Fed up with local cable, Any other option?

Friends,

Considering the loadshedding problem in Karachi (even all over Pakistan), when you are having light in your area, sometimes there is no light in your adjacent areas. So local cable remains off most of the time.

Are there any other options in Pakistan. I know DTH is still not allowed by PEMRA.

Please suggest me other options.

[quote=“SMR, post:, topic:”]

Friends,

Considering the loadshedding problem in Karachi (even all over Pakistan), when you are having light in your area, sometimes there is no light in your adjacent areas. So local cable remains off most of the time.

Are there any other options in Pakistan. I know DTH is still not allowed by PEMRA.

Please suggest me other options.

[/quote]

I’m molvi type banda, I only watch Ben 10 so I don’t know much :D

Who said Dish TV etc is not allowed? You mean we can't install it at home?

he mean to say that our lovely pemra authority have not yet given any license of DTH in pakistan

What is this Dish TV everyone is talking about? Is it better then PTCL smart? I haven't used smart nor I'm planning to cuz i know it's SH.IT!

Order for time warner cable

[quote=“nawab101, post:5, topic:15647”]

What is this Dish TV everyone is talking about? Is it better then PTCL smart? I haven’t used smart nor I’m planning to cuz i know it’s SH.IT!

[/quote]

its an Indian DirectToHome tv service, see the link below for details

http://www.dishtv.in/

Isn't there any authority to watch quality of channels, reception and tariff etc? Primarily PEMRA should also look after consumer rights but apparently Govt agencies are busy in their own work.

If you want good quality SD channels and great quality HD channels 24/7 than DTH is the best option. I am highly satisfied with Tata sky HD, i don't have to worry about loadshedding anymore while watching movies etc. If you want pakistani channels as well than buy an additional receiver along with dish costing you around 5ks and you are done.