when used on my router. Similarly, in my Office I have 8MB but when I use it in home it gives 1MB. What the hell is this lol ? Maybe my port settings should be changed so I can use full speed with any username ?

What could be the issue and what could be the fix ?

Please add me Bro

real_omi@hotmail.com

Thanks wanna Talk :)

Added.

Also, I have friends and sometimes we share our usernames and passwords.

I have 4mb while he has 8mb.

If I use net through his password, I just get 1mb speed while he can use the full 4mb of my speed. Why is that so ?

correction bro....US/DS is actually the sync rate set per DSLAM from backend(NOC)...it has nothing to do with user name and password....it actually is the rate which a particular can attain and with a better SNR...since u are on ONU which has attainabilty of 24Mbps therefore ur line profile from NOC is set to 8mbps regardless of ur package....this actually is the new PTCL policy to set ports above their packages and the consumption cap is set at AAA...now wen u log in through ur account it will deliver you the speed as per ur package plan set at AAA..thts the new logic behind.... if i get ur question right...!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

correction bro…US/DS is actually the sync rate set per DSLAM from backend(NOC)…it has nothing to do with user name and password…it actually is the rate which a particular can attain and with a better SNR…since u are on ONU which has attainabilty of 24Mbps therefore ur line profile from NOC is set to 8mbps regardless of ur package…this actually is the new PTCL policy to set ports above their packages and the consumption cap is set at AAA…now wen u log in through ur account it will deliver you the speed as per ur package plan set at AAA…thts the new logic behind… if i get ur question right…!!!
[/quote]

NO, i am on ONU line.my attainable speed is 22MB but sync rate shows 1mb up and 512down as per package

if ur sync is set to 1024/512 then using a user/pass of even 10mbps wont help you ..u'll still get 1mb speed.

well my Showing 3520/864 and getting 1 Mb speed

any Help ?

I understand the US/DS rate is indeed the total attainable speed.

But see my question again,

If my attainable speed is 8mb, And I can fully use my 4mb connection with 4mb speed. Then why does someone else's 4MB password just gives me 1MB speed ?

Here is what I got with PTCL :

"On my copper line I had 4mb connection. The profile set for my port was also 4MB. Now when I downloaded anything it gave me full speed ( But only with download manager ) and half speed with browser ( Maybe because it requires more resources ) . When I pinged a website parallel with the download, the pings fluctuated until I stopped the download ( Because 4MB connection/4MB attainable port was being fully used ) . I got the problem's base then . Problem was that the Port 4MB was being fully occupied by the download leaving no space for the ping. So I asked them to increase my port to 6mb keeping my connection ( speed ) to 4mb which they did and I was able to get same speed in both the browser and download manager. Then I had Stable ping with parallel download."

Now on this ONU line,

Port is set to 8MB while I have a 4MB connection. Since the port is big enough, I can get stable pings even with a parallel 400kb+ download speed. But if I download through Browser, speed is just 200KB although speedtest.net gives 4MB . This is just some illogical thing that I can't understand because last time increasing the port fixed this issue but this time the port is already big. I will ask them for the issue but what do you guys say about this issue ?

Also, please answer that Why does my friend's 4MB connection gives me 1MB speed when used on my router. Similarly, in my Office I have 8MB but when I use it in home it gives 1MB. What the hell is this lol ? Maybe my port settings should be changed so I can use full speed with any username ?

i think Speed They cap on Line ?

thats why no use of username and password..You have 4 MB package on Your Line and you cant use 8 MB until they Uncap it to 8 mb..its only my guess

lol That's not the case.

Waiting for Firecruz or any other guy who knows about this issue.

the process of implementing the new setup is underway....the DSLAM at ur home end is still running on the old principle of bandwidth cap per line...! thats way its happening..>!

see Bandwidth Cap per Line :P

I don't know what Bandwidth Cap per Line is..

But talking logically if Bandwidth cap on my line is 4MB ( which is my current connection ) then I would be able to get the same speed if I use any other Username of same connection . Why doesn't this happen ?

Anyways, just wanted a Solution to it more than I wanted to know the answer.

So Firecruz or anyone who has accept to PTCL back-end servers, please setup my profile so I can use full speed of this username .

Also, please give me your Email or Msn id.

Or something where you can read my Message quickly.

I need some favour from you firecruz

Waiting for you bro..

Try this with another ONU user. My ONU line syncs @ 24Mbps on ADSL2+ mode or 10Mbps on G.DMT mode the day I got IPTV on it.

I have tried this both at Copper and ONU.

Its the same.

I am also wondering the same thing. If I try using any other username/password combination other then the one I was provided with from PTCL, my speed automatically is set to 1 MB, even when my sync rate is much more then sufficient. Is there a reason behind this?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am also wondering the same thing. If I try using any other username/password combination other then the one I was provided with from PTCL, my speed automatically is set to 1 MB, even when my sync rate is much more then sufficient. Is there a reason behind this?
[/quote]

port restricted to 1mb :P