Finally a stealth suit

Researchers create camera fabric

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As reported by CNet, the team at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have been able to create a working prototype of a fabric which is able to act like a – very simple, admittedly – camera.

The fabric – which is created from a mesh of light-sensitive fibres less than a millimetre in diameter – is capable of detecting two frequencies of light and sending a signal which can be amplified to produce an image of the fabrics surroundings. So far the team has been using it to reproduce a smiley face image on a nearby computer.

Describing the work carried out by his team to technical journal Nano Letters, associate professor of materials science Yoel Fink claimed that the breakthrough represents “the first time that anybody has demonstrated that a single plan of fibres, or 'fabric', can collect images just like a camera but without a lens.”

The technology promises numerous applications – beyond the obvious utility to voyeurs – including the possibility of increasing the amount of information available to a soldier regarding threats in any direction. As the woven fabric is capable of resisting damage – only the fibres in a particular damaged area will stop operating – it also holds promise for more rugged cameras, and as the material is flexible you could wave bye-bye to worries about scratching your camera lens.

[/quote]

Just think:

combine a photographic layer and a projection layer in one piece of clothing and you would have enough of an image to camouflage at long distance or in largely cluttered areas. Hence Solid Snake's Camo suit is born.

I love Solid Snake it was the best game i've played full of emotions,cruelity,tragedy,politics,tactics,love and devotion. I think this kind of sutie could be detectable in daylight. Real amazing! Where is the world standing! man!

I love Solid Snake it was the best game i’ve played full of emotions,cruelity,tragedy,politics,tactics,love and devotion. I think this kind of sutie could be detectable in daylight. Real amazing! Where is the world standing! man!
[/quote]

Wow the description you gave just reflected the condition of this country. Maybe they could base the next MGS on Pakiland, with a new hero named “Sakht Sanpp”!?! (For some reason the name sounds wrong).

“Sakht Sanpp”!?! (For some reason the name sounds wrong).
[/quote]

The correct name should be Thos Saamp. :D

[/quote]

LoL good one

corrected it thos sanmp! think of it sa noon gunn'a. ;)

[/quote]

i think correct name should be “munjamet saanp” lol

scientifically speaking “solidus ophidian”

http://www.answers.com/topic/solidus

http://www.answers.com/topic/ophidian

just thought of bringing this topic back, and see what people have to say now!!

I am still willing to get one of these suits! :)

The applications of the fabric must be increased 10 fold by now, especially since the army invested in it.

I bet they are testing it right now in Afghanistan..

Besides stealth suit, there are limitless possibilities like the aforementioned camera lens means, we could use it as a 3d camera and use it to search for earthquake or mine survivors. Or even use it as a moving Wallpaper, OR use it as a gaming screen

How about this one guys!

It looks something like low quality stealth car, Imagine that in hd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIGzpi9lCck

Nice one...