Firecruz please explain this anomaly

What might have caused this

cant understand your question in terms of pic!

Are u asking about open DNS?

OR

About the IP change log?

about the ip change log

yeah i have been noticing it too the ip is changing very fast

and coz of that our torrent downloads are disrupted specially in case of private trackers.

BTW firecruz can u tell what is happening with peshawar region, coz internet comes for like 5 mins and then goes out for 15 mins then again comes for 5 mins

someone at the exchange told me that peshawar region is facing transmission error.

yousaf the DHCP ip policy for ptcl is 6hours...means you can have an IP for 6 hours then it would expire and change! But you have a lil bigger prob that its not only your IP is changing I guess your DSL connection is making\breaking! to check this when ever you feel disconnected a while ago you can still check it by going on router page and see connected time! ...if its refreshed it means you have line problems and it is not able to maintain the handshake for long time!

wasim

Yes actually there are many problems ....like the we dont have much skilled locals there as in here! so its not transmission its MEdia which is flappy! I PTCL management know about the peshawar prob but cuz of law and order situation BAHANA they get out of it easily :(

Here is the router's time

5hours 16 mins! Its system uptime! means your router is switched on since 5 hours 16mins!... I dont see a timer of your DSL connection stats! But w.r.t torrent graph your DSL is breaking up again n again! means...line probs! You must have marginal attenuation but less snr! (I guess)

Here is the stat page DS Line Attenuation used to be 28

Sad that shiro doesnt shoes its connected time on its web interface! what is your exch city\area? cuz ur snr and NM seems ok!

I will send you a Pm for area.

Here are two more screenshots from same time, look at speed spike!

by the way these spikes show your modem\lan card buffer being acting weirdly! not a network side issue! can you check it on some other modem like zte! mb try borrowing it from some neighbor or...

On my side... on 1mb connection on torrents, when uploads speed goes more than 30kb then download speed drops to around 70kb from 110kb

so that could be your seeding problem

it's not just ptcl's problem, it's worldwide

upload speed affect download

@kashifyy

just fyi in ADSL there upload \download are separate and increasing upload SHOULD not affect download but it does! and the reason is not that download is shared by upload but actually if you have 512kbps upload which means like 40kb! and if you dont restrict your 40kb then the DATA which is used to operate the torrent e.g. the GET piece , HAVE piece, PUT piece is choked! means your traffic upload chokes your communication upload! (i hope ur clear by terms) So you have to limit your uploads w.r.t your package e.g

ptcl's 1mb package has 512kbps upload! in general keep like 20kb for the torrent communication so if you get upload like 45kb....put your limit to 25kb!

Secondly never limit it like 4-5kb cuz then by torrent's architecture people's torrent clients tend to ban u individually which cuz u to have no good peers! and reduces speed! so... do upload but 20kb bacha kar!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

by the way these spikes show your modem\lan card buffer being acting weirdly! not a network side issue! can you check it on some other modem like zte! mb try borrowing it from some neighbor or…
[/quote]

I do have aztech modem, btw, these spikes only happen very rarely (on some really lucky times) :P

But that disconnection is routine issue.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@kashifyy

just fyi in ADSL there upload \download are separate and increasing upload SHOULD not affect download but it does! and the reason is not that download is shared by upload but actually if you have 512kbps upload which means like 40kb! and if you dont restrict your 40kb then the DATA which is used to operate the torrent e.g. the GET piece , HAVE piece, PUT piece is choked! means your traffic upload chokes your communication upload! (i hope ur clear by terms) So you have to limit your uploads w.r.t your package e.g

ptcl’s 1mb package has 512kbps upload! in general keep like 20kb for the torrent communication so if you get upload like 45kb…put your limit to 25kb!

Secondly never limit it like 4-5kb cuz then by torrent’s architecture people’s torrent clients tend to ban u individually which cuz u to have no good peers! and reduces speed! so… do upload but 20kb bacha kar!

[/quote]

You are saying we should limit our upload speed to 25kbps ?

Yes ....in simple words do this

1MB package .....set upload limit to 30kb

2MB package .....set upload limit to 50kb

4mb package .... set upload limit to 60kb

just leave the CALCs and do this....!

You still have to upload but in limit as you dont wana get kicks from peers! IF you ever noticed there is a option in utorrent i.e. "ban.ratio". "ban interva" etc ?

Ill put on a forum soon which will explain torrents and how to optimize ur client!

@firecruz

isnt 1mb package upload speed capped at 256kbps.

Btw in utorrent i limit my upload to 12 kB/s , i always get an average of 100 kB/s never faced any problem even from public trackers!!

Yeah on 1Mbps the upload is capped at 256kbps

Isn't it 1021/504 ?