Filezilla problem :(

iam using ZXDSL 831CII modem & iam getting problems in uploading data through filezilla

it always says error "Connection time out, File transfer failed"

although i was using Huawei MT880 modem before ZXDSL 831CII, it was the best in uploading through filezilla, but i can't able to sort out the problem with ZXDSL 831CII. i dont understand why its not uploading :(

please somebody solve my problem as soon as possible please.

Thanks.

same problem here

unable to upload files

Set Filezilla to use Passive mode in setings.

You need to open FTP ports in your modem's firewall.

already done this, but problem not solved :(

Have you tried other FTP clients

I've found CuteFTP 8 (not previous versions) very good and been using this for the past three years or so without any problem.

yes bro, i tried almost all ftp clients but problem still there :(

I am sure your modem's firewall is blocking it. Are you able to connect to any site and have trouble in transferring data file or you can't connect at all. In first case firewall is blocking Port 20 while in second case Port 20-21 are blocked.

[quote=“scuzzy, post:7, topic:15638”]

I am sure your modem’s firewall is blocking it. Are you able to connect to any site and have trouble in transferring data file or you can’t connect at all. In first case firewall is blocking Port 20 while in second case Port 20-21 are blocked.

[/quote]

its not modem’s firewall problem its problem from ptcl.

My uploading starts and after uploading to 100% the file starts again to upload and this process continues …

and the rest of files remain in queue.

I am facing this problem in PTCL while using Link dot net it was ok with no problem.

I am on PTCL and Filezilla works fine for me. I have used two modems Huwawei MT880 and now Linksys WAG120N with no problem at all. So its not PTCL.

Check the Log for possible indicationof error.