FCC changes broadband spec

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The FCC has finally shifted the definition of broadband from 200kbps to 768kbps, probably not as high as it should be, but a vast improvement. The agency says they’ll also start tracking both downstream and upstream speeds and will scrap the zip code tracking methodology for more substantive census-track level reporting. Carriers still won’t be required to release data on the prices they charge for different speeds.
[/quote]

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/FCC-Finally-Realizes-200kbps-is-Not-Broadband-92792

so i guess 512 kbps isnt broadband anymore

ah but in this country ISPs even market 64 kbps as broadband

God bless the "goras".

Even 56kb is still dream in some areas of karachi.

Even 56kb is still dream in some areas of karachi.
[/quote]

yeah and some isps may also market 56kb as "BROADBAND"

i guess in Pakistan Broadband means any form of internet regardless of speed as long as its not dial up

yeah and some isps may also market 56kb as "BROADBAND"

i guess in Pakistan Broadband means any form of internet regardless of speed as long as its not dial up

[/quote]

No, I guess being in Pakistan means that you don’t have to go to hell after you die… I think its the only and the greatest advantage being a !@#$. ;)

Crap, why PTCl uses the Broadband for 512k connection.

Crap, why PTCl uses the Broadband for 512k connection.
[/quote]

Because its subscribers and other isp’s subscribers are either dumbass or way too much innocent.

64kbps is still called Broadband in Pakistan

I got a call from Worldcall yesterday and the sales woman told me 'our 100k is the same as the 256k package that you get from other services.'

I got a call from Worldcall yesterday and the sales woman told me ‘our 100k is the same as the 256k package that you get from other services.’
[/quote]

Lol… now do you believe what i said above… :D